Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
1917_%282019%29_Film_Poster.jpeg

:francis: This is like the most overrated movie I have ever seen. Like I get the concept but the execution is just "soldier going sight seeing in one take". Its boring, its meh, and its pretentious as all hell. I mean the marketing team for this movie deserves a raise because holy hell, this movie went the other way compared to the trailer.
Nah fam, I ain’t tolerating any Sam Mendes slander. :martin:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:hubie:Just saying, this one ain't it. Powerful track record but this movie was buns.
I’ll admit it was pretty aimless, especially in the middle, and didn’t carry anywhere close to the amount of emotional weight in its story like Saving Private Ryan did.

But the cinematography from Deakins :banderas:

Them chords in Newman’s score :damn:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
American beauty is good, ageless

Third act of Skyfall pretty good, can't say the same for the first two
Yeah, I often see a lot of praise for Skyfall but it was a bit all over the place….as great as it looked. Road to Perdition and Revolutionary Road are the films from him that I’ll back forever though.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I’ll admit it was pretty aimless, especially in the middle, and didn’t carry anywhere close to the amount of emotional weight in its story like Saving Private Ryan did.

But the cinematography from Deakins :banderas:

Them chords in Newman’s score :damn:

The movie picked up for me when dude went into that dark battlefield:

efb803c52d254eaf844ec52f2e546c7a.png

Some cinephile shyt, but sadly the flick will never pull on the heartstrings of war flicks like "Apocalypse Now" and even "Full Metal Jackets". This shyt feels like if Jarhead was based in 1917 :francis:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Yeah, I often see a lot of praise for Skyfall but it was a bit all over the place….as great as it looked. Road to Perdition and Revolutionary Road are the films from him that I’ll back forever though.
I hate road to perdition.

Revolutionary looked boring and I've seen Kate Winslet nekkid already

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I hate road to perdition.

Revolutionary looked boring and I've seen Kate Winslet nekkid already

I mean Revolutionary Road was straight. I am a big fan of movies that take place in the 50s and etc. Its not a movie I would go back and watch though:huhldup:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vY2FiYTEyM2QtNWFkMi00MTE2LWJmYTUtODJkNjEyYWI0NzQ3LnBuZw==

I liked parts of it and certain characters journeys but I would recommend it if you're willing for a slow burn.