Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
large_on-the-count-of-three-movie-poster-2022.jpeg

Would describe it as a dark buddy comedy. Considering the very morbid premise and the struggles the main characters face, movie had a lot of humor mixed in with the tragedy. 2 lead performances are very good and you buy them as lifelong friends.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
The Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds

when the tripod emerged from under the street I would've been runnin home to my family right then and there, I wouldn't even have waited for it to start shooting the laser beams

and I liked how even though it was a sci-fi movie, it showed the ugly nature of humanity, like how Tom and his fam got carjacked, and how that boat left all those people

but...the fvking sounds the tripods make still gives me chills as a grown man, lol

great movie

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I knew Saltburn was going to be released soon so I watched the OG thriller, Talented Mr. Ripley, which I heard it is very similar to.
1999 The Talented Mr Ripley Poster | Chairish 640 × 640

I already knew bits of the plot but this is a great movie. So much happens in the first hour that I am like well shyt the movie is going to end soon, but you get another hour of fukkery. Beautifully shot, this movie is kind of timeless. Crazy that this movie came out 20 years ago.

Watched Saltburn over the weekend. It was good thriller but gay as fukk. People saying they figured the plot 5 minutes into it are bullshytting.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
large_bottoms-movie-poster-2023.jpeg

More cartoony than I expected, but the absurd humor worked better for me than some of the more straightforward plot elements.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
71Y7XoMvvHL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

The whole hood really loved George Bailey :wow:

But f*ck Uncle Billy though.:mjtf:

How you trust someone who ties strings to his fingers to remind him of the 50-11 things he gotta do. Mans couldn't even reach George's wedding and the board wouldn’t trust him after George’s father died. You would trust him with 8 racks???

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
large_bottoms-movie-poster-2023.jpeg

More cartoony than I expected, but the absurd humor worked better for me than some of the more straightforward plot elements.
It's a date movie, if she's younger than 35. I call it Clueless for a new generation