[confirmed] Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom is Nintendo’s first 70 dollar game

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
When are they going to up the system to industry standard to warrant the price increase tho? Until then, they are outta pocket.
Are you suggesting to the level of the PS5 and XSX? That's absurd :mjlol:

The switch isn't going to be that and neither is it's successor. It's still a hybrid handheld. If the successor because slightly worse then a PS4 Pro that would be a giant jump.

Also performance aint the only thing that dictates a game. Who cares about performance if the game is garbage. There is more variables to whether a game is worth it or not.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Explain this memorable OST. Cuz I beat the game front to back and did shyt ton of the hidden content and dlc stuff and I swear to god, I can only remember like 4 pieces of music in the game and only 1 of those would I say would be on some god tier memorable tip (Hyrule Castle). Everything is super background noise at best. Only other tracks I truly remember are the "music" that plays when you riding a horse, which essentially sounds like elevator music and when you fought those troll level mid-bosses out in the wild, with the blarring ass horns that's not as memorable for the right reasons as you seem to be giving this ost's credit for. And then is the fairy's music, which is great.

I've only seen like maybe 2 other fukkers on this site praise BOTW's OST to such levels, mostly for how many tracks there are. I'm just not seeing it or rather, not hearing it. It's background filler noise more often than not. Way too many other current games with better soundtracks, easily.
I completely understand where you’re coming from because I was also annoyed at what I assumed was laziness on Nintendo’s part. I’m not even gonna argue with you about it because I also didn’t realize how low key dope the music was until I saw some music majors talk about it on another site.

So basically, unlike the other Zeldas, BOTW has music from a lot of the other Zelda games even from Zelda 1 and I’m not talking about the main theme you hear from riding the horse. They took these themes and remixed them into songs in certain areas of the game. If you’re not exploring enough you’re not gonna hear it. So for example, Death Mountain’s theme came from Dungeon 9 in Zelda 1. The village with the birds has the same theme from Dragon Roost island in Windwaker mixed in the track. There’s other songs they have playing BACKWARDS and STILL sound good, that’s cot damn genius. But the reason you don’t notice it is because the main theme of BOTW is melancholy and desolation. All Link’s friends are dead. He can’t remember shyt. There’s ruins everywhere because Calamity Ganon and the corrupted Guardians destroyed and murdered most of Hyrule.

Anyway my favorite tracks are the battle music, divine beasts in particular, boss musics, hyrule castle, rito village, the village by the sea with all the black people cause im also Carribean and theres another song i don’t know the name of it spent like 30 min looking for that shyt i give up, the trailer music, main theme and last and not least, my fav from the DLC, Maz Koshia

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I completely understand where you’re coming from because I was also annoyed at what I assumed was laziness on Nintendo’s part. I’m not even gonna argue with you about it because I also didn’t realize how low key dope the music was until I saw some music majors talk about it on another site.

So basically, unlike the other Zeldas, BOTW has music from a lot of the other Zelda games even from Zelda 1 and I’m not talking about the main theme you hear from riding the horse. They took these themes and remixed them into songs in certain areas of the game. If you’re not exploring enough you’re not gonna hear it. So for example, Death Mountain’s theme came from Dungeon 9 in Zelda 1. The village with the birds has the same theme from Dragon Roost island in Windwaker mixed in the track. There’s other songs they have playing BACKWARDS and STILL sound good, that’s cot damn genius. But the reason you don’t notice it is because the main theme of BOTW is melancholy and desolation. All Link’s friends are dead. He can’t remember shyt. There’s ruins everywhere because Calamity Ganon and the corrupted Guardians destroyed and murdered most of Hyrule.

Anyway my favorite tracks are the battle music, divine beasts in particular, boss musics, hyrule castle, rito village, the village by the sea with all the black people cause im also Carribean and theres another song i don’t know the name of it spent like 30 min looking for that shyt i give up, the trailer music, main theme and last and not least, my fav from the DLC, Maz Koshia

Imma have to find my post in the BOTW thread with all my favorites. The ambient sound mostly takes over when you’re away from settlements, and I fw those subtle notes, but I fw the torn themes heavy. Idk one I don’t like. Definitely one of my favorite OSTs, by the simple fact I don’t usually make it a point to even listen to OSTs separately.

s@n

All Star
Daps
Nah, ain’t no way. My spot up here will have it for 45 at some point this spring/summer. I can wait