Colin resigns from Kinda Funny Games effective immediately

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
U should read about the man. It seems like you're idea of him being "racist" is him literally calling someone a racial slur which is a weak defense imo.
And it seems your idea of racist is anybody who doesn't agree with your views.

It's pretty easy to label somebody something.

Again, I garauntee you yourself never listen to him and are just regurgitating things you read about him. Which is evident by you copy pasting the exact same thing MeachTheMonster did the post above yours.

If he's racist show me some proof. Not conjecture.

I'll gladly not support him and agree with you if I see some proof.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let's take a look at the colis response to the naughty dog thing

Controversy: Uncharted 4 black woman is voiced by a white woman

Page after page of people defending naughty dog and saying it isn't a big deal.

Guess everybody is a white racist here.

I don't see anything racist about saying you shouldn't have diversity for diversity sake but should be true to your story.

He hasn't said anywhere that we shouldn't have diversity,just that it shouldn't be forced just for the sake of it. If there is then that's fine. It shouldn't feel like pandering.

The latest ps I love you he commended guerilla games for the diversity of the cast.
You really trying to compare what I said, to what he said :stopitslime:

@Prodigal Syndicate a racist cac confirmed:scust:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And it seems your idea of racist is anybody who doesn't agree with your views.

It's pretty easy to label somebody something.

Again, I garauntee you yourself never listen to him and are just regurgitating things you read about him. Which is evident by you copy pasting the exact same thing MeachTheMonster did the post above yours.

If he's racist show me some proof. Not conjecture.

I'll gladly not support him and agree with you if I see some proof.
My idea of racist is someone who, in a society that's run by whites, and is for the advancements and maintenance by whites, defends said status quo and embellishes their approval by using smoke screen talking points .

You're asking me for proof of what's racist that he said. i asked you what do you consider racist?? I already know what you're asking. You're of the ilk I believe that if someone doesn't explicitly say something like a racial slur or blatant hateful speech then they're not racist. that's just a code for white supremacist. I really don't care if you want to support him or not but all you're showing me is your naiveness with the question "What's racist?".

Again, are you black/white? American? Canadian? European?? You skipped that part.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You really trying to compare what I said, to what he said :stopitslime:

@Prodigal Syndicate a racist cac confirmed:scust:
You guys are using an article where it references him defending naughty dog as proof of him being racist while you yourselves defended naughty dog

The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

Again,show me something he said that's racist.

I don't pretend to be an expert on him. I started listening to him a few months ago and like his views on gaming.

If you can show me he's racist I'd love to read it because it eoukd change my perception and I'd dismiss him.

That article is an obvious hit piece using half truths and filling in blanks.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A terribly written hit piece by someone that probably posts on neogaf?

You know for a guy that claims he hates neogaf you are constantly regurgitating shyt from that place.

I don't see anything damming in that article at all.

In fact,how do you know so much about him anyway? :jbhmm:

I garauntee you've probably never listened to him and are just repeating what you read over there.
I've said nothing about neogaf.

I've known who Colin is for a long time and used to watch Kinda Funny fatefully. Dudes been offering his closeted bigotry for years. This last year he's been letting it out a bit more.

His own friends felt they needed to distance themselves from him, and you are in here defending him. By this time next year he will be on whatever conservative program peddling the same shyt as the rest of those cacs.

Scust at you.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
My idea of racist is someone who, in a society that's run by whites, and is for the advancements and maintenance by whites, defends said status quo and embellishes their approval by using smoke screen talking points .

You're asking me for proof of what's racist that he said. i asked you what do you consider racist?? I already know what you're asking. You're of the ilk I believe that if someone doesn't explicitly say something like a racial slur or blatant hateful speech then they're not racist. that's just a code for white supremacist.
I'm of the ilk where I don't presume to know what every single person is in life without actually knowing them.

I've listened to a few hundred hours of his gaming podcasts and have not heard anything even remotely racist.

I don't agree with everything he says.

Like I said,I'm willing to hear this out and if you can show me the evidence I will change my stance

He's always hated the out rage culture and the attempts to silence everybody but that isn't racism.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You guys are using an article where it references him defending naughty dog as proof of him being racist while you yourselves defended naughty dog

The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

Again,show me something he said that's racist.

I don't pretend to be an expert on him. I started listening to him a few months ago and like his views on gaming.

If you can show me he's racist I'd love to read it because it eoukd change my perception and I'd dismiss him.

That article is an obvious hit piece using half truths and filling in blanks.

Play dumb to support a racist brehs :scust:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm of the ilk where I don't presume to know what every single person is in life without actually knowing them.
To be clear, because I see where you're going with this, I haven't said what he is or isn't. I'm just saying what I suspect of him as from other folks I've seen share similar views like his.
You don't have to actually know a person personally to know some things about them. The stuff people share/talk about and their company says a lot.

I've listened to a few hundred hours of his gaming podcasts and have not heard anything even remotely racist.
Again, you haven't told me what do you define as racist?? I can bet you $100 you'll never hear "******" or any other racial slur on those gaming podcasts. Again, if your idea of racist is simply racial slurs/interpersonal racism then you can confirm your idea that he's not racist.

I don't agree with everything he says.

Like I said,I'm willing to hear this out and if you can show me the evidence I will change my stance
Again, you're asking for evidence of something that's very hard to prove because the criteria/prerequisites of racism is largely different depending on who you ask.

He's always hated the out rage culture and the attempts to silence everybody but that isn't racism
I dislike outrage culture and silencing everyone since it's good to hear what people has to say but with that being said but if someone is in particular upset about certain out rage and themselves selectively blocking people who disagree with them it rings some alarms. he's been said to have block lots and lots of people on twitter who don't agree with his views and he's made tweets suggesting staunch disapproval of Colin kapernick for example.

It just seems to contradict his hatred of outrage culture. I find the term "outrage culture" funny because we know it's mostly non whites that are called SJW's. Like for example, I don't think ND was racist for their casting of the white girl for Nadine and I thought the devs response was genuine given their explanation but why would someone who's against silencing everybody have a issue, with people speaking out about it?? Again you keep dodging the question of whether you're american/black/white etc. It''ll help me understand your questioning of what's racist and what do you think it is. Racism in USA is more than "I'm ___- and I hate _____" or "death to _____".

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
To be clear, because I see where you're going with this, I haven't said what he is or isn't. I'm just saying what I suspect of him as from other folks I've seen share similar views like his.
You don't have to actually know a person personally to know some things about them. The stuff people share/talk about and their company says a lot.

Again, you haven't told me what do you define as racist?? I can bet you $100 you'll never here "******" or any other racial slur on those gaming podcasts. Again, if your idea of racist is simply racial slurs/interpersonal racism then you can confirm your idea that he's not racist.

Again, you're asking for evidence of something that's very hard to prove because the criteria/prerequisites of racism is largely different depending on who you ask.

I dislike outrage culture and silencing everyone since it's good to hear what people has to say but with that being said but if someone is in particular upset about certain out rage and themselves selectively blocking people who disagree with them it rings some alarms. he's been said to have block lots and lots of people on twitter who don't agree with his views and he's made tweets suggesting staunch disapproval of Colin kapernick for example.

It just seems to contradict his hatred of outrage culture.

I appreciate the thoughtful response :salute:

I've never sat down and defined racism for myself to be honest. And to be clear I'm not white,I'm Latino, Peruvian. And I moved to Canada when I was 6 for what it's worth. I grew up with literally people of every race and religion.

I agree the colin kaep thing IS hypocritical but in fairness there's no human being that isn't hypocritical.

Like I've said I disagree with his politics and a lot of his world views.

But I also understood where he was coming from intellectually,most of the time.

When he says diversity for diversity sake the way I've understood it is he is saying you shouldn't feel obligated or consigned to having every race and religion in your product just because. Do it because it makes sense for your story.

I've never heard him complain about diversity in games. I've heard lavish praise on guerilla and games like mafia 3 for doing it right.

I've never heard him say we'll I can't relate to this character,I've never heard him upset about someone being cast in a white role.

Now just because I haven't heard it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Like I've said,I only started listening to them a few months ago. I only started listening to their gaming stuff. I don't follow him on twitter. So there may be something I'm missing.

It's easy to label someone something. Everybody is a cac or a c00n in this forum for example.

I see a witch hunt on colin on neogaf for every single thing he says.

So sometimes it's hard to separate the truth from over reactions and faux out rage.

I'm all ears though. I have no longterm connection to him. If someone can show me the racism I'm right there with anybody hating him.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I've never sat down and defined racism for myself to be honest. And to be clear I'm not white,I'm Latino, Peruvian. And I moved to Canada when I was 6 for what it's worth. I grew up with literally people of every race and religion.

I agree the colin kaep thing IS hypocritical but in fairness there's no human being that isn't hypocritical.

When he says diversity for diversity sake the way I've understood it is he is saying you shouldn't feel obligated or consigned to having every race and religion in your product just because. Do it because it makes sense for your story.

I've never heard him complain about diversity in games. I've heard lavish praise on guerilla and games like mafia 3 for doing it right.

I've never heard him say we'll I can't relate to this character,I've never heard him upset about someone being cast in a white role.

Now just because I haven't heard it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Like I've said,I only started listening to them a few months ago. I only started listening to their gaming stuff. I don't follow him on twitter. So there may be something I'm missing.

It's easy to label someone something. Everybody is a cac or a c00n in this forum for example.

So sometimes it's hard to separate the truth from over reactions and faux out rage.

I'm all ears though. I have no longterm connection to him. If someone can show me the racism I'm right there with anybody hating him.

A Latino Canadian trying to tell black folks about racism in America:francis:

People in here are trying to tell you how it's veiled racism but you don't want to hear it. We've delt with this type of hidden racist since forever. We see it. You can't see it cause you don't have the life experience to understand.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
A Latino Canadian trying to tell black folks about racism in America:francis:

People in here are trying to tell you how it's veiled racism but you don't want to hear it. We've delt with this type of hidden racist since forever. We see it. You can't see it cause you don't have the life experience to understand.
I'm not trying to tell anybody about anything.

I asked to be shown his racism.

You just labeled me a racist cac within 5 minutes. So excuse me if I don't take your judgement to heart. Seems to me you jump to conclusions without knowing the truth.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not trying to tell anybody about anything.

I asked to be shown his racism.

You just labeled me a racist cac within 5 minutes. So excuse me if I don't take your judgement to heart. Seems to me you jump to conclusions without knowing the truth.
If it walks talks and quacks like a duck............:francis:

From my position I'm no longer waiting to be called a ****** for me to see who people are.

If you'd not only congregate with racists, but also defend them and attack those who speak out against them, you're a racist to me. No room for a middle ground in 2017. We've fallen for that before. Your Peruvian heritage doesn't preclude you from being a racist cac :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Hey hey there's white latinos :troll:

To me, I can too understand where folks like him "come from." It's somewhere I don't want to come from to be frank. They're just basically on a self preservation standpoint but that standpoint usually means black people driven out/killed/erased. Like when he seems to be ridiculing Colin for his acts yet seem to ignore the history of the act itself. Like he's unaware that the star spangled banner song is a celebration of slavery?? It's a reason the third verse isn't on the one sung at football games. So Colin was right :troll:

Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know: The National Anthem Is a Celebration of Slavery

I see where he's saying this but to me I hear it as "Don't put ____ in this because they're ____, put them in if it makes sense." The problem with that is the default slate for almost every game in this instance, starts with a white protagonist and since the dominant society at hand typically has handed out typical roles for non whites, it almost always conveniently not make "sense" to have others in the game.

Sometimes these characters aren't bothered by the occasional non white in these roles, what I'd like to see if if say for example SE made a JRPG that featured a majority black cast. Since their worlds aren't based on reality, there'd be no "it's not making sense" arguments. I'd like to see those guys react to that.

The thing with showing racism is that I find it a silly endeavor. Whites, especially in USA/EUR have long become hip to being labeled racist. They'll speak in code. They won't say "blacks" or blatant slurs. They'll just attack things that "black" people stand for and argue around it while looking "non racist" because they're not saying "racist" things.

they'll have a problem with black lives matter, they'll disagree with someone like Colin, they'll think Tariq Nasheed for example is a fool, they'll dismiss any critic of white domination and eurocentricity as social justice warriors and outrage culture but they'll never blatantly call them racial/sexist slurs. They'll even have the "my best friend is black" or some variation of that on speed dial lol.