Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps

I fukking hated this movie so bad. It's like someone saw Juno and said to themselves, 'You know what, I can write a story just as obnoxious and pretentious as this. Hell, I can even make it worse!' and then proceeded to do so, hurting the world of novels and now cinema for evermore. The forced hipster quirkiness is at an all-time low, from the plain annoying to the shameful classic cinema pandering (you can't hate this movie, look at all the movies it shout outs! Werner Herzog mentions people, a true cinephile can't hate this!). More painful to sit through than chemo to the point the possibly-quite-nasty stereotype of Earl is almost welcomed because even in his stereotypical this-is-what-white-people-think-black-teenagers-are-like way Earl at least feels like a real character in a movie consisting of painfully constructed cartoon characters. Did I mention the direction is abominable with terrible camera angles and a general sense that if the camera isn't standing still, the director has no idea what to do with it. fukking indie-hipster fukking shameless tearjerker garbage.
:gawddamn: this review is brutal, good looking out breh. Was interested in seeing it.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
momentumsmall-203x300.jpg

Daps
Godzilla-2014-poster.jpg

Never saw it during its original theater run, so I threw it on tonight. Pretty good monster/disaster film, but the acting outside of Cranston and Watanabe was subpar. I mean, it's a Godzilla film so I get that it's going to be over-the-top with the CGI and catastrophe, but the human elements of the film was missing. Wouldn't watch it again unless it happened to be on. 6/10

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Lucy. Starring Morgan Freeman and Scarlett Johansson.
This movie was interesting and turned stupid at the end.