Controversy: Uncharted 4 black woman is voiced by a white woman

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've never seen so much hypocrisy in here.
The Greeks weren't outraged that Kratos was voiced by a black man.
It's voice acting. Period.
Well you have to take the historical context and current race relations into account. A voice actor shouldn't matter, but you best believe black women aren't being considered in rolls for white game characters. And black women have historically been given less rolls in entertainment. With those two facts in mind, it's not hard to see why people would be upset at this.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Well you have to take the historical context and current race relations into account. A voice actor shouldn't matter, but you best believe black women aren't being considered in rolls for white game characters. And black women have historically been given less rolls in entertainment. With those two facts in mind, it's not hard to see why people would be upset at this.

Wht other rolls aren't black women getting? :jbhmm:

Arctic? Egg? Cloverleaf? Finger?

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
You think a black woman had any chance of getting the roll of one of the white characters in previous naughty dog games?

I'm sure if they applied for more rolls, the rolls will start rolling in.
See what I did there. I guess you cou;d say (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■), I'm on a roll
:manny:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I don't see a problem with it as long as she not trying to be extra with it:manny:

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
does anyone see some backlash with the fight scene

Nate, a white man (most privileged) vs. Nadine, a black woman (the most oppressed)?

Blaze500

Banned
Daps