Coli "militants" are making a difference

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
So the YouTube comment section which was highlighted, which offers no insight and is full of trolls, is making a difference?

That sitting on your computer all day and typing comments and replying to trolls is making a difference?

:patrice:

Let's break this down historically breh. Before the printing press, you could only "debate" politics, or talk about the competency of the king in your general area. You could go to the king and express your grievances formally, maybe protest, or you could get some folks and go to war

When the printing press came along, you could pass along your thoughts to people in a much larger piece of territory. That could be replicated and read over and over again. Go on through the centuries, come into the 20th century, more democratic societies where people can vote for their leaders than ever before, but radio and TV were ways of expressing opinion. Protests and war were still ways of showing displeasure as well.

The internet is the new platform for expressing political opinions. Other platforms do exist and are still powerful, but the reach of the internet puts it on another level. That is why political trolls and shills exist, because a lot of potent commentary is on the internet. Countering that is important to get specific agendas pushed. So it may not seem like a lot, but comments are powerful. Youtube disables comments. Websites will block you. Countries are blocking comments and websites that they don't agree with. Google is trying to push information/articles that doesn't align with the establishment to the back of the search results.

:francis:

Last edited:

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
It's not the comments that are making a difference, the comments are just a reflection of the change happening in the black community.

Not long ago most youtube video comments were all racist with little to no pushback. Now u are starting to see more people wakeup and challenge these racist trolls that we've all had to put up with since the beginning of the internet. The racists still have the numbers but u are starting to see more and more push back from the real :obama:

It's the same thing that's driving a wedge into The Coli.....brothers who want a place to vent their frustrations with this racist country vs. "others" who could give a fukk about black problems theyre just here for "piff" :mjpls:

Discussion amongst ourselves about our current state is not gonna move mountains but it can be very productive in "awakening" some of us who are still stuck in the matrix.

Nah I get what your saying. Awareness is always good. I just feel you cant pat yourself on the back if no action has been taken. Like what have we really accomplished?

Feel me?

sun raw

All Star
Daps
He might have , fakkit.

Betty Friedan would have a blog , X would have a twitter , and Thomas Paine would be on facebook. The platform used would not diminish or make their work any less salient.

i'd love to have seen what cool memes malcolm x would have retweeted

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Let's break this down historically breh. Before the printing press, you could only "debate" politics, or talk about the competency of the king in your general area. You could go to the king and express your grievances formally, maybe protest, or you could get some folks and go to war

When the printing press came along, you could pass along your thoughts to people in a much larger piece of territory. That could be replicated and read over and over again. Go on through the centuries, radio and TV were ways of expressing opinion. Protests and war were still ways of showing displeasure as well.

The internet is the new platform for expressing politics. Other platforms do exist and are still powerful, but the reach of the internet puts it on another level. That is why political trolls and shills exists, because a lot of potent commentary is on the internet. Countering that is important to get specific agendas pushed. So it may not seem like a lot, but comments are powerful. Youtube disables comments. Websites will block you. Countries are blocking comments and websites that they don't agree with. Google is trying to push information that doesn't align with the establishment to the back of the search results.

So instead of getting out there in the streets, sitting on the computer is doing something.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
if malcolm x had access to the internet, he would never have to have visited mecca, he could have just watched a video about it which is an equally legitimate action

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
So instead of getting out there in the streets, sitting on the computer is doing something.

No. I'm saying it is an important tool for expressing feelings/thoughts. If digital comments weren't an issue, then countries wouldn't be trying to censor their citizens viewpoints.

Last edited:

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps

You're kidding right? You heard of Wikileaks? Arab Springs? Copblock? st0rmfr0nt? The Drudge Report?

The question isn't whether you can make a difference from your computer. The question is why you're sitting there trying to shyt on us making a difference.

What do you have against us changing black conciousness?

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is worse than crab mentality. This is cockroach mentality. It's hard to believe some of you are black.

Yes because responding to people on this video is going to make a difference.

I'll use this video as an example:

In the past I would have made serious comments and reported the video to Google for hate speech.

While there are serious responses in the comment section, most of it is racist rhetoric that no one would spout in anyone's face in real life. Wasting time responding to those clowns is laughable.

You're the same guy who advocates creating biracial children and abandoning their white mothers.

He was just using youtube comments as an example. There's been a rise in black consciousness all over the place.

And we're not concerned with fighting trolls or racists. We need to change the mentality of our brainwashed brothers and sisters. That's #1.

And it just so happens that a large part of young black peoples world view is created through social media. See the blue dress fiasco

No one takes the platforms seriously. That's why they're cesspools now. They can be tools but in there current state they are not.

Those platforms weren't created with us in mind, we need our own platforms to discuss issues. That's why The Coli can be a good place because we can discuss issues with like minded people.

There's been a rise in black consciousness because we're getting more educated. As we study history, we're seeing that not much has changed.

We're seeing that whites are as racist as ever and that having a black president has made them angry, that having a black president has destroyed the the notion that they think they are better than us.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You're kidding right? You heard of Wikileaks? Arab Springs? Copblock? st0rmfr0nt? The Drudge Report?

The question isn't whether you can make a difference from your computer. The question is why you're sitting there trying to shyt on us making a difference.

What do you have against us changing black conciousness?

First off, WikiLeaks isn't comparable to YouTube.

And I know you didn't just list the cesspool st0rmfr0nt as an example. Those bytches on st0rmfr0nt wouldn't buss a grape in a fruit fight. They ain't doing shyt but spouting nonsense.

Second, I was part of the Nation of Islam, I have no problem with trying to wake our people up.

I've been around me who have shaped my views to this day and have seen them make change and wake people up and it didn't happen on a computer.