Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I fukk with this We Hunt Together show on Showtime.

Lady copper going thru it!

Homie Baba had the crazy life as a kid. Smh

shyt everyone but fat copper homie is crazy.
you're getting another season

daemonova

Daps

Reminded me a lot of Before The Devil Knows You're Dead in terms of an older brother irresponsibly leading his brother down the wrong path, and consequences that follow. Fascinating but disdainful characters kinda just swirling down the drain of life. Super frenetic pace but it fits.

Now on showtime @Bryan Danielson

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
MV5BMmIwZDMyYWUtNTU0ZS00ODJhLTg2ZmEtMTk5ZmYzODcxODYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I fukk with all of PTA's movies that I've seen and this is no different. There's this very disjointed, episodic feel as the characters kinda stumble from one adventure/breakup/makeup to another but I really like the tone of it all and the characters were great. The age thing is certainly awkward as fukk but I suppose the best way to view this shyt is through the lens of that time/era (1970s) instead of 2021/2022.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The-Northman-movie.jpg

a step down from The Lighthouse but it was ok even if cliche. Cinematography was top notch, acting was good even if Kidman lost the accent a couple of times. It's just the plot was like the studio told him dumb it down for an audience but he still had to throw in the avant-garde cinematography so we knew it was Eggers behind the camera.

daemonova

Daps
The-Northman-movie.jpg

a step down from The Lighthouse but it was ok even if cliche. Cinematography was top notch, acting was good even if Kidman lost the accent a couple of times. It's just the plot was like the studio told him dumb it down for an audience but he still had to throw in the avant-garde cinematography so we knew it was Eggers behind the camera.
It's funny to me because in the early 90s when she was married to Tom cruise, you'd have sworn she was from the Midwest. Now she constantly losing her accent, so what wasgoing on when she was married to Tom cruise.

yes,she got An Australian accent in this movie, I'm talking about later mobies

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

While I liked it overall I was disappointed. It feels incredibly formulaic for much of the movie, plot wise. Almost beat for beat, the opening of the film feels like Conan The Barbarian...but not as compelling. The things that separate it from similar films are largely related to the great cinematography, dream sequences, and some interesting portrayals of Viking religion/ceremonies. From a character perspective no one really stands out, besides Nicole Kidman's character I suppose.

Last hour drags. A lot.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Yo me and my dad are terrible. :pachaha:
He was like what you wanna watch, I told him it dont make me any difference so he started scrolling on Prime. He stopped on this joint here
We read the description and both started busting out laughing :russ:
I said we might as well watch this and laugh at this fat girl:dead:
And boy howdy did we ever :whew:
Movie was garbage completely terrible. Like student film level shyt. I was surprised at the end when they actually showed there was a film crew on this. All the long drawn out static shots made me think she set it all up on a tripod a filmed herself.
But jeez it was a good laugh roasting her

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
MV5BMTE5OTQyNDkxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU5NzMyMQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

A classic, seen it a million times but can still sit and watch it at any time. The original theatrical cut though, director's cut kind of sucks.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Dunno why I was so late peeping this classic but man it's amazing. From the very first scene it's just beautifully shot, and the Criterion HD is one of the best I've seen of an older film. James Caan at his peak, portraying the ultimate hustler. Great supporting cast too. The action scenes aren't amazing - you can tell that, as with Manhunter, Michael Mann was still figuring some shyt out. The the tone, aesthetic...everything else is just perfect.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
x-poster-copy.jpg

a better Texas Chainsaw Massacre than all the reboots & sequels

Dunno why I was so late peeping this classic but man it's amazing. From the very first scene it's just beautifully shot, and the Criterion HD is one of the best I've seen of an older film. James Caan at his peak, portraying the ultimate hustler. Great supporting cast too. The action scenes aren't amazing - you can tell that, as with Manhunter, Michael Mann was still figuring some shyt out. The the tone, aesthetic...everything else is just perfect.

lotta folks see this as Mann's best film