Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
s-l500.jpg

Watched it last night on Peacock and thought it was pretty entertaining. Some truly funny moments throughout

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Really enjoyed it. From the writer of Taxi Driver, and there are some pretty noteworthy similarities for good and bad. Heavy grimy, sleazy New York tale about a drug dealer trying to find himself and escape the life.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo

watched the code red/scorpion version. a lot of people love this movie - i just thought it was ok. from a technical standpoint it is well executed but the story was just a little too mundane to adequately compensate for poor writing like most of argento's works normally can. i am bored by these black glove wearing killers in these movies. even the music is a bit boring. for any other italian filmmaker, i would be impressed, but argento has done so much better than this one

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
movieposter_en.jpg

Not a plane/jet guy, but did want to check out Maverick. Figured I would watch the original first. Definitely was familiar with the character names/some of the scenes from other references. An 80s movie for sure, thought the final combat scene was cool but still not engrossed by pilots. Music is really good though. Will probably wait a week or 2, then check out Maverick.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BMTgxMjQ4NzE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkwOTkyMQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This left me feeling incredibly icky due to the subject matter....but it was also a really good fukkin' movie. Best performance I've seen from Gordon-Levitt and I definitely need to catch more of Araki's work. Reminded me of those hidden gem, indie films that would air late on the IFC channel back in the day. Looked up the theatrical trailer on YouTube and judging by the comments, it baited a LOT of people into thinking this was some alien abduction film.

No alien abductions. More like...innocence abduction. :mjcry:

The OST is legit. If the soundtrack had a sibling, it would be The Virgin Suicides. Both have that dreamy, melancholic feel in their pieces. A little mix of the shoegazing genre as well to invoke feelings of nostalgia.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo

964 Pinocchio (1991 Japan)

solid early 90s japanese 'punk' horror movie. the director also assisted on tetsuo, so it has some similarities aesthetically but it looks even lower budget than that. the last 40 minutes or so can be extremely hard to sit through due to the constant moaning and screaming. not particularly horrifying and even though it may technically be cyberpunk, there isnt really anything cyber about it. ultimately, i have no idea what the ending meant, but i dont regret watching it.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
gix9thDBXfjJ8M7rYbihqbQGBcP.jpg

Never would've thought this would get a 4K release before The Departed. Compared to The Departed, I cared about the characters in I.A. more, especially Chen 'cause he was undercover for 10 years :smh:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
81FrjjUhFwL._RI_.jpg

This is really good. Its like a mix of NCIS and 24 if Gibbs and Jack's family weren't dead.

The way this dude be lying at the drop of a dime is :mjlol:
And his kids are annoying but not bad and actually entertaining.
The wife is annoying tho :beli:

And whats up with these Pakistani and Indian folks always slappin somebody up :mjlol::laff:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
images

Binged "The Recruit" yesterday. Pretty enjoyable action fodder with espionage/thriller elements. Laura Haddock was really good, and I actually rooted for the main character even though the protagonists in the show are CIA b*stards :manny:.

I just wish there were more shows like this that weren't centred around these entities (CIA etc). Still, I was able to suspend that and enjoy the show.