college majors you threw in the bushes

La Heffer Paris

...Oooo La La Hilton...
Daps
why don't we just admit that WE ALL SUCK AT MATH....

thanks to the american educational system....

all the engineers at my job are either Asian or African.........

uncle sam has raised a nation of idiots

Yeah, I was kind of taken aback at the amount of STEM majors listed in the thread.

No doubt about it, unfortunately, STEM interest really doesn't get pushed at a young age for our Black youth like it does with White and Asian youth; not for sure about Latino youth though.

With that being said, some people, no matter their race, are honestly not cut out for STEM majors and/or have no genuine interest in them and that's okay.

All though I'm a STEM major, I'm still a big supporter of the liberal arts.

However, I just think when it comes to the liberal arts, you gotta know what you are getting yourself into and prepare yourself post-college for the working world in this economy even moreso than STEM majors.

semtex

:)
Daps
Yeah, I was kind of taken aback at the amount of STEM majors listed in the thread.

No doubt about it, unfortunately, STEM interest really doesn't get pushed at a young age for our Black youth like it does with White and Asian youth; not for sure about Latino youth though.

With that being said, some people, no matter their race, are honestly not cut out for STEM majors and/or have no genuine interest in them and that's okay.

All though I'm a STEM major, I'm still a big supporter of the liberal arts.

However, I just think when it comes to the liberal arts, you gotta know what you are getting yourself into and prepare yourself post-college for the working world in this economy even moreso than STEM majors.
White people arent good at math either. They cheat their asses off lol

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Journalism -- This was my first choice, but I learned how they treat new graduates as far as jobs go (having them work for six months for shyt pay until the next batch of graduates comes along) and said fukk it.

English -- I was actually fairly decent at writing, and one of my instructions suggested it to me, but being a Liberal Arts major is a walking joke unless you're going to law school, and I ain't built for that shyt :no:

Film -- Thought about it, but fine arts is not better than liberal arts.

Computer Science -- I took AP computer science in high school, but once I took my first college class I was like :wtf::childplease::no:

It's all right, though. I'll be :eat: off my STEM degree soon. :yes:

I hope. :sadbron:

semtex

Daps
I'm tryin to step my linear algebra game up though. We actually have to know that shyt :why:

Avion

The Man in the Mask
Daps
Reppin
The Carolinas
I was on course for poli sci at first; planned to go to law school. The subjects interest me, and I have the skillset for it, but I just decided that life isn't for me (especially after interning at a law firm for a while)

Now I have my mind set on an English major. Luckily, at the school I go to we don't have to declare our major until the second semester of sophomore year

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
I was a communications major for one semester..I wanted to be a news anchor...threw it in the bushes once I spoke with a local news woman and she told me how much traveling was involved, the pay and how hard was for women of Color to break through..switched over to healthcare administration and never looked back.

ManMade

Another Black Hero
Daps
Reppin
East of Atlanta
Architectural Engineering- passed differential equations but physics had me :sadcam:

Now im Construction Management which I shoulda just started with in the first place
Im :win: now though this is where the money is at in construction industry

JetsNJays

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
finance degree tossed in the bushes...how you gonna guarentee me
a 401k when your stocks are flabby and sick :scusthov:

whole finance sector is a mess, holding on and scheming till the dust settles

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps

The finance as an industry is contracting but young people just entering can still gain a valuable skill set that's transferrable to roles in other industries.

With that said, people in high finance will always be able to :eat: well, it's just a lot more competitive now and not as lucrative as it was 5-6 years ago.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
Man a young nikka wanted to do Computer Science, but I feel like an IT major would be
so much easier and applicable to my interests :noah:
that math shyt irritates me, I took a year off since HS so idk if i can jump back into
calculus and shyt.

Either way Im takin up a minor in Economics, need that business edge.

semtex

Daps

Finance majors have to take some nasty ass math too. Linear algebra and I think differential equations also.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why don't we just admit that WE ALL SUCK AT MATH....

thanks to the american educational system....

all the engineers at my job are either Asian or African.........

uncle sam has raised a nation of idiots

I'm good at math and I actually like it but the time you have to put in for an Engineering degree can be overwhelming. Especially if you're on some "I just want to fukking graduate"

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

Yeah the finance world is crazy right now..I work for one of the major banks in corporate and public finance, So a nicca is doing pretty well..but I'm keeping my eyes open to be able to jump ship if that time comes..Definitely looking to go to Coca-Cola corporate and :eat:..Just need about 1 more year of experience under my belt.

La Heffer Paris

...Oooo La La Hilton...
Daps
White people arent good at math either. They cheat their asses off lol

Fo' sho'!

Especially at them private schools.

I know some private schools up in the NYC area where kids from Upper East Side were pulling some made shots at cheating on the S.A.T.

I be like, "Damn, why didn't I be that scheming in school? :ohhh: My ass could've done better! :heh:"

:bryan: :sadbron: :wow: