Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With Russ on this roster he had to play the 5 and he was a big part of Russ coming here. You are right too, he has never wanted to play 5 his entire career. They just need to give up on that idea.
This is what I am saying . For them to hitch their wagon and admit AD to be the focal point they did a shyt job of giving him any chance to be the best player he could be. THEY HAD THE FORMULA in 2020. There is no excuse for this team. They know exactly what works and veered away from it.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I think the Lakers will end up doing a trade soon. I don't think they blow it up until the offseason if the trade doesn't workout.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
This is what I am saying . For them to hitch their wagon and admit AD to be the focal point they did a shyt job of giving him any chance to be the best player he could be. THEY HAD THE FORMULA in 2020. There is no excuse for this team. They know exactly what works and veered away from it.
Both stars wanted this team as much as the FO. And this FO has always listened to them since day 1, it is what it is:yeshrug:.

They got rid of Danny Green because Bron wanted another ball handler. I didn't mind the 2021 roster, I thought that team was pretty good but the injuries eventually cost us. And then they completely overreacted to the Harden thing and tried to get the 3rd star instead of keeping a deep team like the past 2 years. Their window is closed and they all have to realize it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Like someone said last game they could have explored a trade for a dude like Olynk in the offseason.

How were they gonna match Olynyk's salary? What could they have offered that topped Bogdanovic?

Why are you making excuses? They could have found and or traded for anyone. Instead they signed two dudes who are smaller than AD and can't rebound or do anything.

Your boy AD wanted Russ, therefore eliminating all roster flexibility. You bozos love pretending that didn't happen or someone can wave a magic wand and create $20 million in cap space.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both stars wanted this team as much as the FO. And this FO has always listened to them since day 1, it is what it is:yeshrug:.

They got rid of Danny Green because Bron wanted another ball handler. I didn't mind the 2021 roster, I thought that team was pretty good but the injuries eventually cost us. And then they completely overreacted to the Harden thing and tried to get the 3rd star instead of keeping a deep team like the past 2 years. Their window is closed and they all have to realize it.
Bruh even if that was the case, they built the entire roster this summer with the intent of trading Russ and DID NOT TRADE HIM. This whole offseason was built around filling that and they just didn't do it. Jeanie and the Rambi and Rob can go fukk themselves. They a fukking joke.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How were they gonna match Olynyk's salary? What could they have offered that topped Bogdanovic?

Your boy AD wanted Russ, therefore eliminating all roster flexibility. You bozos love pretending that didn't happen or someone can wave a magic wand and create $20 million in cap space.
And after last year that shyt ain't work and they still ain't made a move in the off season like they should have. So what's the excuse? Did we need another season to see this roster ain't work? And then to admit that it ain't work by constructing a roster in the off season based on trading Russ and then to NOT trade him? You nikkas are lost fam.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
And after last year that shyt ain't work and they still ain't made a move in the off season like they should have. So what's the excuse? Did we need another season to see this roster ain't work? And then to admit that it ain't work by constructing a roster in the off season based on trading Russ and then to NOT trade him? You nikkas are lost fam.
You need a trading partner to trade someone.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Bruh even if that was the case, they built the entire roster this summer with the intent of trading Russ and DID NOT TRADE HIM. This whole offseason was built around filling that and they just didn't do it. Jeanie and the Rambi and Rob can go fukk themselves. They a fukking joke.
You are right and they did talk to other teams all summer. The best player available was Kyrie and Nets declined.

All the other packages available are role players. If LeBron and AD are good enough for only 2-8, role players are not turning this around. I have zero issues with the FO being hesitant and not trading for the 1st package available. You are asking for 2 more seasons like this one in the future with no picks, no wins and nothing to compete for if you give up those picks.

LeBron and AD have not convinced that you should give up those picks

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are right and they did talk to other teams all summer. The best player available was Kyrie and Nets declined.

All the other packages available are role players. If LeBron and AD are good enough for only 2-8, role players are not turning this around. I have zero issues with the FO being hesitant and not trading for the 1st package available. You are asking for 2 more seasons like this one in the future with no picks, no wins and nothing to compete for if you give up those picks.

LeBron and AD have not convinced that you should give up those picks
You're using hindsight while I'm talking about the offseason. You can't have it both ways. Somehow the front office thinks the can compete with a shyt roster and also worry about players in fukking middleschool right now. You either commit to competing or blow it up. You can't play the middle and expect to be effective. To me it looks like the ownership is fine with being mediocre and not competing.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You're using hindsight while I'm talking about the offseason. You can't have it both ways. Somehow the front office thinks the can compete with a shyt roster and also worry about players in fukking middleschool right now. You either commit to competing or blow it up. You can't play the middle and expect to be effective. To me it looks like the ownership is fine with being mediocre and not competing.
There's this thing called the salary cap in the NBA. Maybe you should become a Dodgers fan.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
The FO never committed to trading 2 picks. If they did Wesbrook would have been traded during the trade deadline last season. They have always set the line at trading 1, only 2 if they get a star player like Kyrie. Every counter offer from other teams have been wanting both picks.

I don't think anyone from the franchise expected to have the worst start since 2015/16 roster because at the end of the day LeBron/AD should be better than the farewell Kobe team. As a Laker fan, we should be more than happy that the FO did not waste the 2 picks so far. This FO has done a horrible job at wasting assets in recent years which has backfired so them finally learning, I am okay with