Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
sttmp_digitalka_1920x1080.jpg

I'm conflicted with this flick. Sure it was boring and slow as fukk, but dammit it's Star Trek. The focus mainly was on the ship and the visuals, rather than the usual Star Trek goodness folks know about, which is why this flick gets shytted on. But for me, I enjoyed the watch despite it being a slog to get through.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
sttmp_digitalka_1920x1080.jpg

I'm conflicted with this flick. Sure it was boring and slow as fukk, but dammit it's Star Trek. The focus mainly was on the ship and the visuals, rather than the usual Star Trek goodness folks know about, which is why this flick gets shytted on. But for me, I enjoyed the watch despite it being a slog to get through.
Re watched it a few months ago
Movie is cerebral as fukk
Basically the next generation, before next generation

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
220px-Crimes_of_the_Future_%282022_film%29.jpg

Falling_Down_%281993_film%29_poster.jpg

51QNH6ESVBL.jpg

5XSGvIKl2yPvOkieFjc3rzLw7x0-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

images

All piff, highly recommend each but I wasn’t crazy about Barton Fink. Love Coen Bros but this one wasn’t for me. There’s a wild ass scene with John Goodman in the third act :mjlol:

Naked and Falling Down :noah: If you like dark comedies with GOAT level dialogue in Reagan/Thatcher era decaying LA/London, these two are top notch

Cronenberg was on his shyt :huhldup:Crimes of the Future was Not nearly as gory as I thought it would be for a Cronenberg flick but it was original and a very tight film. Doesn’t try to do too much, just presents this world and lets you take it in with some beautiful visuals and Viggio at his best.

French Connection just a cold ass 70s thriller. Was shocked at how well it held up for a film that came out 50 years ago and how entertaining it was the whole way through. One of the best chase scenes I’ve ever seen in cinema and some stunning shots of 70s NYC. The ending :banderas:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BYTdiOTIyZTQtNmQ1OS00NjZlLWIyMTgtYzk5Y2M3ZDVmMDk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAzMDg4NzU0._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This was definitely a wild one but I'm not even gonna lie, I kinda tuned out during the 3rd act :manny:
If they cut out 10 minutes of the mother daughter stuff, it would have been a better movie of that alone.

MV5BZTBjNjdkNzItYjZjOC00MjhkLTk4ZTQtZTcyM2FmMGJlMDViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg
on Showtime

Let me start by saying that there is minimal special effects here, it barely tries. The destruction is massive but they probably went some where an shot B roll. That's nothing spectacular.

The only reason to see this movie is the aging starlets in HD. That is the. Best special effects. Amy Smart has the greenest eyes you've ever seen. They sparkle like emeralds. Black man kryptonite indeed. @Basaglia

Two third of the movie is wasted on a 2022 social agenda which took me several tries to get thru, cause I couldn't less. 8/10 for the milfs, 6/10 for the rest of this movie.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
MV5BZTBjNjdkNzItYjZjOC00MjhkLTk4ZTQtZTcyM2FmMGJlMDViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg
on Showtime

Let me start by saying that there is minimal special effects here, it barely tries. The destruction is massive but they probably went some where an shot B roll. That's nothing spectacular.

The only reason to see this movie is the aging starlets in HD. That is the. Best special effects. Amy Smart has the greenest eyes you've ever seen. They sparkle like emeralds. Black man kryptonite indeed. @Basaglia

Two third of the movie is wasted on a 2022 social agenda which took me several tries to get thru, cause I couldn't less. 8/10 for the milfs, 6/10 for the rest of this movie.
I see you fiendin' for tornado movies. Yeah the only good part of the movie is when the tornado hits. The tornado here is more realistic than the ones in Into the Storm and goes hard on the home theater. But Into the Storm is a better watch.

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I JUST watched this a few days ago. I figured it was a summer movie but did not know it was a 4th of July film until I heard it in the movie. shyt had me :gladbron:

breh this movie created the summer blockbuster as we know it today :skip:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
MV5BYThkZjljMDUtNjlhOC00MTE5LThiMzctMTMzOGQ0Yzg0ZjUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

Saw it was leaving HBO Max in a few days and had it in my queue for a minute. Not familiar with the comic versions of the characters, but the concept of doing a more horror filled mutant tale is solid. Just with they were able to really go deeper with the horror aspects, small cast and you could tell the budget wasn't the biggest. Magik seemed like she had the illest powers.