college majors you threw in the bushes

concise

Veteran
Daps
We all know that not everyone knows what they want to do went they first step foot on a college campus, and wind up switching majors a bit. What majors did you change or reconsider?

Psychology/Religion - First intended double major. Reconsidered this after the first professors and department people were all crazy :merchant::skip:s. All out of their minds. None of them were approachable and were all out of their minds. Philosophy professor mentions absolutely nothing but his college days and how GPAs are overrated? Eastern Religions professor who can't remember any of his lessons or finish the train of the thought he just had? :wtf: Determined early that that wasn't going to work.

English/Comparative Literature - Which is probably where I belonged. But as we all know, that stuff is not valued (writing, reasoning, etc.) in our society, except among politicians, marketers, and the like.:to: Market forces made me give that up.

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
Computer Science with a Math minor. Did that shyt for a year and hated every last minute of it. Was only doing it because my cousin graduated on that same track and made crazy $$ right outta school. Ended up getting a BS in Poli Sci years later.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Computer and eventually Electrical Engineering. Probably the biggest mistake of my life but I was just concerned with making money and going part-time for any Engineering degree is possible, but...

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Economics.

Had a teacher for micro whose sole purpose was to weed out people from the major instead of actually teaching, who once during lecture boasted that he loved failing students.

So he would spend lectures rambling, writing incoherent notes on an overhead projector, telling stupid anecdotes about his travels to Asia and South America and went out of his way to choose the most incomprehensible textbook ever, which was a textbook that was divided into smaller textbooks, that he barely referenced, and of course didn't test on, even if you could gain some useful information from the textbook.

If I ever see that dude I'm throwing hands at him.

Plus the econ department at my school was fukkin useless. Every single recitation was taught by some asian breh who didn't know English.

It was like they wanted you to fail :snoop: so I got out of that before it fukked my gpa for good.

Last edited:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
Civil Engineering and then CIT, shouldve stuck with Civil Engineering but the math was
nope.gif

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Computer Operations...i don't know what the fukk i was thinking getting into that..i had no PASSION WHATSOEVER for that....hated the math classes i had to take....but enjoyed the BYATCHES that outnumbered me in each class :drool:

i'm more of a social sciences type of guy...

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Accounting. That shyt is so boring. fukkin busywork.

I'm a software engineering major bytch. Get at me.

as an accounting student thats a good look breh. I be seeing JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley job applications on my schools site for Computer Engineering/ Science students and I'm very envious. Especially cause they dont recruit for my school for Investment Banking positions anymore. Good luck breh.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Political Science :heh:

fukk I look like being a black man trying to be a politician in the United States of AmericKKKa

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Computer Science (Freshman Year)

I struggled so much with that shyt especially with the math courses that came with it. I also couldn't hang with the programming. It was interesting but too much for me. Decided to get out during 2nd semester but still had to finish the year out. My crazy ass hit the lowest of lows and resorted to cheating (did that shyt for weeks) just to get through. The computer science professor found out after exams so I failed anyway. lol I'm extremely lucky I didn't get kicked out of school for that shyt or it would've been :rip: after dealing with my mom. :laugh:
I flirted with IT as a major (officially undecided) my sophomore year. By the end of my junior year I finally settled with Electronic Media as a major with IT the minor. I enjoyed Electronic Media especially working with TV/camera equipment but that was only senior year so I didn't get as much experience as jobs would like. I'd probably be working in TV if I had chose that sooner. :snoop:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On the flip side I wish I would have gotten into Chemistry and/or Biology just to eventually to do some research work. The grant money for research is never ending, plus at the time my college provided Internship programs with Johns Hopkins.

semtex

:)
Daps
Computer Science (Freshman Year)

I struggled so much with that shyt especially with the math courses that came with it. I also couldn't hang with the programming. It was interesting but too much for me. Decided to get out during 2nd semester but still had to finish the year out. My crazy ass hit the lowest of lows and resorted to cheating (did that shyt for weeks) just to get through. The computer science professor found out after exams so I failed anyway. lol I'm extremely lucky I didn't get kicked out of school for that shyt or it would've been :rip: after dealing with my mom. :laugh:
I flirted with IT as a major (officially undecided) my sophomore year. By the end of my junior year I finally settled with Electronic Media as a major with IT the minor. I enjoyed Electronic Media especially working with TV/camera equipment but that was only senior year so I didn't get as much experience as jobs would like. I'd probably be working in TV if I had chose that sooner. :snoop:
I had a tough time at first also. Grabbed that shyt by the throat and said "you will not defeat me!" and programming is second nature to me now.