Collider Movie Talk Thread (R.I.P. Jon Schnepp)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i don't understand how something like this hasn't succeeded. i guess it has on other channels, but a PTI style show about the entertainment industry seemed like a slam dunk mainstay idea. i guess not, b/c those shows never did numbers. Always thought Collider did it best too.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Roxy will also be on Kristian's channel tomorrow and all the Screenjunkies are shytting on Collider right now (Twitter).

This is dumb as fukk.

I wouldn't throw stones from a glass house if I was them. SJ almost died when Andy Signore got accused of sexual harassment, if not for Fandom Entertainment they'd be done too.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Interesting development.

I stopped watching maybe 6 months ago... and only really watched because back then i had an hour commute to work and needed something to listen to while on the highway, so movie talk was nice bc it was daily. I watched Heroes every now and then until ol buddy died. Never really cared for the nerd girl and gay guy. Nor that black girl who knew far less about comics than she let on.

So the cac commedian bounced a while back just to focus on his stand up?

To be honest, i only started watching the show because they were talking about black panther infinity war every fukking day during 2018, and i was on a super hero high in need of a fix. But after things finally subsided... i didn't really care enough about movies day to day like that to want to hear them talk.

Same with the screen junkie guys. Hell, a 2-man crew like Double Toasted was giving me more entertainment with probably half the production budget.

So i'm not surprised collider had to downsize their content. Hell, i imagine screen junkies keeps their lights on through them honest trailer joints that have millions of views

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
We missed our calling not having a TheColi movie/tv talk youtube channel.

The beef of Marvel/DC stans back in 2015/16:wow:
The Star Wars debates :wow:

ADOS roles/films :wow:

Movie industry fukkery :wow:

:mjcry:

The coli has the personalities for a primetime (no pun) youtube channel better than anything currently out there... but it's just a matter of whether all of the colorful msg board personalities in this bytch can transfer to audio/video personalties.

For example @wire28 working for Disney and the water cooler/boardroom meeting stories he says are comedic gold... but how to transfer that energy to a platform where there's mics and cameras on?

These nyggas in the coliesum nicknamed Kyrie Irving to MyKneeHurting for fukks sake, they got the 2d personalities down pat.. but to take it to 3D :ohlawd: ship probably done sailed :francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The coli has the personalities for a primetime (no pun) youtube channel better than anything currently out there... but it's just a matter of whether all of the colorful msg board personalities in this bytch can transfer to audio/video personalties.

For example @wire28 working for Disney and the water cooler/boardroom meeting stories he says are comedic gold... but how to transfer that energy to a platform where there's mics and cameras on?

These nyggas in the coliesum nicknamed Kyrie Irving to MyKneeHurting for fukks sake, they got the 2d personalities down pat.. but to take it to 3D :ohlawd: ship probably done sailed :francis:
I said the same thing about the Black Panther thread. A couple brehs really could have came up (probably would have been invited to all that schmoedown shyt and other channels) if they took their Black Panther knowledge/debate and put it in a channel. From 2016 to 2019....yea that shyt would have been gold for the people who really know the shyt. A whole lot of people wanting to learn more or watch debates about it.

Coli had the content all along...just didn't record it :wow:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Humor like that is specific to this format. How would funny screen names translate to video?