Comcast may roll out data caps for all customers within 5 yrs, thinks cord-cutters should pay more

All Star
Daps
These companies cap the fukk out of bandwidth as is, data was the next logical step. My beef is the prices we pay for shytty speeds. Then they got the nerve to throttle your shyt. :aicmon:

The problem is that many cities have 10-15 year contracts with Comcast & TWC that prevent Google Fiber from penetrating into these neighborhoods.

:damn::noah::pacspit:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I forgot to mention, I'm on cox (n/h)

Went to their forums and one of the employees was being a dikk about the whole situation. Cox will enforce hard caps, eventually.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I forgot to mention, I'm on cox (n/h)

Went to their forums and one of the employees was being a dikk about the whole situation. Cox will enforce hard caps, eventually.
they all will. they have to make up the money for cord cutters somewhere so they'll get it off data caps and overages.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them Muthafukkas planned this shyt perfectly. ..it won't affect casual users, making it hard for cats like us to get everyone on boat to protest. We will probably need a bit of misinformation to win this war

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yeah cause these companies dont make enough money as is :duck:
industries have to keep themselves alive somehow. Its like cell phone companies they used to hammer people on overages for minutes. then it went to text messages. tech evolved and people quit talking on phones and texting less due to stuff like Facebook and Twitter so now they cap your data and get their money off that.

you think you're gonna be smart and cord cut to save money but all that really does is drive your profitability to a different area. your data usage explodes to compensate for no longer watching cable and that makes you prime target to be charged for your irregular data usage because normal customers aren't using excessive data amounts.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Lol @ people thinking Google's gonna save them.

The market/demand for Google Fiber had been here for years, they didn't need this. Yet they continue to expand at a snail's pace. Probably because it's not fiscally viable on a large scale.
IT IS THE COST OF INFRASTRUCTURE. JUST ROLLING OUT IN DETROIT WOULD COST CLOSE TO A BILL. GOOGLE IS TRYING TO GET LOYAL GOVERNMENT TO TAKE A LOT OF THAT HIT.

BRINGING FIBER TO THE HOUSE IS VERY EXPENSIVE. IF YOU LOOK AT ALL THE CITIES THAT HAVE THE SERVICE YOU WILL NOTICE THEY HAVE ALL HAD MAJOR DEVELOPMENT IN THE LAST 10 YEARS. NEW DEVELOPERS ARE MAKING PLANS WITH FIBER IN MIND NOW. ALL THE PROSPECT CITIES ARE TARGETS FOR NEW DEVELOPMENT. WATCH THE GAME UNFOLD.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Since I work for Comcast I won't say nothing...just here to observe :WhatevaNikka:
If you work for Comcast then you know how the machine works. This is a very big machine. Content providers, service providers maintenance of fiber networks. Somebody has to pay to keep all this going. These services are luxuries not necessities and so they come at a premium. Everybody wants to save a buck but nobody wants to be the one living in the area where you can only get dial-up because nothing else is there.