Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
How were they gonna match Olynyk's salary? What could they have offered that topped Bogdanovic?

Timing is everything......I think the Lakers could've traded for Olynyk before last season's trade deadline...He was injured and making 12m per.......Nunn, Anthony, Dwight, and a 2nd rd pick probably gets it done...This move would've saved Detriot 7-12 million in cap space.....Just look at how the Pistons traded L.Grant to Portland for peanuts.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The FO never committed to trading 2 picks. If they did Wesbrook would have been traded during the trade deadline last season. They have always set the line at trading 1, only 2 if they get a star player like Kyrie. Every counter offer from other teams have been wanting both picks.

I don't think anyone from the franchise expected to have the worst start since 2015/16 roster because at the end of the day LeBron/AD should be better than the farewell Kobe team. As a Laker fan, we should be more than happy that the FO did not waste the 2 picks so far. This FO has done a horrible job at wasting assets in recent years which has backfired so them finally learning, I am okay with
If they aren't gonna trade the picks then is the plan just to suck for the next 4 years. Next year the only decent free agent is Kyrie and that is a wash. They freeing up cap space for Draymond?????

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Timing is everything......I think the Lakers could've traded for Olynyk before last season's trade deadline...He was injured and making 12m per.......Nunn, Anthony, Dwight, and a 2nd rd pick probably gets it done...This move would've saved Detriot 7-12 million in cap space.....Just look at how the Pistons traded L.Grant to Portland for peanuts.
Lemme get this straight. Your hindsight plan is they should have traded a productive player in Carmelo, plus a pick last season for an injured player?

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Lemme get this straight. Your hindsight plan is they should have traded a productive player in Carmelo, plus a pick last season for an injured player?

Yes.....It's called forward-thinking...The Lakers FO had given up on the season (I don't blame them)....Why not make plans for this season... Everyone knew the lakers would need shooters. Olynyk would've been a perfect fit...As for Carmelo, he would've been a FA and the Lakers could've signed him during the offseason.....Just because you aren't a contender does not mean you can't improve your roster for the next season......Also, my plan isn't hindsight...I proposed a K.Olynyk trade before last season's trade deadline....I'll see if I can find it.

Edit...This post wasn't exactly before the trade deadline but it was before the start of last season.....I wanted the Lakers to sign Olynyk...

I think Olynyk would be a great fit on the Lakers...A big man who can spread the floor.

Last edited:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LeBron is too old to be playing on a roster like this. He is officially out on the Lakers until they make some moves.

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they aren't gonna trade the picks then is the plan just to suck for the next 4 years. Next year the only decent free agent is Kyrie and that is a wash. They freeing up cap space for Draymond?????
so are you saying offer up both picks to indiana for buddy and turner? does that move the needle enough now to give up two 1st round picks which by the time the 27 draft rolls around lebron will have retired and ad will be 34 if hes even still on the lakers. the opposing argument is the fo made the right decision because they suck right now theyre going to suck no matter what deal is made so get to the offseason with 38-40 mil in cap space and then decide to go after free agents or blow it up.

you blow it up after this season miami seems like a logical spot for lebron, get back 1-2 firsts, herro, expirings or 2-3 firsts and expirings. for ad in the east alone, indiana and charlotte have the cap space to absorb him but the knicks would seem the most likely partner. you either get back mitchell robinson, expirings and 2-3 picks or expirings and 3-4 picks.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
so are you saying offer up both picks to indiana for buddy and turner? does that move the needle enough now to give up two 1st round picks which by the time the 27 draft rolls around lebron will have retired and ad will be 34 if hes even still on the lakers. the opposing argument is the fo made the right decision because they suck right now theyre going to suck no matter what deal is made so get to the offseason with 38-40 mil in cap space and then decide to go after free agents or blow it up.

you blow it up after this season miami seems like a logical spot for lebron, get back 1-2 firsts, herro, expirings or 2-3 firsts and expirings. for ad in the east alone, indiana and charlotte have the cap space to absorb him but the knicks would seem the most likely partner. you either get back mitchell robinson, expirings and 2-3 picks or expirings and 3-4 picks.

Riley laughs you off the phone

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I blame the staff and management. if your Superstar player is telling you he doesn't want to change his game up and you signed him based on the game he was playing, why the fukk did they not sign a real center. This is part of the problem they keep trying to force him to be someone he clearly doesn't wanna be.
Nah that's on him. The league is not what it was when he first got drafted. He's a 5.
What real center was available for the minimum? And don't say Cousins or Dwight.
Dwight is still a serviceable center though. He had an issue with the Lakers not giving a multi-year deal to anybody over 30.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Yes that moves the needle according to the analytics it brings the team to a 47/48 win team

Build An NBA Contender With Our Roster-Shuffling Machine

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes that moves the needle according to the analytics it brings the team to a 47/48 win team

Build An NBA Contender With Our Roster-Shuffling Machine
there is an updated link with the 2023 rosters. it has the lakers at 29 wins currently with 1% chance of making the playoffs, you make the trade 36 wins with 26% chance of making the playoffs.

Last edited:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not that im doubting your work ethic, but did you or someone else change the roster for every single team because those rosters are from the summer before free agency and the draft. the lakers are 2-8, if you make that trade now i think at absolute best you sneak into the play-in.

exactly at 2-8. realistically your season is done.

no point in making deals to get better now. u make deals to get worse.

at this point just keep hoping the pelicans keep losing. season is a success in my eyes if the pelicans completely fail and become a lottery pick. even with the pick swap we end up with a lottery pick.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we trade the picks we are still gonna suck what do you not get about that :what:
The entire point was that the move shoulda been done in the summer instead of coming into the season with this mess of a roster where 10 games in the season is already over. We do not have a competitive NBA level team and nikkas are ok with tanking in a year where we don’t even own our pick. Y’all are crazy.