Cold War II: The United States vs Trump and Co. A Russian Affair

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The way it's looking right now Dems would be lucky to get a 50/50 split with a Dem VP. If they're serious Dems need to start looking for some talent to run in the Senate races, and soon.

We got 200 mfs all wanting to run against Trump this cycle but nobody wanting a Senate seat. :hhh:
Everyone running is already a senator from a Blue State.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Its not if the most viable candidates are saying that they won't be running.

There are for sure things you can't overcome, some states/areas will always lean conservative no matter what...but if the Democrats are unable to find viable candidates that is largely an indictment of the party and their strategy.

I live in Texas, John Cornyn is up for reelection in 2020. I'm a registered voter would likely vote for a Democrat.
If they can't find one to trot out there in 2020, that's on them. Whoever they roll out will likely lose anyway, but even Beto's race had a huge impact on Texas' politics. A lot of democrats got put into office thanks to him.
'
How did the Democrats put themselves in a position where their own people don't even bother running?

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
There are for sure things you can't overcome, some states/areas will always lean conservative no matter what...but if the Democrats are unable to find viable candidates that is largely an indictment of the party and their strategy.

I live in Texas, John Cornyn is up for reelection in 2020. I'm a registered voter would likely vote for a Democrat.
If they can't find one to trot out there in 2020, that's on them. Whoever they roll out will likely lose anyway, but even Beto's race had a huge impact on Texas' politics. A lot of democrats got put into office thanks to him.
'
How did the Democrats put themselves in a position where their own people don't even bother running?
I honestly believe Stacy Abrams is running for a Georgia next time. If she runs for president and bows out in January, if she’s Vice President and loses, if she’s Vice President and wins, etc are some of the thoughts she may have running through her head.

She does have a organization that seems to be laying the foundation to something big.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
5 hrs ·
Senator Lindsey Graham, the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said he will not ask special counsel Robert Mueller to testify about the Russia probe, after an hours-long hearing with Attorney General Barr.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Graham won't call for Mueller to testify: 'It's over'
“I'm not going to do any more. Enough already. It's over,” Graham told reporters, asked why he wasn’t calling Mueller to appear before his committee.

The Hill
5 hrs ·
Jim Jordan, a top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, suggested Attorney General Barr not show up for a planned testimony before the committee on Thursday, breaking with his own committee's leadership.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Jim Jordan suggested Barr should skip House testimony Thursday
“Think about how crazy that is,” Jordan said. “The very moment [Nadler] is making that statement, Bill Barr is testifying in front of Congress, he’s in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. That is craziness.”

so much treason

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
It's not a party of the people, by the people, and for the people. :yeshrug:

I'm sure a lot of people saw the lack of support given to senate candidates in the 2016 election. If you're not running in NY, TX, CA, or FL nobody really cares about you.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's not a party of the people, by the people, and for the people. :yeshrug:

I'm sure a lot of people saw the lack of support given to senate candidates in the 2016 election. If you're not running in NY, TX, CA, or FL nobody really cares about you.

hl cares!

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
8 hrs ·
Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano says Attorney General Barr "probably misled" lawmakers during a testimony last month, after a bombshell letter by Mueller revealed he was unhappy with Barr's summary of the final Russia report.

"He’s got a problem in my view,..."

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Fox News legal analyst says Barr 'probably misled' lawmakers in prior testimony on Mueller report
Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano said Wednesday that Attorney General William Barr "probably misled" the House during his April testimony about Robert Mueller's report, pointing to evidence that Barr mischaracterized the special counsel's

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
9 hrs ·
Attorney General William Barr paused for several seconds when pressed by lawmakers during his testimony over whether campaigns should report directly to the FBI when foreign governments offer “dirt” on competitors — a pointed question referencing the infamous Trump Tower meeting.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Barr hesitates when asked if campaigns need to report foreign governments offering 'dirt' on competitors
Barr has faced multiple complains from Democrats over his handling of the probe, particularly after a letter from Mueller surfaced expressing his “frustration” over Barr’s summary of the report’s findings.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
12 hrs ·
Attorney General William Barr on Wednesday said it wasn’t clear that former White House counsel Don McGahn would testify to Congress, saying, “We haven’t waived his privilege.”

The comment immediately sparked outrage as many noted the us of "we" implies the Justice Department is an extension of the White House.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Barr sparks outrage after saying 'we' while discussing a White House decision
Attorney General William Barr on Wednesday said it wasn’t clear that former White House counsel Don McGahn would testify to Congress, saying, “We haven’t waived his privilege.”