Cody Rhodes Finally Finishing The Story At Wrestlemania 40 Appreciation Thread - WE DID IT BREHS!

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
With all the hate Rock getting I assume he's the heel and Roman turning face. That's if plans go as they look to be. So then if the match happens and Roman wins, I wonder if that leads to a cody heel turn. On some being a face couldn't get the job done so now I gotta take a different approach.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With all the hate Rock getting I assume he's the heel and Roman turning face. That's if plans go as they look to be. So then if the match happens and Roman wins, I wonder if that leads to a cody heel turn. On some being a face couldn't get the job done so now I gotta take a different approach.
Neither Rock or Cody are turning heel.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Bret goes into wrestlemania 9 (1993) as the defending champ against Yokozuna, who won the rumble to get the shot at the belt. At the end of the match Mr Fuji throws salt in Bret’s face while he’s got the sharpshooter locked in and Yokozuna covers for the win. While Bret is standing ringside basically trying to wipe his face off, hulk hogan shows up to talk to Bret. All of a sudden Mr Fuji gets on the mic and challenges hogan to face Yokozuna for the belt on the spot. Hogan rushes into the ring, the match starts, and after about a minute or two Yokozuna sets hogan up for Fuji to throw salt in his face. Hogan ducks, Yokozuna gets salt in the face, hogan hits the leg drop, covers Yokozuna for the 3 and the title, and the show goes off the air with hogan posing for the camera as the new champ. Totally pulled the rug out from under Bret who’d just won it all for the first time in October 1992 after 16-17 years in the ring himself. Hogan was 39 at this point and his high point of his match with Andre the giant was 6 years ago at this point and it had been 9 years since hogan won it for the first time. He’d lose the belt to Yokozuna at king of the ring a few months later and left for wcw later that year. Bret didn’t fully recover until beating Yokozuna at wrestlemania 10 the following year in Madison square garden. Bret doesn’t think very highly of hogan and this is one of many reasons why.
Yup. Hogan literally returned in Jan 93 to be gone by June 93 lol. Had minimal appearances and some pre-taped segments. Was supposedly to drop it to Bret at SummerSlam 1993. This is where the issues start: Hogan doesn't work for me brother'd the idea and dropped it to Yoko at KOTR instead. Still unsure if Vince ever properly told Hogan that was the plan but apparently there is a tug of war photo with HitGOAT and Hogan with the title. Then they still almost fukked it up a year later thinking the fans wanted Luger, did the Rumble tie finish, but made the right call by the time WM10 came.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just for him to lose again :wow: ☝️

They can't complain because all they said is #WeWantCody, they didn't say #WeWantCodyToWin

:troll:
I could completely see them doing that...putting him in the match just to bury him and have him lose

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:leostare: :leostare: :leostare:

If I wasn’t so sure they legit thought Rock/Roman was the move, I’d swear they’re tryna manufacture this into a new age “YES!” Movement to garner Cody more sympathy on top of keeping The Vince Revelations out of the news cycle

This and all the mainstream news stories legit had me thinking this has to be a work. But I dunno

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
WWE turning Cody heel would be one of dumbest things they've done creatively in a long ass time

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
"Adrenaline in his soul.

Rock told him to know his role.

The People's Champ will close the show." :wow:

jay-z-jay-z-dancing.gif