Combat Core (Created by Black game developer and Coli member MABManZ) (PC, Switch)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Got a bunch of tracking/analytics for my Kickstarter and Website to see where traffic is coming from.

You guys looked like a fun bunch so figured I'd pop in and show some love

Ummm what's your offer? I might be looking for work if this thing fails, lol :feedme:

Oh, you from Maryland too duke? What part and how old are you? How long you be coding for?

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I also think the title having to say "black coli member" is dumb. Y'all should be proud a coli member in general is making a good looking game like this, especially Power Stone fans.

Well, first off, dude wasn't a coli member at the time of the thread posting. He somehow came across the site and joined due to seeing where traffic for his game came from. 2ndly, @Responsible Allen Iverson is pretty much the resident black empowerment in gaming ambassador poster on this board, as he always gives the heads up to black people doing things within the industry (not his sole or outright focal posting point, but he does this, which is commendable anywayz), so I can see why he made the thread titled as it was and its subsequent changing. Lastly, while one side of things, I can see how you may feel like it shouldn't be a factor of mention in the grande scheme of things (hell, race shouldn't matter in the majority of things, if the world was perfect, but it ain't ya dig), but considering how under and misrepresented we (blacks) are within this industry (and a multitude of others, obviously), it's very well SHOULD be mentioned and brought attention to when things like this are happening, as it's a part of the solution, not part of the problem, for sure.

Also, even though some criticisms may have been stated, all in all among reading the thread, even from @PS4, (sans some of his sideways shenanigans and off-based comment was mostly absent of DESTRUCTIVE criticism rather than just bashing the dude. Some of the same folks critiquing were still giving some praise, positive acknowledge or even potentially considering donating to the fund.

Question for you. Are you black?

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Donated $80 to this.

:salute: Good luck bruh @MABManZ. Always down to support another up and coming game developer. It's a hobby of mine and a lil similar to what I do at my current job. I hope I get deeper into it in the future.

MABManZ

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Sorry haven't kept up w/ the thread last few days, I was out of the house most of the weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who has donated or is helping to get the word out :blessed:

Oh, you from Maryland too duke? What part and how old are you? How long you be coding for?

Currently in Waldorf, MD. Don't really have a number on that I been coding small stuff since middle school, however most of Combat Core is "coded" using a visual scripting editor called Playmaker, which isn't really coding at all :ehh:

@TryObsidian? There is a only a basic story (Futuristic Arena Fighting League) right now, it's not something that is high on the priority list. We did have a stretch goals at $45k for character-themed stages and $100k for a fully voiced story mode.

I don't usually toot a horn about being black, I'd rather my work speak for me - but I'm always open to discussion of race/representation and don't try to shy from it because it is important. As stated, most of the discussion in the thread has been respectful and relevant.