Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
a suave and conniving gigolo takes a fall.

the-big-bluff-movie-poster-1955-1010690721.jpg

x240-iST.jpg

Big-Bluff-1955.jpg

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
the-shadow-line-first-season.25403.jpg

Really though, when it comes to crime shows, the BBC >>>>

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
1dxWpxK.jpg

Stunning imagery and some strong acting can't make up for the fact this dystopian drama-thriller about class warfare developing in a 70s futuristic skyscraper is lacking any sort of tension or suspense to make it work. The fact it's not nearly clever or funny enough to work as a satire either only causes the movie to drift aimlessly from starting point to finish line with the rare sporadic moment of ingenuity. A waste of huge potential, and yet another incredibly mediocre effort on director Ben Wheatley's filmography.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ok im watching Black Mass for the 2nd time
Is Joel Edgerton a fakkit??

Bool

Rookie
Daps
Just started season 2 of game of thrones. I have no idea who to root for. I guess I'm stuck with the dragon queen because all these other people deserve to die

u finnna be in 4 a treat.

Bool

Rookie
Daps
the-neon-demon-poster.jpg

Despite this review planting a seed (and my general aversion to Refn's films) before viewing, it was spot on -

I nearly ended up walking out halfway through because I started to get a stiff face from cringing at the smart-dumbness of it all. I don't think I'll ever force myself to watch another film of his. He's basically LvT without the genuine cac highfalutin, intellect, introspection, humor, style, originality, ability to paint the human condition and talent.

:camby:/10

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Creep

It was a found footage movie, but I like those if they're done right (i.e: don't take impossible shots or perspectives that the camera shouldn't get). This one was pretty good at creating tension. However, the videographer, Aaron, was pretty stupid. At first his actions made sense, but as the movie goes along, he starts to act and react in a way that is hard to empathize with. By the time hit goes down, it's hard to feel sorry for him. Still it was really entertaining and there are some cool freaky moments.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
1dxWpxK.jpg

Stunning imagery and some strong acting can't make up for the fact this dystopian drama-thriller about class warfare developing in a 70s futuristic skyscraper is lacking any sort of tension or suspense to make it work. The fact it's not nearly clever or funny enough to work as a satire either only causes the movie to drift aimlessly from starting point to finish line with the rare sporadic moment of ingenuity. A waste of huge potential, and yet another incredibly mediocre effort on director Ben Wheatley's filmography.
acquiring this now :sas1:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
OCrizlI.png

Great parable by Dutch-born animator Michael Dudok de Wit in coproduction with Studio Ghibli. 80 minutes without dialogue might seem like it's a drag but it never does, and consistently finds ways to keep your attention.