Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
MV5BMTQzMjM2NjM1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM1MjQyNTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

this movie was pretty god damn good, it legitimately creeped me out and scared the shyt out of me at a couple of scenes. Joel Edgerton directed and starred in it, he was creepy as shyt.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I started watching Whiplash earlier, for it to be such a well received movie I'm suprised I sat down to watch it. Most of the time I wait a long time to watch those kind of movies once the hype has died down(which is about 2-3 down the line). From what I saw I enjoyed it, JK Simmons was snapping & I was just laughing cause I kept thinking about Vern Schillinger. :heh:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The French Connection

Raw, cynical, viseral cinema. The epitome of 1970s Hollywood.

Sweet Smell of Success

I'd go so far to say this might be the GOAT screenplay. Smart, razor sharp, satirical, dark but also very funny. I like how everyone in this film other than Lancaster's sister is basically a piece of shyt. And the real NYC locations make the film a very evocative snapshot of the time period. I love this period of American cinema. It's before the movie brat explosion in the late 60s and 70s, but you feel the tide turning, with films being more explicit in how they convey sex, violence and other dark themes. It's the transitional period between classic 40s Hollywood and 70s New Hollywood.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

A Christmas classic. Shane Black :blessed: Can't wait for The Nice Guys.

Big Eyes

Tim Burton has been an embarrassment for a decade now so it's nice to see him take on a more human, grounded story. The closet comparison is definitely Ed Wood, his best film IMO(same screenwriters I believe). This is nowhere near as good and it's pretty formulaic with thin charaterisation and safe, MOR direction. But despite that I kinda enjoyed it, almost for those reasons. It's a well told story, that just ticks boxes and just a nice film to soak up without much effort. I'm in love with Amy Adams :mjcry:

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
denzel washington probably has the best catalog out of any actor. he's never starred in one bad movie, imo. also noticed he plays a cop or lieutenant in at least half of his roles.