Competitive spirit in the nba is dead and will never comeback since 90percent of the draft class are mixed brites from well off families

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Competitive spirit is dying because the NBA is ran by pussies who get scared at a aggressive black men.
Thats another aspect. The turning point for me was when Melo smacked up Marty Collins and Tony Kornheiser was had that shytty Stint on MNF said that the fight represented a downturn in society. :childplease: melo lost sponsorship deals that 8 years prior Barkley was loved for.

Yet dumb ass NBA fans blame the players for having to survive in this environment. Another reason why I hate NBA fans.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Competitive spirit is dying because the NBA is ran by pussies who get scared at a aggressive black men.

Same sort of softness hits the NFL as well.

These old cacs do not want to see any aggression from young black men
Might sound extreme, but I agree. Hockey is the only sport where aggression is applauded.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He’s in the top one percent financially in this country. Much like these athlete kids. My son goes to school with some of these athletes kids. It’s harder to get them to have a sense of urgency when they have so much.. Consider how myself my other half grew up, we at times have ro calm ourselves down because we know he didn’t have our life
Can imagine. That’s tough.

Flip side though is the networking when they get older. Hell even now.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Keep denyin the truth

That “aggressive” nature of the game is gone

Bill Laimbeer was famously one of the most "aggressive" players of all time, yet he was a white kid from the suburbs whose dad was a multimillionaire company president.

Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are famous for their drive on both ends, and yet both came from comfortable families and went to nice schools.

On the other hand, I know plenty of kids from the hood who never made it to the NBA because they LACKED that drive. Not saying there's not a lot of other reasons kids from poor backgrounds don't make it (less opportunity, less attention, worse nutrition, more distractions and stress), but to automatically assume that kids from the hood are more "aggressive" or have "greater drive" just doesn't line up with reality. Steph Curry grew up rich, was there any point in his career where Steph lacked drive?

This whole thread reeks of racial stereotypes.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
even the kids from the hood get picked off by a prep team by like 12-13 or sign to OTE and make hundreds of thousands. the days of kids coming to the league from poverty is over regardless of whether their parents are well off or not.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I normally wouldnt cosign colorism for any reason. But in this instance the ABUNDANCE of mulattos is telling a story. These kids are a product of black and white cohabitating in suburban environments nationwide,more than ever now.

Suburban kids have always had an advantage making it to the NBA. There's just more black (and mixed) kids in the suburbs now than there used to be, so we see it even more obviously than before. Especially when you're talking about the sons of well-off black athletes.

Other than that, what point are you even making? Do you think Steph is more driven than Wiggins because of his color? Is Ayton's lack of drive because of his color? Is Anthony Davis more driven to perform on a nightly basis than Jokic, or is Zion extra "aggressive" because he's dark? Switching sports for a moment, CMC is a rich melanin-deficient son of a famous pro athlete, does he lack drive on the field?

Y'all are just randomly cherry-picking players that fit your stereotype and ignoring the ones that don't. There is zero correlation between skin color and aggression.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think the NBA became a job just how rap became a job and dudes aren't doing either to become the best but just to get a paycheck and it shows in the quality of the sport.

It's always been a job, breh. And if you think players were trying any harder in the 60s-70s-80s than they are today, you haven't watched enough regular season game film.

In terms of "playing hard for 48/82", the peak of the sport was from the mid-1990s up to the mid-2010s. If anything, it was those early 2010s teams who were the absolute peak of playing hard on both ends every minute of the game (those Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Pacers, Spurs squads who did not let up). Until then, effort - especially defensive effort - had pretty much increased in every decade of the sport, cause it was an arms race - you could only play lax on defense as long as other teams were playing lax on defense, once one team ramped up the effort than the ones who didn't increase in effort got left behind.

We have seen a partial drop-off in effort since the mid-2010s, but that's due to two reasons that are directly related to the game. One, injuries became such a massive part of the sport that coaches and players just had to let up or they'd never make it to the postseason. And two, the spreading of the floor with the increased emphasis on the three-ball just made the modern sport impossible to guard all-out for 48 minutes without running yourself into the ground.

It's usually possible to explain trends with real factors rather than convenient narratives.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Bill Laimbeer was famously one of the most "aggressive" players of all time, yet he was a white kid from the suburbs whose dad was a multimillionaire company president.

Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are famous for their drive on both ends, and yet both came from comfortable families and went to nice schools.

On the other hand, I know plenty of kids from the hood who never made it to the NBA because they LACKED that drive. Not saying there's not a lot of other reasons kids from poor backgrounds don't make it (less opportunity, less attention, worse nutrition, more distractions and stress), but to automatically assume that kids from the hood are more "aggressive" or have "greater drive" just doesn't line up with reality. Steph Curry grew up rich, was there any point in his career where Steph lacked drive?

This whole thread reeks of racial stereotypes.
it's foolishness

it's our own cultures fetishizing ignorance

coming from money allows single minded focus

it allows better development

it takes more than aggression

it takes proper preparation to be cutthroat & that takes $$$$$$$$$$