CONFIRMED: KD has Achilles Injury (GM FAKE crying like a bytch)

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And if it came back bad whats the point of holding the bad news?

Some of yall nikkas stupid

:russ:
Bro, it’s going to be very bad news. They’re clearly getting a second opinion and also trying to figure out how they will break the news cuz people are going to be outraged when the news is finally released. KD should have never been on that court.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
We owe Kevin Durant a lot more respect than to say that he did this because other people pressured him. He’s a grown man who by all accounts loves basketball enough for this.

Now if the Warriors fed him false information that led him to believe that he could play then you could kill them for that and they deserve everything that’s coming to them. Should they have just shut him down? You could say that now that we have access to the results of their decision but in the moment, it’s the finals and dude wants to go. Apparently he has his own medical team

Kawhi is on a team that won 58 games last season and was one of the winningest teams in the East over the past 5 seasons whose biggest competition moved out of the conference. A team that won about 75% of the games they played without him this season. Let’s not act like these dudes are bums.

At any given time on the court he’s surrounded by at least 3 capable shooters and since they got Gasol they’re one of the best and deepest frontcourts in the NBA. Of course going from Derozan to a guy like him is an upgrade but he’s not doing anything that any other player of his caliber couldn’t in the same situation.

And he’s going against a Warriors team that is missing the player they sacrificed their depth for. Like I said, without durant Toronto is the deeper and better team so they should be winning.
I can see your point in a lot of things. Although I just see kawhi’s workload to be a lot harder than anything KD been through at GS. KD had these same type of surroundings in OKC. That’s to me when he was proving the most. When you have the least or less than, and it’s all on you to be the breadwinner. Again. Without KD, warriors would have had 30 some milly in cap. There was their bench. So I can’t look at KD and say they need him cause they have no bench. When if they didn’t have him, they’d be a strong team with 3 gods AND another starter AND a bench.

As for my general point. I’m NOT saying anybody tapped KD on the shoulder and said play or else.

I’m saying KD is sensitive. He’s always been. He’s always responded. I cannot see a way that the world talking bad about him for 30 days, wouldn’t get him in his feelings. Wouldn’t make him rush to play. Wouldn’t be a factor in why he was out there.

Of course it was. Was it the only one? Hell no. But again. According to people who spoke with him before game 5, all that talking was bothering him and he wanted to shut people up

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So armchair coli doctors, if the initial injury was the Achilles and wasn't the calf, would it have healed on it's own? Do Achilles injuries heal on their own?

Tore mine completely on May 2, 2018 playing basketball.

I have good insurance, so I went to the foot doctor and he told me to see his surgeon or I'll never walk normally again.

However, the younger foot doctor who worked for him, waited for him to leave the room and whispered to me to get a 2nd opinion. The MRI showed a complete tear (however, the tendon did not roll back into my calf, not sure why, but my calves are pretty phukin brolic. the Tendon just sorta hung around, disconnected by about a half an inch)

Anyway, I called the surgeon three times and the surgeon never returned my call. Which was a major red flag, what if I had gotten the surgery and complications arose and he's unreachable?

So, I started doing independent research, read peer review publications from the medical community on Achilles treatments. Read a recent study that claimed early mobility as soon as possible is much more effective than putting your foot in a giant boot.

According to the study, when you immobilize the entire foot, healthy muscles and tendons which weren't affected become atrophied, increasing your risk for further injury.

Long story short, I watched a lot of videos on people who went the non-surgical route SUCESSFULLY and also read a bunch of studies comparing the success rate of those between surgical and non-surgical. And the results stunned me!

Mind you, in the US an Achilles surgery is considered successful simply by measuring whether or not the attachment was successful.

The success numbers speak nothing to post-op complications, like staph infections, which affect around 1 in 5 Achilles surgery patients (a 20% chance of infection, since the area is considered avascular - no blood supply - and the skin flap covering the achilles is so thin that it can get infected after surgery) . And staph infections often time requires you being hooked up to an IV for months!!!! I was like phuk that!

I limped my ass to work and to recreational activities for the entire months of May, June, July, August, the limp started to slowly go away around September (2018). Also, there was NO PAIN other than when I actually tore it and a little the next day. Weird.

Countries like Denmark have achieved a lot of success going the non-surgical route.

Anyway, I did a full jog last weekend (since I just made a year since the injury), I have also sprinted. No problems. Haven't tested in with basketball yet though.

But here's the thing....the ankle where I tore the tendon, now feels ridiculously thick and strong and the Achilles on my uninjured ankle feels very weak and once in a blue, sore...maybe cuz I overcompensated. In any event, I'm shocked at how my torn Achilles now feels, which is strong.

The human body is amazing and far too often in this country, doctors just wanna cut you up.

Last edited:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Bro, it’s going to be very bad news. They’re clearly getting a second opinion and also trying to figure out how they will break the news cuz people are going to be outraged when the news is finally released. KD should have never been on that court.

Go read my post in the thread. I said I could be wrong.

Can yall nikkas read? Better yet comprehend?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Y’all making a lot of assumptions based on “sources”. Y’all trying to make it seem like Durant is some naive bytch that can be pressured into doing ANYTHING. :russ:

Maybe they asked him to come back early, maybe he wanted to come back early. Nobody knows.

The only thing we know is he did two a days so rehab, was cleared by multiple team and non-team doctors and he and his camp don’t blame the warriors for this. The truth is, it was most likely a mutual decision.
In an era where players have more power than ever, people really believe Durant can be strong armed to play hurt?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Which is it though? His numbers were better because he wasn't playing with GS so he HAD to do more.

How can you expect his numbers to be better and then in the next breath say he's playing with a stack team. Logically, his numbers would go down on a team with several hall of fame threats.
EXACTLY!!!

That’s my point. He’s doing less while having more. And for some reason I’m supposed to judge him on that? What I’m saying is he was SHOWING he was better by doing more on a team with less.

Here’s an EXTREME example of my point. If I played at the park with my boys, you’d think I was a certain caliber of player. Let’s say a 5. Now golden state comes to the park, I hop on their team..... now all the sudden I’m looking like a 8..... I look better shooting cause I’m wide open. I look better passing when I’m hitting the goat shooters to rack up assists. I can play better d when I got klay and dray as my help men. Our plays are better, we blowing out nikkas, and I’m not scoring as much, but dammit I’m looking great

Well you damn well if you threw me back on the scrub team, where I’d be. And I don’t say KD is some bum. He was fukking amazing on OKC. He’s amazing now. What I’m saying is you are not PROVING you are the BEST by frontrunning with 5 all stars. I’m gonna wait till I see you face some double and triple teams again

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
So armchair coli doctors, if the initial injury was the Achilles and wasn't the calf, would it have healed on it's own? Do Achilles injuries heal on their own?
What Is the ACL?

With a full name of "anterior cruciate ligament," the ACL is one of the four main ligaments of the knee. Like all ligaments, it is a tough band of tissue that connects two bones in an effort to stabilize and coordinate motion at a joint.

Specifically, the ACL connects the bottom, flat end of the femur—or thigh bone—to the top, flat end of the tibia, or shin bone. By doing so, it prevents the tibia from slipping forward relative to the femur, thus helping keep the upper and lower legs in one line.

Additionally, the ACL helps the tibia resist internal rotation—or being twisted toward the body's midline.

Without an intact ACL, walking becomes extremely difficult after a tear—not to mention sprinting and cutting. The knee feels unstable, and motions that cause internal rotation of the tibia—such as changing directions or planting—can cause the knee to collapse under a player's own weight.

What Causes ACL Injury?

As mentioned, a ligament's job is to resist certain types of movements. However, if an outside hit overwhelms a ligament's ability to deter one of those movements, an injury occurs.

In the case of the ACL, any motion or hit that forces the lower leg to sharply twist inward or move forward can cause an ACL rupture. A common example is during the motion of planting on one foot to twist, turn and change directions.

More famous than non-contact ACL injuries—though less frequent—are those involving contact. A particularly memorable example is the hit that ended Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's 2011 season.

As seen in the video, Peterson sustained a hit to the back-outside portion of his knee just as he planted his leg. In such a scenario, the planted leg cannot give way, and the knee takes the full force of the blow, twisting inward and moving forward in the process. If the hit is strong enough—as it was in this case—the ACL cannot keep up and tears.

How Do Doctors Diagnose an ACL Tear?

When an ACL tears, players often report hearing or feeling a "pop" in the knee. Severe pain immediately follows, and significant knee swelling is not far behind.

A number of physical exam maneuvers can also suggest an ACL injury. For example, the "anterior drawer" test—where an examiner pulls forward on the tibia—is quick and simple to perform. If an examiner can move the tibia significantly forward relative to the femur—one of the motions an intact ACL prevents—an injury is more likely.

All of that said, doctors usually employ magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to confirm a tear. Imaging is one of the most accurate ways to diagnose the injury.

Why Does an ACL Tear Usually Result in Season-Ending Surgery?

In general, ligaments do not heal well on their own—at least relative to other tissues in the body. For instance, the body heals a cut on the skin much quicker than a tear in a knee ligament.

Even worse, completely torn ACLs generally do not heal at all. In fact, reconstructive surgery actually involves replacing the ligament altogether. To do so, surgeons remove a piece of muscle tendon from elsewhere in the patient's body—called a "graft"—and use it to serve as a new ACL.

Usually, the graft comes from a patient's patellar tendon—the part of the knee a doctor hits with a reflex hammer. It can also be taken from the hamstring.

Following surgery, an athlete will work with physical therapists to slowly regain strength and range of motion as the body cements the new ACL into place. Through a fascinating process called ligamentization, the healing process transforms the graft into tissue more closely resembling a native ligament.

The entire rehab process usually takes between nine to 12 months or more in most athletes.

Did Bryan Bulaga Really Practice Through a Torn ACL?

Believe it or not, according to McGinn, he probably did. It wasn't until after practice that Bulaga reported "a problem in one of his knees."

Weird, right?

Actually, maybe not.

If Bulaga suffered a partially torn ACL—rather than a completely torn one—it is possible his knee retained enough stability to carry him through the remainder of the Packers scrimmage before swelling up and making the injury known.

Why Aren't There More Cases Like Bulaga Discovering His Injury After the Fact?

There exist at least two possible answers to this question.

First, the ACL is the weakest of the four knee ligaments. According to Medscape, the tensile strength of an average ACL is 2160 newtons—about half the strength of the medial collateral ligament (MCL), for example.

While players frequently suffer partial tears of the MCL, the relative weakness of the ACL allows for much less leeway during an injury-inducing event. In other words, the ACL is more likely to be injured in an all-or-nothing fashion.

The second possibility is that cases like Bulaga's actually do occur more frequently than the public knows, but the public only hears of a "torn ACL" because the endpoint is the same: surgery.

What's the reason for the common endpoint?

If a player suffers a partial tear, and the tear is significant enough to produce knee instability, reconstructive surgery is often necessary regardless of how much of the ligament is torn. After all, when it comes to elite-level athletes, any instability is too much.

Why Do Players Get a Second Opinion?

In cases where an athlete has a known ACL injury but feels his or her knee remains satisfactorily stable, it is theoretically reasonable to forgo reconstructive surgery in favor of conservative treatment. Presumably, Bulaga wanted to make sure such an option was entirely off the table before going under the knife and resigning himself to the aforementioned nine-to-12-month rehab.

Can Athletes Really Play with a Partially Torn ACL? Should They?

The answer to the first question is a definite yes. The answer to the second question is not as clear.

As long as a knee is stable and strong enough to meet the demands of the NFL—while remaining an effective player, of course—athletes can play on a partial tear. The other muscles and ligaments in the knee can support the joint, and they are all likely in prime shape in NFL players.

Nevertheless, attempting to play carries risks.

First, injured ligaments are weaker ligaments, and as such, an injured ACL is less able to resist the forward motion or internal rotation that likely caused the injury in the first place. Protective braces may provide some additional support, but nothing can replace a native, healthy ligament.

Additionally, the four main ligaments of the knee work in tandem with the muscles of the leg to support the athlete. Playing on an injured ACL, however, effectively removes part of its protection from the equation. As a result, the other three ligaments and muscles must work harder to pick up the slack, placing them at higher risk of injury in their own right.

It is possible this exact scenario transpired just last year, as many speculate Robert Griffin III's possibly still-ailing lateral collateral ligament (LCL) contributed to the eventual ACL tear and complete LCL tear that he sustained in the playoffs.