Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
all-quiet-on-the-western-front_V2.jpg

Very good flick that nails the brutality and bleakness of war, the never ending faces who fight and die in wars to a pointless degree, the removal of those who are in charge from the true chaos of war, and how close to salvation one can be and never get it in war.

My main gripes would be the kid part in the woods and the techno bass they used throughout, but this was one of the best films from last year.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BNTgyODRlNjQtMGZhNS00ZTA3LTgyNjgtNDYwNWM1ZDI0ODMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Y'all ever watched something so demonic that you need a pick-me-upper to cleanse your mind afterwards? That was this one for me. I also unfortunately didn't have the time to watch anything else upon the finish and had to sleep on this shyt. :bryan:It's a well-done movie that cuts no corners with its brutality. I was shocked the camera kept its focus on things I was sure it would cut away from. More importantly for me, I thought it hit the right notes for a home invasion film all the way through. There really weren't any silly moments to break the tension. These French horror films have no shame when it comes to going off the rails, lol.

Fetal abductions are one of the cruelest crimes to commit. Disheartening as is to witness during this film, but I can't imagine the horror that's going through the minds of real-life victims as they're literally watching their child being taken out of them while losing a shyt ton of blood and dying in the process. :picard:

The C-section bit was fukking miserable, but as far as WTF moments go, nothing trumps the scene of the main lead taking those multiple club shots to her pregnant belly and watching her water (along w/ blood :scust:) break afterwards. I WISH I could erase part of my memory.

harry-potter-dumbledore.gif

Just throw that shyt away. :hhh:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo

im a huge fan of brandon's dad. it's good to see that the body horror runs in the family. very gory, very well made and intriguing. really, this would work as a tv show. that character's arc could sustain a season or two.

solid 80s action. it was a flop, and i can see why, the plot is thin and the action set pieces are not amazing. still, it was an entertaining little neo-western with a good retro cast.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BZTBkMWE1NGItZTgxMi00ZTE0LWIzZjAtNzQ5ZGZlZTQxN2EwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Solid film. Movie is 90s to the max and the overall vibe made up for some of its dated cheesiness. Just like how Scream spawned a bunch of copycat teen slashers, this one seemed to bring on the Ginger Snaps and shows like Charmed.

Fairuza Balk plays crazy well. Them big pale eyes and that deranged, yet oddly attractive smile of hers here makes me wonder how she would’ve fared in the role of Harley Quinn. One of those what-ifs I think about every so often.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzBlZGZjZWM1LTVkNmMtNDYzZC1iNjc0LTYwNDY0YTkzYTExYy5qcGc=

Watched this since it's now on Peacock after hearing how good Cate Blanchett is in the role. She is very good and the reason to see this, as pretty much the whole movie centers around her character.
what movie would you compare this to? I’m big on psych thrillers

Hostile

All Star
Daps
cTaEIUYTt52ooq9quVbAQ7NpGwo.jpg

Trashed this on here 5 years ago. It really isn't bad. Back then, I was just pissed because it was recommended as a horror film. This is not a horror movie but it's a fun watch. Watching it in 4K HDR with surround sound also made it better than my first viewing.

g6ttvauPue6Y8i31H5XljYz4ID3.jpg

I had no idea what Lennox was saying. T-Boz :noah:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
3053678.jpg

Really don't know what to think about it this one. I saw that it was getting a lot of buzz by indy/A24 type movie fans, so I figured I would love it, and while it's clearly a good movie that tackles father/daughter relation mixed with a lot of nostalgia and great visuals, I kind of feel like it was missing something, even more so as various questions stay unanswered.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
_320x_d5a1e037c1bf0d4a21677777876841721adda73deba6830caa8d7009053fe188.jpg

Movie lives up to the title, lol. I thought the Home Alone references worked well and brings a solid amount of Christmas spirit thanks to the little kid. Watched on Peacock.