[confirmed] Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom is Nintendo’s first 70 dollar game

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Id buy it even if it was $99. I know I’m getting my moneys worth. I paid $99 for special edition of COD:MW2 and for a game i have many hours on I know I’ll have many hours on Zelda too. I like what I like.

The replay value of certain games is insane!!!

Y’all got too many games on y’all to-play list, collecting dust, you wouldn’t understand. You’re spoiled and desensitized to the true value and worth of a Masterpiece.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is this relevant?

I would for a nes, snes, sega or game
because Nintendo charging next gen tax for old gen software. $70 switch games are like paying $70 for PS4/XB1 version of games but even worse since the Switch is technically inferior to even those consoles.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I have no dog in this fight but just out of curiosity...given that most people here who played BOTW spend upwards of 80-100+ hours playing the game, is a $10 increase in price that big of a deal? It's definitely worth it from a time perspective and I'd imagine there will be DLC or some type of expansion again too.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I have no dog in this fight but just out of curiosity...given that most people here who played BOTW spend upwards of 80-100+ hours playing the game, is a $10 increase in price that big of a deal? It's definitely worth it from a time perspective and I'd imagine there will be DLC or some type of expansion again too.

Paying $70 for a game will likely run at 900p and 30 fps (with dips) is asking a lot, even if this game will likely be a GOTY contender.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Tbh it all started with their console wars when Sony made their games $70. I am assuming they are looking at this from a hardware perspective. Personally I don't agree with it since all I care about is quality of the games. Games like BOTW and Xenoblade have me poured in 100+ hrs each and well worth my time.

At the same time Metroid Dread was well worth my money and that is prob the best game on the switch outside of BOTW imo. Even with it being a short game and people here were complaining about it being $60 when it was released.

I do hope the expansion is better this time around tho. I'm not expecting Witcher 3 or Xenoblade 2 type of expansion pass but I kinda felt underwhelmed by the last one.