Controversy: Uncharted 4 black woman is voiced by a white woman

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
wtf is this shyt? No way is that real...

:wtf:

Yep. Sony was very "weird" with their marketing during the turn of the century.
PlayStation-Portable.jpg

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
wtf is this shyt? No way is that real...

:wtf:

Very much real Sony Playstation: "GRABBING ARM" Outdoor Advert by TBWA\Neboko Amsterdam

The advert team likes doing questionable shots, like a cac pinning a woman down. They're from Amsterdam so I'm not surprised, they give zero fukks, when I first saw the ad I was like "Oh those guys again..." It's like your 12 yr old cousin saying he cant beat you in Street Fighter when you're ranked number 10 in the world...it's adorable but retarded.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Very much real Sony Playstation: "GRABBING ARM" Outdoor Advert by TBWA\Neboko Amsterdam

The advert team likes doing questionable shots, like a cac pinning a woman down. They're from Amsterdam so I'm not surprised, they give zero fukks, when I first saw the ad I was like "Oh those guys again..." It's like your 12 yr old cousin saying he cant beat you in Street Fighter when you're ranked number 10 in the world...it's adorable but retarded.
Its dangerous and pernicious. Lets not act as if racist imagery is harmless breh.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've never seen so much hypocrisy in here.
The Greeks weren't outraged that Kratos was voiced by a black man.
It's voice acting. Period.
fukk the Greeks. We are talking about black people here. All you step in fetch it Sony fans needs to face reality. You stan a company that likely wouldn't piss on you if your black ass was on fire. :russ:

No go play your Uncharted 5 or whatever the fukk...:laff:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well you have to take the historical context and current race relations into account. A voice actor shouldn't matter, but you best believe black women aren't being considered in rolls for white game characters. And black women have historically been given less rolls in entertainment. With those two facts in mind, it's not hard to see why people would be upset at this.
Sad that it has to be broken down to this level. Motherfukkers act as if there are tons of black voice actors in movies or the gaming industry.

Clowns in here i swear.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Its dangerous and pernicious. Lets not act as if racist imagery is harmless breh.

In this day and age, it's harmless, because we're at the "bigger picture" stage. If Kevin Hart can make fun of black people and his audience understand that its all in fun, then we as a people have moved forward. Calling someone a "******" countless times like Kramer did is one thing, but an advert by a company that does it pretty for "troll" purposes? they should be ignored.

Racist imagery is always going to be that...imagery, it will be lost in the annals of time and people will focus on what really matters, like hate groups, racial violence, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that kind of behavior, I pointing out that its a non-issue when bigger things are at hand.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The voice works with the character so I didn't bug me.

Aveline was voiced by a "white" woman. As was Nilin from Remember Me...

No one cares till you show a picture. Also, black actors just don't like voice acting, Morgan Freeman has said he detested it, Samuel Jackson says he doesn't "find himself wanting to do it much", and so forth. Even the A-listers don't like it...

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In this day and age, it's harmless, because we're at the "bigger picture" stage. If Kevin Hart can make fun of black people and his audience understand that its all in fun, then we as a people have moved forward. Calling someone a "******" countless times like Kramer did is one thing, but an advert by a company that does it pretty for "troll" purposes? they should be ignored.

Racist imagery is always going to be that...imagery, it will be lost in the annals of time and people will focus on what really matters, like hate groups, racial violence, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that kind of behavior, I pointing out that its a non-issue when bigger things are at hand.
You're obviously not black. Please don't try to lecture me on what is and what isn't racism. Stay in your lane.