Controversy: Uncharted 4 black woman is voiced by a white woman

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The voice actress
how is making the voice actress black any better? when the character herself is mixed.

that's like saying, hey adults shouldn't voice kids, like how that old ass woman voices bart

or fat people shouldn't voice skinny people

the woman sounds like a mixed race Londoner so whats the real issue here. is this what we have become? to be outraged by any and everything?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Are you really this inept? Don't tell me you default to the "you must be white" just because I deflated your warped opinion. It's not my fault you aren't doing the research. You can keep clinging to tired platitudes or learn how to use google.
First of all your trying to go against a fact by saying that black characters being a hero is common. Your the inept one here.

Simply naming WIll Smill and Denzel movies to which they tried to change this standard enforced by whites doesnt change that fact, because they werent able to sway white film and game makers from doing it nor were they able to make enough movies where a black person is a good guy to where it becomes commom.

As for your post I am simply wondering if your white.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
how is making the voice actress black any better? when the character herself is mixed.

that's like saying, hey adults shouldn't voice kids, like how that old ass woman voices bart

or fat people shouldn't voice skinny people

the woman sounds like a mixed race Londoner so whats the real issue here. is this what we have become? to be outraged by any and everything?
Well I personally am not bothered by it. In a fair and equal world it wouldn't matter at all. In the world we live in where non-white actors have been historically discriminated against, I think it would have been great for a respected developer to go out of their way and get a non-white actor seeing how they modeled the character after one.

You said the on screen character is mixed so a black person would be wrong to play the roll, so I asked why is a white person right? Shouldn't the actor be mixed then?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
You are the one cherry picking.

White people mad as fukk at the idea of idris being bond.

Djomon basically made a career off being a slave.

And none of them get nearly the amount of rolls their white colleges get.

Here we go a list of action movies from the last year

2015 Action Movies

How many of these have a non-white person in a lead roll?

Not very many, and the ones that do the person is almost always part of a group or a duo with a white actor. Movies with a non-white person as the solitary hero are few and far between.

-Roger Moore and and a Writer didn't like the choice of Elba being Bond, the fans actually love the idea, but keep cherry picking.

So besides cherry picking what you find convenient to support your opinion, its really just moot, since plenty of black actors exists, even more so, Top tier black actors have been dominating for a while...or are we going to ignore the giant that was Sidney Poitier? You cherry picking action movies wherein black leads starred in is exactly the behavior I was talking about. You can't see passed your own frame of belligerency.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
First of all your trying to go against a fact by saying that black characters being a hero is common. Your the inept one here.

Simply naming WIll Smill and Denzel movies to which they tried to change this standard enforced by whites doesnt change that fact, because they werent able to sway white film and game makers from doing it nor were they able to make enough movies where a black person is a good guy to where it becomes commom.

"Simply" naming two blockbuster a-list black stars? Maybe you should've thought a little before rapidly responding, alliteration aside, If I name more would it matter? I didn't know there was a reference limit to make a point. Should we go with the rule of three or five? It's just silly at this point.

As for your post I am simply wondering if your white.

Assume I'm an amorphous blob of objectivity.

Blackout

Daps
"Simply" naming two blockbuster a-list black stars? Maybe you should've thought a little before rapidly responding, alliteration aside, If I name more would it matter? I didn't know there was a reference limit to make a point. Should would go with the rule of three or five? It's just silly at this point.
Them being A list doesnt detract from the fact that they are exceptions and arent the norm.

A few scraps doesnt count as a whole meal. :dead:

Assume I'm an amorphous blob of objectivity.
So your white

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Them being A list doesnt detract from the fact that they are exceptions and arent the norm.

A few scraps doesnt count as a whole meal. :dead:

The "norm" is; good actors get paid a lot of money. There are bad white actors and bad black ones. Your point? Because at this point its just ridiculous with all this cherry picking.

So your white

You can't be this inept...:snoop:

Blackout

Daps
The "norm" is; good actors get paid a lot of money. There are bad white actors and bad black ones. Your point? Because at this point its just ridiculous with all this cherry picking.
There are good black actors who could be put in movies instead of having barely any. :rudy:

You def are white lol

Blackout

Daps
And they are, not only that..wait...they even get major lead roles....do the research.
Not even close to the amount of white stars.

Shows have a handful of black characters.

What is this baiting? If your white then say it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
-Roger Moore and and a Writer didn't like the choice of Elba being Bond, the fans actually love the idea, but keep cherry picking.

So besides cherry picking what you find convenient to support your opinion, its really just moot, since plenty of black actors exists, even more so, Top tier black actors have been dominating for a while...or are we going to ignore the giant that was Sidney Poitier? You cherry picking action movies wherein black leads starred in is exactly the behavior I was talking about. You can't see passed your own frame of belligerency.
Don't realize your privilege brehs:francis:

It's acknowledged by people all over the industry

Why It Should Bother Everyone That The Oscars Are So White

But the coli's own Killagraphy says it doesn't exist and it's faulty logic.

One of those black men who has been given a lead roll talks about it.

'Top Five' Filmmaker Chris Rock Pens Blistering Essay on Hollywood's Race Problem: "It's a White Industry"

Is he lying too? What about the scores of other actors black and white that have talked about this? They lying?

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Not even close to the amount of white stars.

Shows have a handful of black characters.

Quantity is not a scale for quality. But again that isn't the original point now is it?

What is this baiting? If your white then say it.

Well at lease you tried again, it wasn't harder, but hey, you tried.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Don't realize your privilege brehs:francis:

It's acknowledged by people all over the industry

Why It Should Bother Everyone That The Oscars Are So White

But the folks own Killagraphy says it doesn't exist and it's faulty logic.

One of those black men who has been given a lead roll talks about it.

'Top Five' Filmmaker Chris Rock Pens Blistering Essay on Hollywood's Race Problem: "It's a White Industry"

Is he lying too? What about the scores of other actors black and white that have talked about this? They lying?

It being a "white industry" isn't the point I'm addressing, in fact I grant you that it is (would be ridiculous to deny that). However in this day and age, Good, black actors are abundant in both film and television.

Blackout

Daps
Quantity is not a scale for quality. But again that isn't the original point now is it?
As if you have definite proof that white actors naturally act better than black ones so thats why tere arent much black actors in roles then Id agree but if you cant then cut the bullshyt lol.

You racist whites are always lying

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
They look different to me. Only think thats tricking people is the hair.

Anyway, all fake controversy is souring the reveal of this character, who i thought was pretty dope.