Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BYTdiOTIyZTQtNmQ1OS00NjZlLWIyMTgtYzk5Y2M3ZDVmMDk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAzMDg4NzU0._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This was definitely a wild one but I'm not even gonna lie, I kinda tuned out during the 3rd act :manny:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.

Bane is the best batman villain to appear on film, ever.

You could have put this performance in a Bond movie, Air Force One, any great action movies.

Number one option any movie you put him in.

GOAT BANE :blessed:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Obligatory :dame: but

Saw this over the weekend and thought it was amazing. Truly a beautiful film in terms of the cinematography, music, acting, setting etc. Even down to the pollen you see in the air, the rays of sunlight shining through trees, gives you the feeling of summer long gone. The nostalgia hits you like a ton of bricks. However the elephant in the room is obvious. It's not just a coming of age film. This is a romance film. A gay romance film...with a relationship that couldn't be more...problematic. Now obviously I liked Licorice Plaza, which had a similar age gap - but genders reversed. And we've certainly seen older films with similar age gaps or relationships that are wrong.

I won't knock the film for that...but I will knock it for the portrayal of the parents in all of this. Not gonna spoil anything but I felt that was more unsettling than the relationship itself. Film wise...it's a great movie, one of the best I've seen this year and the ending is heartbreaking. But we cannot ignore the issue of a man in his 20s (played by a guy in his 30s) having a romantic relationship with a 16-17 year old boy. I don't even care about France's consent laws being lower, these are American characters living in France.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
6oom5QYQ2yQTMJIbnvbkBL9cHo6.jpg

Extended edition. Read the books several years back and I love fantasy but always felt these movies might bore me. I'm always looking for movies that push the home theater but this never gets recommended. This shyt goes HARD. I was watching with the :pachaha:face the entire time 'cause my neighborhood likes to be all quiet and peaceful. :fire::fire::fire::fire::wow:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Just saw Crimes of the Future. One of the most grotesque displays of body horror I can remember. But once you get past the shock of it, there's a pretty interesting commentary or perhaps question about human evolution. I dug it but I think it was a bit too detached emotionally. 7/10

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
the-northman-2022-03.jpg

It's on Peacock, so I checked it out. I liked it enough. Definitely has me looking forward to Hellblade 2 even more now. Nicole Kidman when motivated is still pretty good. A decent revenge flick with a viking flair.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
k5hcs7fhGe7btPCeZU83r6-970-80.jpg

Saw it in theatres. Missed the first half hour because of stupid traffic but was able to catch up (sort of) and this was trippy as shyt.

I could easily knock points on it for some of the themes being recycled but I won't. Michelle Yeoh was so good in this. Definitely need to watch it again in full.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
movieposter_en.jpg

I remember reading the Twitter thread when it popped off and finding it entertaining. Got around to watching the movie and from what I remember it seemed to capture the vibe of the thread. Some good performances throughout. 1st time seeing Greg from Succession in a different role :skip:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The_Initiation_poster.jpg

...80s slasher flick that used an empty department store as a backdrop for its body count:lupe::huhldup::whoo: