JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
Rat got more moneyand style than most states:ehh:

I'm an NYC kid who also grew up down Souf. I remember some NYC dudes that went down Souf and dominated and others who got punked. If you were a real NYC dude you were good down Souf. And vice versa. Seen a Texas dude be around Queens all the time. Country Hat and WWF-type belt buckle. but he got his and gave respect.

But y'all keep hay-ten on NYC ... yahurrrd
I dont hate tho. Some up top dudes were cool as fukk. The ones that came with the mentality that we were just some country ass dudes are the ones that got it. If I came to my, I wouldn't disrespect yall cuz yall live differently from how I do.

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
"say we were lame for having a grill"
NY brought pullout grill technology TO atl...and joggers didn't become fashionable until recently. You're corny, fake, and a LIAR for putting your own spin on a 90s story you weren't around for.
:mjlol:
nikka how? We had pullouts in the mid 80s. If you couldn't afford to get the real grill, you got the pullouts. Ny nikkaz ain't bring shyt down here but a hating ass attitude. Mostly. I'm born and raised here. Grew up in Perry Homes. Born at Grady. I'm not fronting when I said what I said. They were hating and more than a few got put in there place. I've been in and seen too many instances where a nikka from up top thought it was sweet. Before I had my grill taken out, them dudes used to try to clown us for the gold. shyt I've heard personally. Too many stories from my hood to the bluff. Now a days they're cool and all. Back then tho, is a whole other story. Use all the smileys you want, still cant change the fact that right now yall nikkaz think yall are us. We been had all the style and all that shyt. I guess yall just now catching up. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
nikka how? We had pullouts in the mid 80s. If you couldn't afford to get the real grill, you got the pullouts. Ny nikkaz ain't bring shyt down here but a hating ass attitude. Mostly. I'm born and raised here. Grew up in Perry Homes. Born at Grady. I'm not fronting when I said what I said. They were hating and more than a few got put in there place. I've been in and seen too many instances where a nikka from up top thought it was sweet. Before I had my grill taken out, them dudes used to try to clown us for the gold. shyt I've heard personally. Too many stories from my hood to the bluff. Now a days they're cool and all. Back then tho, is a whole other story. Use all the smileys you want, still cant change the fact that right now yall nikkaz think yall are us. We been had all the style and all that shyt. I guess yall just now catching up. :yeshrug:
No, THIS MAN is the reason y'all wear pullouts, young bull
80dc71847e5e61a0daa66685f7e61e78.jpg

I'm not from NY, stupid, and no...y'all didn't have pullouts until 1993 bro. You weren't even BORN.
"more than a few got put in their place" There are too many of them down there for this talk bro and nobody's going up there to put them in their place.
I'm from Ohio and you already know what time it is with that. RIP PHILANT
:umad:
Most people credit New York’s Eddie Plein (owner of Eddie’s Gold Teeth) for kicking things off. Plein reportedly outfitted Flava Flav with a set of gold caps, who was eventually followed by a slew of other top New York rappers, including Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. Plein then moved to Atlanta and began designing more elaborate (and more expensive) grillz for artists including OutKast, Goodie Mob, Ludacris and Lil Jon.

Cover Story: Real Stories Eddie Plein, Owner Of Eddie's Gold Teeth | Atlanta Creative Loafing
This is from AN ATLANTA publication...not a "cac atlanta" publication...and it's an article from 2006.

Eddie Plein is Atlanta’s godfather of grills and the owner of Eddie’s Gold Teeth:

“Our parents, like people in South America, they had golds. I happened to go on a trip to South America where I come from, Dutch Guiana, Surinam. And my tooth broke or something. I went to the dentist, and the idea kinda slapped me. I thought, ‘When I come back to the States, I’m gonna go to dental school.’

“Atlanta was like 10 years later, after I did my thing in New York. I’m the first guy that did Flava Flav’s gold. I’m the first guy who did some of the rappers from then, like Big Daddy Kane. Just-Ice was one dude that kinda put me on the map, too. Whenever he did an album, he used to push my gold.

“In the A-Town, I was able to jump that off again. I had a beautiful market ’cause the A-Town was on the come-up. You had the Freaknik. You had rappers. You had music conventions.

“Years ago, before the red gold came out. Andre from OutKast used to tell me, ‘Make me some coppers.’ I don’t know why, ’cause I would never stoop down to do it. But he just wanted something different. He said, ‘Even if it looks like a penny, that’s what I want.’ Of course, that’s lousy gold. Yeah, that was real strange.

“By 2000, 2001, I started noticing jewelers come out of the woodwork, trying to do gold. Right now, it’s flooded. Things have changed. The last couple years have been about the ‘ice age’, you know what I’m sayin’? Everybody wants ice. And I’m kinda tired of it a little bit. But I put the teeth into hip-hop, you know what I mean?”

Y'all didn't have pullouts until 1993, and no southern rapper has contributed anything to the game fashion wise at any time. If you say tall tees, that's a lie. Pro Club tees were first sold in Monmouth, NJ...1999.
"bbbut I was THERE" In one hood, in a country ass city that wasn't popping until 2 midwest nikkas named Kenneth Babyface Edmonds and LA Reid decided to buy some real estate and start a label. Y'all got civil rights, let's leave it at that.

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Like Solja Ree's weren't more popular than the fukking S. Carters

and one was just a regular shoe

the south has contributed to fashion in the 2010s and up

even earlier

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes

I'm not from NY, stupid, and no...y'all didn't have pullouts until 1993 bro. You weren't even BORN.
"more than a few got put in their place" There are too many of them down there for this talk bro and nobody's going up there to put them in their place.
Most people credit New York’s Eddie Plein (owner of Eddie’s Gold Teeth) for kicking things off. Plein reportedly outfitted Flava Flav with a set of gold caps, who was eventually followed by a slew of other top New York rappers, including Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. Plein then moved to Atlanta and began designing more elaborate (and more expensive) grillz for artists including OutKast, Goodie Mob, Ludacris and Lil Jon.

Cover Story: Real Stories Eddie Plein, Owner Of Eddie's Gold Teeth | Atlanta Creative Loafing
This is from AN ATLANTA publication...not a "cac atlanta" publication...and it's an article from 2006.

Eddie Plein is Atlanta’s godfather of grills and the owner of Eddie’s Gold Teeth:

“Our parents, like people in South America, they had golds. I happened to go on a trip to South America where I come from, Dutch Guiana, Surinam. And my tooth broke or something. I went to the dentist, and the idea kinda slapped me. I thought, ‘When I come back to the States, I’m gonna go to dental school.’

“Atlanta was like 10 years later, after I did my thing in New York. I’m the first guy that did Flava Flav’s gold. I’m the first guy who did some of the rappers from then, like Big Daddy Kane. Just-Ice was one dude that kinda put me on the map, too. Whenever he did an album, he used to push my gold.

“In the A-Town, I was able to jump that off again. I had a beautiful market ’cause the A-Town was on the come-up. You had the Freaknik. You had rappers. You had music conventions.

“Years ago, before the red gold came out. Andre from OutKast used to tell me, ‘Make me some coppers.’ I don’t know why, ’cause I would never stoop down to do it. But he just wanted something different. He said, ‘Even if it looks like a penny, that’s what I want.’ Of course, that’s lousy gold. Yeah, that was real strange.

“By 2000, 2001, I started noticing jewelers come out of the woodwork, trying to do gold. Right now, it’s flooded. Things have changed. The last couple years have been about the ‘ice age’, you know what I’m sayin’? Everybody wants ice. And I’m kinda tired of it a little bit. But I put the teeth into hip-hop, you know what I mean?”

Y'all didn't have pullouts until 1993, and no southern rapper has contributed anything to the game fashion wise at any time. If you say tall tees, that's a lie. Pro Club tees were first sold in Monmouth, NJ...1999.
"bbbut I was THERE" In one hood, in a country ass city that wasn't popping until 2 midwest nikkas named Kenneth Babyface Edmonds and LA Reid decided to buy some real estate and start a label. Y'all got civil rights, let's leave it at that.
Bruh, I dont give a shyt about that long ass article. I'm from here. nikkaz had pullouts in the 80s. Lame. Real nikkaz didnt fukk wit Eddie. Period. The only nikkaz fukked wit him were the ones who couldn't afford to go to the real dentist. Period. We clowned nikkaz wit them big ass eddie golds. All that revisionist shyt you can keep to ya self. Now whatever lame ass telling you any different must not know. Dumb ass. Pullouts, caps whatever you want to call it, were already being worn before eddie. Hell, I didnt even know he was from up top. Cuz u found some article stating otherwise dont prove shyt. Who the fukk goes to flea market to get gold teeth? That must be some lame ass up top shyt. Now stop quoting me with your bullshyt. I'm from here. I know what the fukk I'm saying.

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes

Ohio. Oohhhiiiooo. Man, if you dont get your lame ass on somewhere with that shyt. 93. We didnt have pullouts til 93?!!!! :russ: nikka. Ohio. My god. :russ: Too funny bruh. Imma let you cook with your bullshyt narrative. Born and bred nikka. I had pullouts in 88. 88 nikka. Dumb ass I'm from that era. You and nobody else can tell me. nikkaz cant be this stupid. Saying I wasn't born yet. :russ: My god. If you from ohio, why the fukk you worried about ny? You a whole lame out here bruh.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Ohio. Oohhhiiiooo. Man, if you dont get your lame ass on somewhere with that shyt. 93. We didnt have pullouts til 93?!!!! :russ: nikka. Ohio. My god. :russ: Too funny bruh. Imma let you cook with your bullshyt narrative. Born and bred nikka. I had pullouts in 88. 88 nikka. Dumb ass I'm from that era. You and nobody else can tell me. nikkaz cant be this stupid. Saying I wasn't born yet. :russ: My god. If you from ohio, why the fukk you worried about ny? You a whole lame out here bruh.
I lived in NY, too. DC, MD...Va...FLA...
Y'all didn't have them until Eddie brought them down. He's still there and I'm gonna interview him for my blog. Thanks for the idea.
"Your lame ass"...
EDDIE PLEIN BROUGHT PULLOUTS TO THE A.

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
Y'all didn't have them until Eddie brought them down. He's still there and I'm gonna interview him for my blog. Thanks for the idea.
"Your lame ass"...
EDDIE PLEIN BROUGHT PULLOUTS TO THE A.
I dont give a fukk nikka. I'm telling you. We did. Now go interview him all day nikka. They were already here. Most nikkaz who had the money went to dr jaffee. Period. If you didnt you went and bought the pullouts and caps. When eddie came here he just made it easy for the lames. No, and I mean no real nikka were wearing them big ass ugly ass gold teeth bruh. If you ever talk to any nikka born and raised here they will say the same thing. His gold teeth were ugly. We see nikkaz wit them big ass shyt, they getting clowned. That nikka shyt was in the flea market by greenbriar mall. I know what the fukk I'm saying. Oh yea, I give a damn about all that r.i.p philant shyt. He isn't me. I gives a fukk about ohio.