Coli travelers: please share your experiences staying at hostels.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I stayed here when I went to Granada Spain
TOC Hostel
Looks very nice.

OK cool yeah some of them just look really nice but did you have a private room or did you share a room?

This hostel was so popular last summer when I traveled through Central America

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Did it in my early 20s, wouldn’t do it now tho.
I’ll pay for a hotel or private BnB for comfort sake

You don’t know who you could end up rooming with, could have smelly strangers sleeping next to you.
Did it for the first and last time when I was 20 and took my first trip to NYC
It was a hostel on 103 and Amsterdam, close to Douglass houses. Wonder if it's still there
It was mad hacky sack cac dread heads rockin Stussy and blasting Jamiroquai
Bunk beds full of snoring and farting savages, you know the deal

That's what hostels are for: kids who just need a place to crash and DGAF about anything else
OP gonna roll in there like

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.png

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
gotta be careful tho.. u look em up they photos immaculate...

get there look like the hotel the nerds stayed in ...hotel coral essex like a muhfukka...

dont mess wit the trim no matter how fine or bad they are... bottom of the feet dirty and the ...stinch will be on u for the duration of ya trip

b07785dc-395c-47c1-b3d9-a19a28dd7330_text.gif
OP doesn't like women anyway :yeshrug:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Because the hostels have more of a party and social vibe. I wanted to see how it is to stay at one as opposed to a normal hotel. 🏨

Looks like you're staying in a hotel room in a hostel, that place looks nice. I looked at the price, I'd be interested to know what it was really like, but something tells me you might wanna pay for a hotel.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Looks like you're staying in a hotel room in a hostel, that place looks nice. I looked at the price, I'd be interested to know what it was really like, but something tells me you might wanna pay for a hotel room
No, you’re right. I need to be comfortable. And it has to be clean.

I’m about to cancel it 🤣🤣🤣

Edit:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Honestly @Sad Bunny I think if youre going for just one night probably skip.

You wont really get the experience of connecting with the other guests because you wont be there that long.

So really its just a place to sleep and it wont be as nice as the hotels probably.

A lot of hostels have bars/cafes where the guests hang out that are open to all. You could just go there to see the vibe.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I don't know if it'd be considered a hostel, but I stayed 1 night in a "capsule hotel" in Japan. The room I was in wasn't one of the super tiny capsules, but it was basically like a little college dorm room. Shared bathroom and kitchen area on the floor and no door on the room (had a thick curtain). It wasn't too bad and was a cool experience, but I probably wouldn't do a whole trip in one.

It looked like this
img-capsule-hotel-cube-hiroshima-25.JPEG

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Honestly @Sad Bunny I think if youre going for just one night probably skip.

You wont really get the experience of connecting with the other guests because you wont be there that long.

So really its just a place to sleep and it wont be as nice as the hotels probably.

A lot of hostels have bars/cafes where the guests hang out that are open to all. You could just go there to see the vibe.
Bet. Great idea.

This one place is also doing a bar crawl that Saturday so I’ll hike in the morning and then hit that up afterwards. About to book a new place now :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I did it the summer before and after college in Europe with high school / college friends.

There are so many types. You should do your research. We wanted to drink and meet girls so we picked party hostels that hosted events and organized pub crawls.

We always picked places where we could get our own rooms / bathrooms. I refuse to bunk bed with random people.

I wouldn’t do that shyt at all now.