Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
now you are talking!!
wolfman should be next and also for some comedy value plus horror..

ABBOTT_AND_COSTELLO_MEET_FRANKENSTEIN.jpg

^ Brilliant!!!

Yep that is on my list for this weekend.
Nothing like classic horror movies when
the weather is getting colder outside.
Also the Invisible man..

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
walk.jpg

Why. Why so much god damn narration? :damn:

tumblr_n4wuqgpENw1qj7u8ao1_500.gif

1002004000079938.jpg

99Homes.jpg

:lawd:

This is a great film.....ALMOST a classic. One little misstep in the script, imo, from being a masterpiece. Still a remarkable film with incredible, human, performances.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Yep that is on my list for this weekend.
Nothing like classic horror movies when
the weather is getting colder outside.
Also the Invisible man..
one of my faves is Claude Rains..the invisible man. the sequel is also a nice watch.
Props..
don't forget the Mummy..i prefer the hammer's take on the mummy..more colorful.

the black cat is gem..bela lugosi.
the-black-cat-boris-karloff-bela-lugosi-1934.jpg

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
one of my faves is Claude Rains..the invisible man. the sequel is also a nice watch.
Props..
don't forget the Mummy..i prefer the hammer's take on the mummy..more colorful.

the black cat is gem..bela lugosi.
the-black-cat-boris-karloff-bela-lugosi-1934.jpg

Been wanting to see this one! I hear this is really good..

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't scary as I would have expected from del Toro but it was interesting, that house was a piece of shyt
Big ass hole in the ceiling lol
It had a old school horror film like a mix of 1970s and silent film era horror.
I hope it makes a profit because Guillermo del Tor deserves it.

Currently watching Aladdin and just now realized Jasmine was about to give up them royal draws to that street nikka, Aladdin, after she barely knew him. Thot.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Age of Ultron: :what:

What a let down. Aside from a few good action pieces this was as weak as a marvel film that's been put out.

Ultron might be the wackiest villain yet. Wtf were they thinking making him so generic and non threatening. Marvel dropped the ball big time. Weak sub plots, but a few comedic moments that delivered. Quick silver dying was stupid too. Xmens version much better anyway.

I give it a C.

I know I'm late but the word of mouth was definitely accurate on this one.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw five movies at the yearly/six-monthly (I can barely keep track) one day alternative cinema festival.

SZTVO5N.jpg

Drama about an older married woman (Blanchett) in the 50s who begins an affair with a young female store clerk (Mara). I'm not sure where all the high praise for this one comes from, the much-lauded acting isn't all that much (Mara in particularly is shamelessly coasting of innocent caught-in-headlight-doe-eyes) but more tedious is the directing by Haynes which IMO fails to capture the right atmosphere for the time period, the sexual tension between the two leads and in fact often just uses plain ugly photography. A drag.

4uUlq5Y.jpg

I fukking hated this movie so bad. It's like someone saw Juno and said to themselves, 'You know what, I can write a story just as obnoxious and pretentious as this. Hell, I can even make it worse!' and then proceeded to do so, hurting the world of novels and now cinema for evermore. The forced hipster quirkiness is at an all-time low, from the plain annoying to the shameful classic cinema pandering (you can't hate this movie, look at all the movies it shout outs! Werner Herzog mentions people, a true cinephile can't hate this!). More painful to sit through than chemo to the point the possibly-quite-nasty stereotype of Earl is almost welcomed because even in his stereotypical this-is-what-white-people-think-black-teenagers-are-like way Earl at least feels like a real character in a movie consisting of painfully constructed cartoon characters. Did I mention the direction is abominable with terrible camera angles and a general sense that if the camera isn't standing still, the director has no idea what to do with it. fukking indie-hipster fukking shameless tearjerker garbage.

dnVdL2N.jpg

Solid drama about chess grandmaster Bobby Fischer, mostly because of the tight screenplay by Steven Knight (the man who brought us Locke). It felt a bit like a Ron Howard picture, a bit of A Beautiful Mind mixed with Frost/Nixon and a dash of Rush. Although in the end it's pretty hard to make chess look interesting on screen and director Edward Zwick just isn't skillful enough to pull it off, which prevents the movie from ever reaching that unique level that a Ron Howard picture does.

CrnafdE.jpg

The surprise of the night (and maybe of the year), this humorous black comedic drama about a single day in the life of a group of humanitarian aid workers during the Balkan-conflict. There big mission for the day is to remove a corpse that's been dumped in a local water well to ruin the water supply, but with the lack of a rope and none of the locals or anyone in the UN cooperating, this proves a lot harder to be than it should be. Boasting a strong lead role by Benicio Del Toro, Tim Robbins' funniest (and best) role in years and nice break-out role for Mélanie Thierry, the movie is the right kind of cynical and sarcastic as it continuously balances between drama and humor. Deserves far more credit than it's been given by critics.

t16SFa9.jpg

If you like your heavy-handed dramas to become even more hard-hitting, look no further. Rarely have I witnessed a movie that attacks your senses harder than this Holocaust drama about a concentration camp worker who takes the body of a boy as his son and attempts to give him a proper burial. Shot in 4:3 format (or close to it), the movie plays heavily with focus as the movie is almost entirely shot in close-up of main character Saul, with all the horrors of the Holocaust playing in the background in a near-constant state of blur, humans being stripped, beaten, shot, dragged, burned, while the sound is pumped up so loud you hear every scream, squirm, drop of blood, knees sinking into the dirt, final breaths and whatnot. It's a helluva job to sit through as it is (as evidenced by the many people who gave up on it and left), but with a minimal narrative and a main character who acts selfish and against other people's interests, it becomes agonizing. Does it make for a good movie, I dunno, but I do know it makes for must-see cinema.