Coli travelers: please share your experiences staying at hostels.

Daps
I stayed in a few hostels in Hawaii before. I think the ratings on Hostelworld are usually accurate. Always bring ear plugs if you expect to get any sleep.

I only booked a female dorm before but the girls who would stay in the mixed gender rooms were 100% hooking up with the male guests.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Looks very nice.

OK cool yeah some of them just look really nice but did you have a private room or did you share a room?

This hostel was so popular last summer when I traveled through Central America

Shared

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
I stayed in a hostel when I was in Sacramento. I used to see little bugs on my window sill. At the time, I didn't realize they were bed bugs. I was in a room with a lot of bunk beds. Someone's feet stunk. I met people from different countries.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
It can be worth it. I’ve stayed in one in Brazil for a few nights when I missed my flights.

Bed bugs can be a thing. Other than that, people who stay in hostels are open and friendly. Smashed a few women. Learned salsa. Had great memories.

I think you will love it.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kirk-cousins-2022-10-6-1.gif

Kirk already lit in Atlanta

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Are you bringing your own sheets? And some shower shoes?
Shower shoes are a must. Stayed at a hostel in Chicago some years back…forgot to pack some slides for the shower…:francis:

The room, kickback area, staff, other guests were all cool.

But the shared bathroom for an entire floor, specifically after everybody’s back from bar hopping, partying, drinking….:francis:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Never stayed in a hostel but I do tend to book hotels that are away from the tourist traps but still in the city. I find those hotels are better for mingling with the locals and getting a authentic experience out of the trip.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Yep, in 2012. I went to Europe for the 1st time solo for a little over 2 weeks. Stayed at Flying Pig Inn, in London , Amsterdam and Paris. At the time there was a deal where you'd get 30% off at some bar and grille that was in the same building at the hostels...met and and partied with a lot of Australians. Went hard in the paint with the drugs in Amsterdam with them. Stayed in co-ed rooms, and ended up hooking up with one of the roommates from London (she was Japanese).

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Yep, in 2012. I went to Europe for the 1st time solo for a little over 2 weeks. Stayed at Flying Pig Inn, in London , Amsterdam and Paris. At the time there was a deal where you'd get 30% off at some bar and grille that was in the same building at the hostels...met and and partied with a lot of Australians. Went hard in the paint with the drugs in Amsterdam with them. Stayed in co-ed rooms, and ended up hooking up with one of ..the roommates from London (she was Japanese).
14yrs ago :russ:

The highlight of your life.