Cold War II: The United States vs Trump and Co. A Russian Affair

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
In what world do you all live in that you believe the speaker of the House or hell, the Senate majority leader has the power to act autonomously without party consent?!
:gucci:

That's not what I'm saying breh give me a little more credit than that.

I'm saying she is controlling party consent through threats to withhold PAC funding for reelection campaigns

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
That's not what I'm saying breh give me a little more credit than that.

I'm saying she is controlling party consent through threats to withhold PAC funding
Lets say that's the case, what good is PAC money going to do you when your constituency is screaming for impeachment and your name is not amongst the House Reps in support?

'Enough is Enough': Democrats at Town Halls Across the Country Getting Earful From Constituents Who Want Impeachment Hearings

This is the type of reporting going on in late May early June and you know it has only grown as we've seen the number of D's in the house come out in support of impeachment. All the PAC money in the world isn't going to save your seat after this.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
@Hood Critic

The strategy seems to be:

1) Convince voters that calling for impeachment is immature, unrealistic and short sighted. It's "millenials snowflake stuff".

2) Ensure that there are no other names with a D next to them other than the establishments candidate.

How many Democrat lawmakers have had any issues over their Iraq War voting records even given its unpopularity with D constituents?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
@Hood Critic

The strategy seems to be:

1) Convince voters that calling for impeachment is immature, unrealistic and short sighted. It's "millenials snowflake stuff".

2) Ensure that there are no other names with a D next to them other than the establishments candidate.

How many Democrat lawmakers have had any issues over their Iraq War voting records even given its unpopularity with D constituents?

Come on fam....

1. The reason they aren't pushing for impeachment is because they believe Trump will "self impeach" and the result will lead to control of the Senate, House and WH. They know they need moderates for that pipe dream so that is why they're tip-toeing around them not to potentially upset them.

2. Everyone who has a shot at being president in 2020 is a part of the "establishment" in some form or fashion. There are no more outliers since Bernie pushed the party left in 2016.

How is this even comparable when it was easy to place the blame of the war at the feet of the Republican controlled administration? They can't blame the republicans for their own leadership not initiating impeach inquiries.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I think a lot of the Dems who haven't come out on record supporting impeachment are taking advantage of the fact that there is no threat of vote.
I'd at least like to believe that if the House was forced to a straight yes/no vote it'd pass. And if that isn't the case, any rep voting no should be called into question.

Also, I believe that the top Dems like Pelosi repeatedly speaking out against impeachment lessens the likelihood of the smaller fish sticking their necks out to advocate for it.

Either way, salute to the 80 Dems with courage.

They would get on record if the folks in their district demand they do. I got emails from both of my reps AFTER constantly reaching out to them for the stance on impeachment, they they were now on board.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
They would get on record if the folks in their district demand they do. I got emails from both of my reps AFTER constantly reaching out to them for the stance on impeachment, they they were now on board.

This is true. I saw an article where a lot of people who have come out and supported impeachment have pointed to pressure from constituents as a big reason why. The rep I voted for in 2018 is already pro impeachment but I’ve moved since....My new rep isn’t so I’ve been hitting her up.