Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Honestly fam, I'm starting to get behind this. My barber has been saying this the past two years almost, and I've argued against him from jump.

If AD is going to continue being injured, his salary is taking up precious cap space that can be used on depth. We haven't been able to use him in 3 out of 4 years, and his injuries have made his acquisition almost as bad as the Russ acquisition.

Almost :lolbron:

But I'm going to push back on the idea that we can't have both of them. Actually, we can (and it almost happened on two occasions this season if rumors are to be believed, anyway). The money is nothing we can't figure out, but removing them 47 Ms that Russ is hoarding currently would help significantly.

Myles' current salary is $18m, free agent next season. Buddy is on a 2 year deal and is owed 21m this year, and 19m next year. We obviously have to get rid of Russ to acquire them this year, so we lose 47m and take on 39m, leaving 6 million to bring in ANOTHER player if the need arises. If LAL wants to keep Turner next year, his salary will almost certainly come down, especially because he WANTS to be in Los Angeles. We don't have to hook him to be here.

I think if the Russ domino falls, Pat Bev will probably also get moved, and that's another 13m coming off the books. This can be used for depth as well, or hell, to acquire a 2nd round pick, considering we don't need Beverly in any way this year. A team looking for an expiring contract might find that desirable.

Maybe I've overlooked something, but I'm not sure why you're saying we can't have both, so put me on game fam, I'm willing to hear you out :feedme:
Center is the least valuable position in basketball right now. If they added Turner, half the cap would be going to the center position. Beyond that, LeBron's best position is PF now so you can't play AD and Turner together. So now they'd be paying $20 million for a bench player who probably wouldn't get more than 25 minutes a night with optimal lineups.

If they trade for a center, give me Mo Bamba. Makes $10 million, shouldn't cost much in picks since he barely plays there and his contract is non-guaranteed for 2023-24 so they can just rinse their hands if it doesn't work out but they have an option for one more year at 10.

I don't like the idea of trading either of their firsts for guys like Turner, FVV :scust: or Gary Trent Jr. All of them would have the Lakers over a barrel since they can all be free agents this summer. They give up a first or, God forbid, an unprotected first for any of those guys, you have to re-sign them and that means overpay.

That's why I'll pound the Bogdanovic drum since he's locked up through 2025 at a very reasonable number. :manny:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Center is the least valuable position in basketball right now. If they added Turner, half the cap would be going to the center position

In our current situation, I believe this is inevitable, given Davis' lack of games played. I'm with you on potentially offloading him, should we receive his (healthy) worth in players back. I still like AD, a lot. Should he remain healthy, the Lakers are a formidable team with him and Bron playing well, and with decent depth. The West is WIDE open.

But hear this: Davis is not a center.

With Myles, he'd be playing the PF, which is what he prefers and it keeps him healthier because he doesn't have to bang with centers. That would be Myles' job. This is what I have been proposing ever since TB has come alive-- start Davis at the 4. This creates incredible mismatches on offense, as now teams have to go big just to guard AD at the 4 and Myles at the 5. You just said that the Center position is the least valuable position-- this means teams don't have the size to match up with the Lakers, and would lose the rebounding game, and now have to deal with Myles and Davis in the paint on defense, altering every shot in the paint, effectively turning the opposing team into a jump shooting team, which we have established they cannot afford, because they have to put a extra big on the floor to guard Myles AND Davis.

Just those two guys being on the floor together makes it miserable for opposing teams. And then you have Rui coming off the bench for Davis and Thomas for Myles.

Beyond that, LeBron's best position is PF now so you can't play AD and Turner together

I vehemently disagree. LeBron is best in the flow of the game as the Point Forward or his natural Small Forward position.

With Myles, Davis and LeBron on the floor at the same time, you're now too big for most NBA teams, and will be exploiting mismatches all over the floor.

Our worst matchup (probably the Clippers) becomes easy work. They would never outrebound us again.

If they trade for a center, give me Mo Bamba. Makes $10 million, shouldn't cost much in picks since he barely plays there and his contract is non-guaranteed for 2023-24 so they can just rinse their hands if it doesn't work out but they have an option for one more year at 10.

I like Mo, but he's giving you significantly less production than Turner for only 9 million less. Mo is a bench player- we already have that in Thomas Bryant. Turner is simply the better option for the bread, because you're getting a starter-level player, significantly more blocks, and more rebounds, which have been important for LAL. Turner is also the better three point shooter on MORE attempts.

I don't like the idea of trading either of their firsts for guys like Turner, FVV :scust: or Gary Trent Jr

This is will agree. I don't like FVV for this current Lakers team (he thinks he's worth 30m per:mjlol:), although Trent is interesting.

The Pacers are bullshytting. They know they are about to lose Turner for NOTHING in this upcoming season, and will probably sign with the Lakers anyway.

I think Russ for Turner head up is an option they would seriously consider, but they'd need to work in a third team to get Hield's money off the books, because they can't just take Westbrook without running into a conflict with Hield's money. This is why they've been packaged together in all these talks, and why the picks even came up in the first place. They need to get out of Buddy's contract.

The problem for us is that he's a fukking 43% shooter, and backup ballhandler, two things we'd love to have.

That's why I'll pound the Bogdanovic drum since he's locked up through 2025 at a very reasonable number. :manny:

No, I agree.

I really only want Turner. Buddy is a nice to have, but like I said, the problem with getting Turner is that the Pacers want to package Buddy in the deal.

I'd be pitching Turner for Russ and MAYBE a pick, and get Detroit in on the deal to move Buddy to Detroit, and we give up Pat Bev, Walker or maybe a 2nd round pick for Bojan. That would satisfy the salaries for both Detroit and Indiana, and we get a starting Center and a wing that can shoot, with the only downside being we take on Bojan's salary for two and a half years.

Win/Win/Win

:blessed:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Are Lavine's knees that shot that the Bulls are just going to give him away for two first round picks?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Regular_P

Here are the parameters:

1. Lakers give up Russ (plus a pick, potentially) to Indy for Turner.
2. Indiana sends Buddy to Detroit, possibly starting him over Ivey
3. Detroit sends LA Bojan for pick/Bev/Walker or combination of the three.

Detroit maintains a shooting presence with one less year of guaranteed money, Lakers get the size and wing they were hoping for as well as dumping Russ, Indiana gets an expiring contract, and HELLA cap space for next year.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, only Kyrie is worth it and even then he not THAT worth it depending on where you stand. I love the idea of making this a balanced, deep roster again. I want to add young prospects as opposed to give them away.

But for Kyrie it would at least be understandable.
Who would you rather have on the team next year

Seth Curry and Mo Bamba….or Kyrie?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Rumors of us trading for FVV and Gary Trent, now FVV is signing with Klutch and Gary is already there.

Klutch also has Gary Trent, O.G anouby and now Fred Van fleet. Lebron stay owning the raptors.

The dynasty continues ya die

Stay in denial brehs

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Some of y'all not realizing that we could have had Buddy and Turner to begin the year.. probably would have been a top 3 seed the way things are looking now

But Jeanie and the 50 people she listens to said no last minute, then gave Ham/Bron/AD 10 guards and said "make it work"

We could’ve had Buddy in the summer of 2021, shut the fukk up.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
We could’ve had Buddy in the summer of 2021, shut the fukk up.
In a trade for Trez/Kuz and a 1st... do you think that's a good deal? cause honestly I don't. It's better than the Russ trade, but that Buddy trade was chitty too

Dumb ass fat boy.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still think our best bet are the Bulls. They're in a free fall and they don't have their pick. I think we have a chance to get Lavine or DeMar.