CONFIRMED: KD has Achilles Injury (GM FAKE crying like a bytch)

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

they rushed out KD for our entertainment :ohoword:
source.gif

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Kawhi is on a team that won 58 games last season and was one of the winningest teams in the East over the past 5 seasons whose biggest competition moved out of the conference. A team that won about 75% of the games they played without him this season. Let’s not act like these dudes are bums.

At any given time on the court he’s surrounded by at least 3 capable shooters and since they got Gasol they’re one of the best and deepest frontcourts in the NBA. Of course going from Derozan to a guy like him is an upgrade but he’s not doing anything that any other player of his caliber couldn’t in the same situation.

And he’s going against a Warriors team that is missing the player they sacrificed their depth for. Like I said, without durant Toronto is the deeper and better team so they should be winning.
Can only agree with part of this.
Toronto are not full bums, but outside of Kawhi ,Danny Green (who is scared of big moments), and Serge.. nobody on their team has experience playing this deep in the playoffs.
That means a LOT, and shouldn't be overlooked.

At least 5 Warriors have been there for the entire championship and finals run...and they play significant minutes.
Golden State would seem to be the better team. If you were listing the best players in the finals.....coming into the first game...you'd list more warriors players in the top ten than raptors.

You're also downplaying what Kawhi means to the team also...."he's not doing anything that a player of his caliber couldn't do"? REALLY...?
name the current nba players of his caliber who you think could take that team and put them over the top.

Kawhi is a steady, fundamentally sound, versatile superstar two way player who blended seamlessly into a contending team (with no other superstar)and brought them to the finals.............................nothing to sneeze at. In fact, if you can name another instance of it ever happening, I'd like to know.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tore mine completely on May 2, 2018 playing basketball.

I have good insurance, so I went to the foot doctor and he told me to see his surgeon or I'll never walk normally again.

However, the younger foot doctor who worked for him, waited for him to leave the room and whispered to me to get a 2nd opinion. The MRI showed a complete tear (however, the tendon did not roll back into my calf, not sure why, but my calves are pretty phukin brolic. the Tendon just sorta hung around, disconnected by about a half an inch)

Anyway, I called the surgeon three times and the surgeon never returned my call. Which was a major red flag, what if I had gotten the surgery and complications arose and he's unreachable?

So, I started doing independent research, read peer review publications from the medical community on Achilles treatments. Read a recent study that claimed early mobility as soon as possible is much more effective than putting your foot in a giant boot.

According to the study, when you immobilize the entire foot, healthy muscles and tendons which weren't affected become atrophied, increasing your risk for further injury.

Long story short, I watched a lot of videos on people who went the non-surgical route SUCESSFULLY and also read a bunch of studies comparing the success rate of those between surgical and non-surgical. And the results stunned me!

Mind you, in the US an Achilles surgery is considered successful simply by measuring whether or not the attachment was successful.

The success numbers speak nothing to post-op complications, like staph infections, which affect around 1 in 5 Achilles surgery patients (a 20% chance of infection, since the area is considered avascular - no blood supply - and the skin flap covering the achilles is so thin that it can get infected after surgery) . And staph infections often time requires you being hooked up to an IV for months!!!! I was like phuk that!

I limped my ass to work and to recreational activities for the entire months of May, June, July, August, the limp started to slowly go away around September (2018). Also, there was NO PAIN other than when I actually tore it and a little the next day. Weird.

Countries like Denmark have achieved a lot of success going the non-surgical route.

Anyway, I did a full jog last weekend (since I just made a year since the injury), I have also sprinted. No problems. Haven't tested in with basketball yet though.

But here's the thing....the ankle where I tore the tendon, now feels ridiculously thick and strong and the Achilles on my uninjured ankle feels very weak and once in a blue, sore...maybe cuz I overcompensated. In any event, I'm shocked at how my torn Achilles now feels, which is strong.

The human body is amazing and far too often in this country, doctors just wanna cut you up.

Breh, anyone that completely tears their tendon and is a high level athlete is should get it surgically repaired.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Can only agree with part of this.
Toronto are not full bums, but outside of Kawhi ,Danny Green (who is scared of big moments), and Serge.. nobody on their team has experience playing this deep in the playoffs.
That means a LOT, and shouldn't be overlooked.

At least 5 Warriors have been there for the entire championship and finals run...and they play significant minutes.
Golden State would seem to be the better team. If you were listing the best players in the finals.....coming into the first game...you'd list more warriors players in the top ten than raptors.

You're also downplaying what Kawhi means to the team also...."he's not doing anything that a player of his caliber couldn't do"? REALLY...?
name the current nba players of his caliber who you think could take that team and put them over the top.

Kawhi is a steady, fundamentally sound, versatile superstar two way player who blended seamlessly into a contending team (with no other superstar)and brought them to the finals.............................nothing to sneeze at. In fact, if you can name another instance of it ever happening, I'd like to know.
goddamn somebody gets it

next to lebron beating the 73 win warriors... I have never seen a one man army just willing his team like this man... Every series he's faced stacked teams... Every series he's the best offensive AND by far the best defensive player in the entire series... Every fukking time yo.... This is amazing.. actually bron bron had two other all stars on his squad that year too... but fukk it... beating that warriors team was no joke...

yes yes... y'all gonna name a million series and players... but remember... name the main star, was he best on offense and defense... then name their teammates... were they better than the current raps? no and yes