[confirmed] Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom is Nintendo’s first 70 dollar game

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Zelda BOTW was worth $70 to me. I'm still copping day 1.
You could tell from the trailers alone BOTW was a system seller. I only bought a Switch to play Zelda. So the Day 1 cop on March 2017: $399 + $59 = $458 + some tax resulted in around 1000 hours of blissful gameplay.

This is one of the few games where just 1 second of the very first trailer had me sold from the jump.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because it's running on old hardware, and judging by the looks of it, the same engine and all that shyt. I'm sure the reused assets will be uber prevalant here, but glossed over by the stans.
That's a good point. I'm guessing you feel the same about these cross platform games like horizon and gow rag that are 70 dollars on PS5 that are using the same engine and assests as the PS4 versions just upscaled.

:jbhmm:

+ no accessibility features, no pc version, no graphical or performance settings, limited voice acting, no actual new hardware features, etc.

Mad titty was complaining about sonys upgrade ‘tax’ because it didn’t include anything new and he’s sitting here justifying why somethign that released on the Wii U now deserves to be 10 more dollars

You Sony Stan's were buying a game for 60 then paying 10 dollars for the next generation "upgrade" then paying 70 dollars a year later for the same game with ACTUAL next generation features. :mjlol:

This is a whole new Zelda game entry, coming out 6 years later, on Nintendo's "next-gen system", at current market prices that your lord and savior playstation cemented as the industry standard price point and you want to act like it's a big deal or a rip off. :comeon: like you said breath of the wild is technically a Wii u title so this title is officially the switch debute Zelda game that is develop exclusively for the switch.

This game wouldn't be 70 bucks and neither would MS 1st party games if Sony had not shown the industry that it can charge $70 for cross-platform games as long it's a Triple A 1st party titles.

And that is what it is.

So no I wasn't mad about paying $70 for gow rag which was a cross platform game. A game built for the PS4...

Why would I complain or be mad about a Zelda game that isn't cross platform that is built for the switch and is charging the industry standard price?

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Problem with paying games based off tech is that you have good looking games like cyberpunk that plays like shyt. Some of these developers pull magic out of old tech. Breath of the Wild was doing some shyt that current gen games weren't doing at the time, with their physics system.

I don't think it justifies $10 increase though.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, im not sure why we’re assuming this only applies to zelda. The idea of nintendo increasing prices in general with no new hardware is absurd.

Who’s paying 70 dollars for pikmin 4?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Problem with paying games based off tech is that you have good looking games like cyberpunk that plays like shyt. Some of these developers pull magic out of old tech. Breath of the Wild was doing some shyt that current gen games weren't doing at the time, with their physics system.

I don't think it justifies $10 increase though.
I used to wonder why Nintendo stopped trying to compete in graphics until after I spent a long time playing Breath of the Wild.

The extra money and time that PS5/PC/XSX developers spend on graphics is spent elsewhere like the physics system just as you said. There’s not a game out right now, 6 years later fukking with BOTW physics system. Not even the copycats like Genshin Impact is fukking with BOTW’s physics system.

And the music is top-notch and very memorable. They spent more effort in the music than most popular games do. The OST for BotW is huge and doesn’t even include the music from some of the trailers.

It’s a combination of Zelda’s physics system, sound and freedom of play that has saved many players lives from suicide and depression. When a game is such a masterpiece that it’s literally saving people’s lives, then all of its haters sound like they worship Satan and going straight to Hell.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Paying $70 for a game will likely run at 900p and 30 fps (with dips) is asking a lot, even if this game will likely be a GOTY contender.
Who cares? The obsession over technical shyt really fukked up gaming. Console gamers never really care about that shyt back in the day.

Nintendo stay getting away with murder

This is just a rumor. We don't know how much the game will cost.

they have a monopoly on the console handheld market (and let's not get it twisted, the Switch is primarily a handheld).

The Switch is a hybrid console. Just because you don't like it, and because it has less power than its competitors, doesn't mean you can just reinterpret facts and call it whatever you want.

this shyt ain't even NEXT GEN :dead:
Most of the "next-gen" games don't even look next gen :francis:

"Next-gen" is so cool.

Forspoken-awkward-magic.jpg

Also, im not sure why we’re assuming this only applies to zelda. The idea of nintendo increasing prices in general with no new hardware is absurd.

If the $70 price tag rumor is true then it will probably correlate with an iterative Switch upgrade (kinda like the expansion pak for N64) Probably not though....

It’s a combination of Zelda’s physics system, sound and freedom of play that has saved many players lives from suicide and depression. When a game is such a masterpiece that it’s literally saving people’s lives, then all of its haters sound like they worship Satan and going straight to Hell.

ForthrightGentleFruitbat-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a good point. I'm guessing you feel the same about these cross platform games like horizon and gow rag that are 70 dollars on PS5 that are using the same engine and assests as the PS4 versions just upscaled.

:jbhmm:

You Sony Stan's were buying a game for 60 then paying 10 dollars for the next generation "upgrade" then paying 70 dollars a year later for the same game with ACTUAL next generation features. :mjlol:

This is a whole new Zelda game entry, coming out 6 years later, on Nintendo's "next-gen system", at current market prices that your lord and savior playstation cemented as the industry standard price point and you want to act like it's a big deal or a rip off. :comeon: like you said breath of the wild is technically a Wii u title so this title is officially the switch debute Zelda game that is develop exclusively for the switch.

This game wouldn't be 70 bucks and neither would MS 1st party games if Sony had not shown the industry that it can charge $70 for cross-platform games as long it's a Triple A 1st party titles.

And that is what it is.

So no I wasn't mad about paying $70 for gow rag which was a cross platform game. A game built for the PS4...

Why would I complain or be mad about a Zelda game that isn't cross platform that is built for the switch and is charging the industry standard price?
You weren't mad about GOWR because you didn't pay $70 to play it on PS4, the "iNdUsTry StAndArD pRiCE!". Current gen games are $70, not last gen games. Switch is last gen and to boot is old as hell. If Sony raised the price of PS4 games you'd have a point.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Same people who pay 60 for sackboy
Nintendo stay getting away with murder because they have a monopoly on the console handheld market (and let's not get it twisted, the Switch is primarily a handheld).
The switch is a console

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You weren't mad about GOWR because you didn't pay $70 to play it on PS4, the "iNdUsTry StAndArD pRiCE!". Current gen games are $70, not last gen games. Switch is last gen and to boot is old as hell. If Sony raised the price of PS4 games you'd have a point.
I paid 70 to play a upscaled version of a last generation game breh breh.