Colombia is not enjoyable smh...outside of the women

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Of course it's different when you live there fam. I did do all the excursions. I went to the beaches, got a boat, went to a private island.

I've been to over 40 countries.. Tourist zone and out in the wilderness. 1 of them has to be the worst for begging. Cartagena, Colombia was it. And I'm not talking panhandling, or street vendors, or even a nikka hustling. I'm talking straight up, hands out, touch you, please give me money begging. I've never even discussed this aspect to rate another country in my life. It was that bad.

Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about :russ:
I didn't experience that when I was there in December. Now when I was in Havana, Cuba back in May 2022, I experienced that A LOT.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Dress like a local and people will think you’re one.

Also you’ll be a less likely target

No amount of “dressing like a local” is gonna work.. they still gonna spot you from a mile away.

What you can do though is not dress flashy so you don’t scream “I’m a lick” to everyone else.. that’s when they hit you with them Gringo XL prices and the ski masks come out.

Just act normal and be respectful to people. Colombians are generally welcoming people, and you can have some really great experiences that other people don’t get to have if you show a little interest in their culture.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
If you don't like to dance, or explore you're probably not gonna have fun in Colombia...most LatAm countries tbh.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
all them south america countries are shyt... Europe is infinitely better... I mean the western part is at least
Yeah, but then you're just another person out there, without the great-tasting South American food to eat.

Like some other people said, the best thing to do is level up in America.

Everyone wants the cheat code, but the cheat code means there's going to be compromises for the best results and quality of life.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: sza

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
OP, you need to just get with the program and battle one of those dudes that come up to you freestyling with their little stereos.

Bar them niccas up!!!!