Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Leave The World Behind

The atmosphere and tense gravity of the scenes was great but the whole time i was watching i was waiting for aliens. It seemed set up for aliens, seemed like they wanted you to think aliens....and then the end comes, no aliens?!! Movie was dumb.
It felt like an M. Night ShimmyShimmYah movie to me

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
good little revenge action flick.
MV5BN2ZjNDg4ZGQtZTY4NC00MWVmLTk4ZmEtYjc1NWRkZWRjMWUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4NTM5NDY@._V1_.jpg

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
exorcist-believer-vertical-key-art.jpg

Alright....here's the verdict.... :francis:

The movie wasn't that bad and quite frankly, it's on the level of the third movie which was shytted on for the time, but grew on folks as time went on. You have a story of choices, selfishness, believing, and finding solace in regrets. Yes, the plot didn't hit like the original, yes it didn't have the main priest but a bunch of random people that served no purpose, but the reality is that the movie just had a hidden message within in.

Letting go and accepting what you can't change.

I legit teared near the end because the main character played the hell out of the role, as well as the young jawn (no pun).

I believe this is going to be one of those movies that folks will look back and go "eh...it wasn't that bad".

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Rewatched first three John Wick movies before watching the 4th of the series for the first time.

Wasn't a big fan then, not a big fan now still. I liked the 3rd film because it was more over the top with a lot of martial arts. The first two movies were too much gun fu bullshyt. It becomes very monotonous. After he kills like 10 guys OK time to move on, it's not that impressive watching him kill 10 more in exact same way.
The Raid had much smaller budget but those guys made that movie look like they were beating each other for real. Grimy and feels like serious shyt going down in the movie. Wick series meanwhile have that overproduced Hollywood feel to it where violent scenes don't hit you as much as in The Raid series or even Sicario, another dark grimy series that I could watch over and over again.

Basically The Raid >>> John Wick

Last edited:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Godzilla Minus 1 at the movies yesterday

not only was the action piff, but it had a great storyline too, which I wasn't expecting

dope flick, I would reccomend it for Godzilla fans

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Nightmare Alley, I think it could have been Del Toros best if he handled the pacing better

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
6a6042a319f41171cfdb80544c8c87e1fb078b26.jpg

I remember wanting to see this back when Blockbuster was a thing :skip:. Haven't seen Rhona Mitra since the Strike Back days, so watched this on Max. Pretty fun throwback action flick with gore and solid car chases. Reminded me of Mad Max in some ways.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Been watching Trapped in Paradise with Nic Cage, Dana Carvey and Jon Lovit.

Now, watching Mixed Nuts with Steve Martin, Juliette Lewis, Rita Wilson, Adam Sandler.

thry got Liv Schriber in this bytch dress like a bytch :pachaha:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

This movie is crazy and radical and smart. It's also really funny, but poignant. I predict it's gonna win a lot of awards. I'm not sure the Coli is ready for its message though, especially with the plot line that emerges in the middle of the film. I can't wait to hear how what y'al think of it. 9/10.