Collateral Beauty Flops(Career Low For Will Smith)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:stopitslime:Y'all nikkas bugging talking about he ain't put out a hot movie in years....

:stopitslime:What about Concussion?

:wow::wow:That movie is so fukking dope.
another ehhhhhh..... then you look into it and most the movie was hollywood bullshyt that never even happened in real life

I am legend was gr8...

that was 9 years ago breh

nobody is saying he suddenly became a bad actor.. he's still great to me in his roles..

the problem is all the sudden he went from picking all the best roles and movies, to picking a bunchof bullshyt movies that nobody wants to see anymore

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The Pursuit Of Happyness
yup you're absolutely right on that one... i think i shed a tear on that one and i was still a wild younging at the time... still 10 damn years ago

will used to have an actual formula on how he would pick films... now it's like he's saying i made my money... now i need my oscar

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
You already know. Will's been on these dudes shytlists for years now. Then he made AFTER EARTH and really got them mad (shout to @Ziggiy )

He hasn't always made the right moves or dopest movies but I get a lot of :mjpls:
vibes when I look at how they react to him.

Johnny Depp's been in way more flops and is dollar for dollar the worst actor to bank on but he gets way more passes than Will.

I'm always like :dwillhuh:at how this guy continues to get work. This dude probably loses more money for the production company than any current actor I can think of. Is it because he's the only one willing to dress up in all of that weird shyt for these busted fantasy movies?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

No excuses, this was definitely a miss for Will but it's a Drama how much were people really expecting? Plus the release date was beyond terrible. Opening against any "Star Wars" film is basically Box Office Suicide. Let's take a look at Will's Dramas:

"Where the Day Takes You" (Independent film didn't do much)

"Six Degrees of Separation" (Critically Acclaimed but only did 6 Million at the Box Office)

"The Legend of Bagger Vance" (Bad Reviews, Flopped, 30 Million off 80 Million Budget)

"Ali" (Critically Acclaimed, Under performed, 87 Worldwide off 100 Million budget)

"Pursuit of Happyness" (Critically Acclaimed, Box Office Smash)

"7 Pounds" (Mixed Reviews, 168 Worldwide off 55 Million budget)

"Concussion" (Mixed Reviews, 50 Million off 35 Budget)

Will in Dramatic Roles have always been low box office for his overall career. People don't want to see Will in "Depressing" Situations for some reason. Collateral Beauty" had about a 36 Million Budget, 50 Million if you include marking. So 7 Million isn't going to cut it but it should get about over 20 Million domestic. So it's not a huge flop by no means. The budget was kept in check. This is a Holiday season movie just not up against Star Wars. Look Will can't win with some of you. He finally doing more Drama and it's (Oh he's not selling anymore), mind you he's coming off one of the biggest hits of his career with "Suicide Squad". Will needs to continue taking Dramatic roles, everything doesn't need to be Sci-Fi Action Blockbuster. I haven't seen the film yet, I'm hearing mixed things but I will see for myself. "Concussion" was good and it didn't perform because the NFL tired to stop it's message. With all that said, "Bad Boys For Life" BETTER BE NEXT Will.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I mean..... what y'all call a flop..... I see this as a movie that was gonna do what it did no matter what.

Cats in here love to hate on the comic book or action genre but that's what's really running the industry.

If you open a movie in +3,000 theaters it's expected to bring in a lot more than 7 million, breh.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Will Smith has had a tremendous career, but is it really egregious to think that he is on the downside of his career or that he has seen his best days? I mean Eddie Murphy was untouchable in my eyes for so long, but the Eddie I loved is long gone and probably never going to return.

The truth is, Will's time to diversify his bonds was when he was on top, so now we have a situation where people don't want to see him unless he's bringing that action and witty repartee. I personally think the dude should do a comedy. Just something hella funny, but I doubt James Lassiter will advise him to do that. Overbrook feels like a company that has wasted such enormous potential to produce content.

Ah well, I'm getting off my soapbox.

Last edited: