Concord (PS5/PC, 2024, Firewalk) (August 23rd, 2024) (Open Beta July 18-21)

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Is the gameplay bad or people just don’t like how the characters look?
Gameplay is fine, nothing out of the ordinary. People just don't like the characters or the gameplay style which isn't really innovative, and then there is also a faction of fans who just root for failure anytime Sony wants to do multiplayer. There was similar push by those ppl with Helldivers 2 but ultimately the style and marketing around that game won over, also they had a dedicated base from the previous game.

Feel bad for the devs if they did work on something for 8 years but you have to know the audience even if they don't like your characters for wrong reasons. That is the industry you are in.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Gameplay is fine, nothing out of the ordinary. People just don't like the characters or the gameplay style which isn't really innovative, and then there is also a faction of fans who just root for failure anytime Sony wants to do multiplayer. There was similar push by those ppl with Helldivers 2 but ultimately the style and marketing around that game won over, also they had a dedicated base from the previous game.

Feel bad for the devs if they did work on something for 8 years but you have to know the audience even if they don't like your characters for wrong reasons. That is the industry you are in.
8 years is absolutely insane for an Overwatch clone.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Let’s be real this game was gonna fail regardless of its art style, character design, or racist cacs. Could a better art style and stronger character design help. Yes but only so much especially for a hero shooter. In 2024 that literally no one was asking for.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ORuwKem.png

Jesus.
This is the biggest flop of a MP game I've ever seen in my life.

I'm curious though what's the numbers on PS5? It seems like matchmaking finds people instantly like seconds.

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
This was never going to do well on steam. PC market is very tough. PS5 seems to be ok. I’m hearing half the lobbies are console players and mm isn’t too bad.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played a few matches last night and the one thing I don't like is the very high TTK. A clear headshot with Vale's sniper feels like it should pretty much be a TKO but it doesn't. Feels inconsistent at times. It's a bit too high imo.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I played a few matches last night and the one thing I don't like is the very high TTK. A clear headshot with Vale's sniper feels like it should pretty much be a TKO but it doesn't. Feels inconsistent at times. It's a bit too high imo.

The balancing and role queuing sucks to me. There are only two tanks/anchors, two healers, and a million wack flankers. The sniper does no damage while the one floating bytch just blinds everyone and one shots.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
You do a good deal of damage team shooting which makes you have to run in a pack but it should be more intertwined abilities between characters.

There is some like Haymar can light Dameers lava bombs but there should way more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do a good deal of damage team shooting which makes you have to run in a pack but it should be more intertwined abilities between characters.

There is some like Haymar can light Dameers lava bombs but there should way more.
Hmm, The game doesn't really explain this much so people tend to just play it like any old 5v5 shooter.

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yeah Concord presentation is cheeks. Like they should of had in game video guides.