CONFIRMED: KD has Achilles Injury (GM FAKE crying like a bytch)

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All you're doing is speculating and giving your own opinion. Just like everyone else trying to claim this. You have no proof of this.

Listen 2 broussard he basically reiterates what i said. The warriors purposely misled us about his injury

perk said the same thing

Also when the injury happened alot of peoole thought it was the achilies and not the calf considering when the injury occured his reaction 2 it

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
You right breh, I have no evidence that you would've called him soft. I believe the vast majority of people would have.

And I dont even necessarily disagree with you..

I just think truthfully...somewhere along the line somebody failed him......I dont see Durant as the spiteful type but his own doctors that he selected deserve more scrutiny in this

All in all KD will still get his money so its not a monetary thing....

Just by the way I dont think the Warriors doctors did anything that other teams wouldnt have....Sports Orgs are by nature predatory ventures.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
missing entire next season...confirmed :wow:

edit: wrong link; public apologies

Golden State Warriors superstar Kevin Durant is expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season after undergoing surgery for a ruptured right Achilles tendon, reports ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

The two-time NBA Finals MVP and 2014 regular-season MVP revealed the severity of his injury in an Instagram post Wednesday, two days after getting hurt during the Warriors’ Game 5 win over the Toronto Raptors. It was his first game in more than a month after being sidelined with a right calf strain.

Despite the news, Wojnarowski cited league sources indicating that the Brooklyn Nets and the New York Knicks remain interested in signing soon-to-be free agents Durant and Kyrie Irving into max salary slots.

Last edited:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Jay Williams on ESPN this morning placed the blame squarely on the Warriors and Joe Lacob specifically for misdiagnosing the injury and also for lying to the media all week long saying that KD could be ready to play at any time even tho they new Game 5 or 6 was the earliest he could be cleared. Setting up a scenario for KD to be criticized if he didn't play.

Yesterday people were taking Jay Williams word that KD and the Warriors were completely on the same page, but the tone is different now...

Jay William's is cool with KD so this is probably inside info. Warriors looking funny in the light, owners pushing opposing players, playing a nikka with a broken collar bone, pressing a nikka with an Achilles injury to play.

:sas2:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
would have popped next season...

an achiles injury will feel like a calf strain too.. even a heel pain.. but in the end.. the achiles was dead before it popped.

This is what I believe, if it was already a weak Achilles it was going to rupture regardless. If not now then in the summer when he worked out or played pickup ball. But I'm no doctor obviously it's just what makes sense to me

well.. from what i once read.. everytime you injure it.. it dies a bit and the blood flow to it is poor so auto repair is hard a fukk..

add to that your a world class athlete......over 30...

almost inevitable..

I wonder if this is true and if this was part of the advice KD got as part of the medical clearance. It would make more sense to me about why he would want to play (aside from the competitive, down for your teammates, playing for a championship shyt) if he knew that his Achilles is definitely going to tear at some point. But then that makes me wonder why more professional athletes don’t have the same injury. And it again calls into question what the team has said because they’ve painted a picture that the Achilles injury is separate and unrelated to the calf injury.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Jay William's is cool with KD so this is probably inside info. Warriors looking funny in the light, owners pushing opposing players, playing a nikka with a broken collar bone, pressing a nikka with an Achilles injury to play.

Dudes are playing hurt that wouldn't be playing if it was the regular season :manny:no different than T.O playing in the superbowl with a broken leg.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
no doctor can guarantee there won't be further injury on an already injured area.

they probably said the "possibility" of further injury on his calf muscle was x% or was low. that may have also come with a set of caveats. which makes me VERY skeptical about the no minutes restriction. that makes no sense at all.

that also makes me wonder if they even considered the achilles, or if that was an area they weren't asked to evaluate.

either way none of us have the actual MRI, doctor's notes, etc to speculate on what type of clearance he had. that said, you don't have to be a doctor to realize he most likely shouldn't have been out there. jalen rose said he saw kd out there a few days before the game and it didn't look good. then this happens. all of the backlash as to why they cleared him to play is warranted. it just doesn't seem like they used an abundance of caution.

and we can't blame kd himself because he would be out there with a cast on his foot if they would let him. athletes are known to put their love for their sport over their health in a lot of cases. not kd's fault at all imo.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I just heard Perk on NBA Radio saying Looney got second opinions from three other doctors and they all said he could play with it. The team doctors are the ones who said he was done.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
opt in or leave?

Does any team out there still max him after this?

If I were him I would opt in and just sit out till the playoffs next year. Plus gsw would get like 9 mil in cap due to the injury so they could sign acouple bench pieces.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I just heard Perk on NBA Radio saying Looney got second opinions from three other doctors and they all said he could play with it. The team doctors are the ones who said he was done.
But the coli told me the Warriors and their doctors are evil. Yet they shut Looney down even tho he could help and only cleared him because outside doctors gave the okay.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
If the reports say teams are willing to max him even with the injury, you take that money. What are the benefits of him opting in?