Coli brehs AITA or is my girl trippin?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Crazy thing is my girl was sleep because she had to be at work at 630 in the morning and all this went down at midnight. I was just trying to be considerate of everyone else in the house and then trying to prevent more bullshyt down the road by just letting it go afterwards instead of telling her about her mama's disrespectful ass friend and this is what I get. Me and her ain't talked since lunchtime and I'm not about to apologize for none of this. I refuse to apologize for being disrespected, and then instead of starting a fight, being a grown up and just recusing myself from the situation and letting it go.
Nothing else really to explain

Logically, it made sense. Its a part of growing into an ADULT male

Old girl was on bullshyt, and instead of fukking up everyones night, you bit the bullet and went home and got over it.

Instead of her looking at it like you don't need to talk about it, she flips it as you're a liar because you didn't tell her what happened. Shes making herself the victim

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
nikkas be scared to leave situations when clearly the writing is on the wall
Even if you two get pass this
Trust and believe it ain’t over and she will use that like the big joker next time bullshyt comes around
Sometimes walking away is better than fighting with a muthafukka
You know in your heart you were violated
Stand on your shyt or over stay a situation and get destroyed

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
your girl could have told her he wasn't a secret
you could have just told her he wasn't a secret
she could have just asked your girl about seeing him on facebook
everybody communication lacking on all sides. everybody the a$$hole :yeshrug:
He don't owe that stranger no explanation.....the second she said she was stalking social media the interaction was over

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
You made a hard decision breh, there's no fault in that. There are many times moving forward you will have to do the same if you stick it out with her. I tell you this, she hit you with the I thought we can talk about anything line..........make her live up to it, don't let her use that as a weapon or a catch all against you. If she wants it all, proceed cautiously because if she can't come to an understanding about not wanting to cause a scene with a drunk also gone off dusty, there are definitely some other unreasonable things there

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
U ain’t do anything wrong

Your girl needs to be a woman and tell Auntie Playmaker to shut her ass up and leave her boyfriend alone

No disrespect but your lady not showing any form of leadership skills here; u handled the situation well though

The only thing I will say u shoulda done is keep it a band wit your girl as to why u left, her reaction to the truth woulda showed you where she stand

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I didnt even stop to think of the absurdity of being accused of "hiding a child"....whom she found posted RIGHT ON UR FACEBOOK PAGE :mjlol:

Again, u need to have a talk with ur chick about letting so called "family" attempt to sabotage her shyt. Its far too common and these birds dont even realize it is HER being disrespected just as much if not more than the man.

They are essentially abusing ur trust to shyt all over and try to steal ur joy and blessing. Shyt should not be tolerated. Anyone on that time would be cut if they wasnt already from my circle.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I adjusted my original comment, lol.

But I mean, you don't have to go nuclear, but she already fukked up the peace cause you felt like you wanted to leave. Peace doesn't just mean not explosive. if you're not enjoying the vibe of a spot when you were, that's disturbing the peace as well.
Exactly. This woman is way too comfortable she is already out bounds even playing detective in the first place unless she was specifically tasked with it by shawty.

She isnt trying to "protect" her, she is digging for ways to derail this relationship. And unchecked she is only going to get more brazy with it.

Byronml

Rookie
Daps
Took me about 5 seconds before I realized this bytch was full of that liquor and was gone off some powder.

So my girl asked why I didn't just tell her and I told her I was just trying to maintain the peace, she been a family friend to y'all since y'all was babies so I didn't even wanna open up that can of worms.

This morning my girl message me saying she still upset with me and that I lied about that even when she told me that she felt some type of way. Said it makes her feel like she wants to put her guard up around me because 'I thought we could talk about anything, and you lied about something simple and that she was still upset with me.' It was a big ole wall of text. I just simply replied with 'Ok' and called it a day and we haven't talked since. Am I trippin cause I feel like my girl needs to let this shyt go cause at the end of the day I'm the only victim in this situation and I been trying to be the bigger person here. I really don't feel like I'm wrong in what I did, and I was perfectly justified in how I handled the situation. Am I the a$$hole or is my girl trippin?
Leaving at midnight when a woman is full of liquor and booger sugar is pure wisdom and risk management. Who knows what could have happened had you stayed to try and establish boundaries with an unsober woman at midnight. How would that have turned out?

Your girl's response, and follow-up after finding out why you really left annoys me, as if she doesn't want you to have self-respect and expected you to say something that in that situation, would have caused a bit of a ruckus.

Daps
He don't owe that stranger no explanation.....the second she said she was stalking social media the interaction was over

it's a family friend not a stranger.
you want to play sleepover with the family, you may have to talk about personal stuff :krs:

and maybe yall dont care about your folks but looking into who is around the kids is standard around here.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Scared to tell a broad the truth? fukk keeping the peace.
"I felt disrespected by you mom's friend and your mattress is too soft."

Yeah this “keeping the peace” shyt is what causes majority of problems in relationships. Communication and honesty is top priority. “Keeping the peace” leads to suppressed emotions/thoughts, small lies, which leads to resentment, negative energy and eventually huge blow ups in the future.

Never “keep the peace” nikka say it wit ya chest :gucci:

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Shoulda told your girl at the second chance but otherwise everybody else in that house out of pocket :hubie: even the sister was eavesdropping :dead:

I’m guessing she has some kind of trust issues/insecurities that were triggered when you didn’t tell her the second time. Which I personally don’t think is the biggest deal in the world, but still prolly the one and only misstep on your behalf throughout this situation. Coulda just said “your mom’s friend was drunk talking crazy so I excused myself” and left it at that. Not bringing it up in the heat of the moment was the right move tho

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
As soon as ya told ya girl the truth about the mama friend being drunk and drugged up, ya girl should’ve understood and should’ve been able to get to an understanding about why and how you handled that situation. That’s a volatile situation you were in and you shut it down in the way you thought best as a man should.

A lot of women hate men walking away from conflicts because to them it’s like you abandoning the situation and in a way them as well.
of course she also petty enough to harp on you hiding the reason why you left and now makes that issue instead of the fact she got coke heads coming in her house disturbing the peace.

She a little too cool with that element being around and it might be a warning that this woman is ok with trife shyt taking place in and around her house.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Honestly, I felt like that shyt could have been brushed off since old head was drinking and on that powder.

I've been in situations like that before when I was married. Some relative or relative's friend says something sideways or asks something that is untactful. You either gotta eat that (ignore it and stayed chilling at the crib) or defend yourself. By trying to keep the peace and leave and act like nothing happened allows everyone else to shape the narrative. You'll think you're the good guy cuz you left, but they prolly think you being sensitive and gon make you the villain anyway.

Better to just speak your shyt and stand on it. She already know you lied and that it bothered you enough to leave. Nobody should have that type of power over you.