Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo

i watched the criterion blu ray. GREAT movie! one of the more original noirs. the film is 4:3 and the transfer does not look amazing to me. the blu ray actually came with tarot cards. i didnt watch the extras on disc, but they do exist.

i havent seen the remake yet, but it is hard to imagine the original being topped.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
s-l500.jpg

Catching up on films I've heard in my queue for a while. Wanted something light to watch and the movie is indeed very silly. Breezy watch, although it could have been funnier.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
8v3Sqv9UcIUC4ebmpKWROqPBINZ.jpg

I don't get the love. Only part I laughed at was the shoe store scene.

4tdnePOkOOzwuGPEOAHp8UA4vqx.jpg

First was better. When the killer was finally revealed, I didn't care because they were barely around. It is a good movie tho.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
@Hostile 22 jump street was way better. It was cool seeing johnny Depp reprise his character from the TV show, I didn't think he would do it. Other Dave Franco did a pretty good job innit.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Held off on watching for a long time because it just didn't sound interesting but I gotta say this was amazing. Exceptionally well acted, well written, and brings a world to life that I've never really seen before.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
GUEST_89d70bd3-f73e-4eba-8ca2-bd5ac9d53f31

Watched this on Starz. Seemed like they mixed elements of games 1 & 2 and pulled some things directly from the game. Could definitely tell the budget wasn't high, very cheesy in spots with unintentional/intentional maybe comedy :patrice:. Leon is a complete idiot in this :mjlol:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo

good movie. it's making a point about french cinema in the 90s. i dont know the particulars of that system, so some of this is lost on me, but i do know the government subsidizes movies over there, so maybe the filmakers had become decadent and insular. the lead actress is great in this as she plays a fictional version of herself surrounded by crazy french people. this movie is extremely meta, so if you dont like movies about movies, then dont watch it. it is inspired by the french silent film series les vampires. i actually have those movies on blu ray - i might watch them soon to get more context on irma vep. by the way, the name irma vep is just an anagram for vampire.

i watched this on a criterion blu ray. it includes two discs. the extras are great - you get filmaker and actor interviews, an essay, and even one of the les vampires movies.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
images
watching the end of one and the beginning of another last night on Cinemax, which ironically is where it belongs if you grew up in the 90s. The CGI is horrible. To see the look on Forest Whitaker face when they asked him to be on the sequel and he said no.
images