Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
watched John Wick for the first time yesterday, I was highly impressed, I'm going to watch John Wick part 2 today for the first time

I don't live under a rock or anything, just never got around to watching them, lol

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Navalny (2022) - Filmaffinity

I thought is was very interesting. It almost a thriller or a crime doc. It is very well made.

I don't know shyt about Russian politics, and I didn't really know much about this man Navalny but it doesn't really go into that.
Basically breh gets poisoned, and the movie tries to figure out who did it.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Sampson

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
220px-Land_of_Bad_Poster.jpg

Pretty good action flick

• Dap

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Alien_movie_poster.jpg

Watched on Hulu. I'm sure I saw it when I was kid, but it's been so long as an adult it was almost like watching it with fresh eyes. Certain scenes are so iconic I just remembered them from pop culture in general. Movie does a good job of hiding the alien for the most part and the tension really racks up towards the end. You can see how it really set the template for things to come. Have Aliens in my queue on Max and plan to check it out soon.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BNTc5ZmJhYzktYzcxYS00NTIzLTgxOTQtMzBlNzZlZGI2ODk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Trying hard to review a movie and not get into my feelings about it, plus the plot is hard to describe but I did like the movie, 9/10

Ian McShane is a contract killer sent to an island resort, he meets up with a kid who lives in the same floor of his hotel and a free spirited bartender who he asked about the American Star wreckage. The wreckage is an American warship that the Americans left when WW2 ended. There were several attempts to salvage it but they failed and it ended up stuck on the coast of this island. Through their curiosity of the wreckage Ian's character and the bartender develop a kinship and start to hang out. Yet, as I said earlier, this isn't a pleasure trip for the protagonist.

So obviously this movie is about being in the twilight of your life and reflecting and trying to make good wholesome decisions from here on out. Yet, the human condition never changes and that is the best part of this movie. Im so tired of films being about women with a heart of gold cause I ain't never met one irl. Movies that have realistic portrayal of women will always get the gold star in my book.

• Dap

daemonova

Daps
The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live

Not feeling it.
Before my wifi went out, it was rough.

The other shows, told their story, then did flashback scenes, this flashback just kept going

• Dap

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Run_Sweetheart_Run.jpg

...Cute Chick tries to survive a demonic hell date before LA's sunrise:usure::ehh:

Last edited:
  • Dap

daemonova

Daps
marmalade-movie-poster.jpg

dope movie
When Aldis was a larger part of the movie than the trailers showed, I should have known something was up. When they made that "dry d!ck" joke I should have known something was up.

Aldis out chea trying to chase down a pawg, dude only got caught cause he robbed a bank in his hometown, if he let Aldis keep tracking him, dude would have went state to state robbing banks. Aldis would have been looking at Google Maps bewildered af, "dont know where that bish went."

i like how that pharmacist in the end was coping them pleas, like he didnt get a big ole check from dude. I supposed had the escape plan not got messed up, he would have just killed Aldis, so the plane ticket was a nice touch, considering they going to fire his butt once they realize what he did.

you think about the movie for more than five minutes it dont hold up but i was entertained.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

It’s not what you think. It’s not the ditzy 90s/00 rom com drama with a star studded cast. It’s a biting, ugly film about love and lust and intimacy. Def the type of film that fukks with you for a long time.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BODJjYmYyMGQtYzYyZS00M2U1LWE2NWEtOTYxYzgwMTFhYjZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY3ODkyNDkz._V1_.jpg

Really good movie that got overshadowed by last year’s crazy slate. Killer soundtrack. Not for the homophobes. Interpreted the ending one way only to go back and catch those subtleties I missed out on during the first watch like :ohhh: -> :mjcry:

‘Fleabag’ was the last thing I saw Andrew Scott in and I never quite got the hype about dude until now. Well deserved breakthroughs lately for both him and Mescal. As much as those two kill it though, I think the film kicks into full gear when it focuses on Adam’s interactions with his parents. Those raw reactions between both parties made such scenes feel like actual glimpses into someone else’s life.

The way the two leads kept bringing up how they felt like the only ones living in the high-rise (hint, hint) reminded me a lot of how some of Wong Kar-wai’s characters fared off in his works. Like damn, I want to reach through the screen and give these people a pat on the back, even a hug and let them know it’s going to be alright.

Grief plays a huge role in the story and to the point where it’s practically crushing the audience with depression, but I do think there is underlying hope here as well. There’s a message of self-acceptance and how powerful love can be in times of darkness that I hope resonates well with those in the gay community going through similar situations.

• Dap