Companies aren't even pretending like they don't only want to hire white people now

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
covert v overt-
you go through the whole 4 stage interview process as a formality - "thank you for your time" and they tag you with the "did not meet the qualifications of the position" or "weak fit for the corporate culture".
That's what I'm saying. At least they're not making us lose our time by being this upfront. Maybe if they all did this black businesses would have no other choice but to flourish.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
But then you'll be in another thread complaining about how the legal field is stacked against you because you're (supposedly) black :mjlol:.
it is. :what::gucci:why do people like you, who have no connection to the legal industry or experience in it, always comment on shyt that you don't know about.
after awhile the slick comments look stupid bc racism plays a part in all careers and job opportunities; law is a known for being primarily white network based upward mobility.
It's common knowledge that white people pay their way into the "elite" schools or receive certain looks bc of family connections and it's more often than not - who you know over what you know.
my firm just had a meeting about diversity issues and initiatives in the past week - this was acknowledged, when you have the global chairs of various firms and legal media sources admitting to that - there's a problem.
Out of a 50 partner class - there have only been 3 blacks in the past 2 yrs, if you're going the biglaw route.
There are legal jobs available, but your def not starting at the same rank and level as the white counterparts regardless of the legal options.
Govt- pay structure is not the same until you get the seniority - so for some, non standard ways of using your degree become more prevalent.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I prefer this type of racism, instead of companies gaslighting us and making us feel like it is something we did in the interviewwhen its just good ol racism.

You know this is illegal, right? :whistle:

So you prefer open racism when they have the power to openly dscriminate against blacks and to do whatever they want.....but you call that "power" and something something that Trump would do......

But you want to be a lawyer to help black people, right?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
nah. this type is better. you wouldnt want to work for an employer that on that bullshyt anyway.
time saved for everyone
I'm not giving them a pass just because they honestly hate me. You will never hear me say "he's racist, but at least .... (enter juelz here)....

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
nah. this type is better. you wouldnt want to work for an employer that on that bullshyt anyway.
time saved for everyone

But isnt that illegal? Even if they are open about racism, they should get in legal trouble and be sued to death for this alone.....but people are too soft on racism in the age of Trump

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
But isnt that illegal? Even if they are open about racism, they should get in legal trouble and be sued to death for this alone.....but people are too soft on racism in the age of Trump
again...the consequences will hopefully be there. if it isnt out in the open how can it be found and punishhed?