Cody Rhodes Finally Finishing The Story At Wrestlemania 40 Appreciation Thread - WE DID IT BREHS!

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Did you see the 2014 and 2015 royal rumble matches?

So Rock is gonna be 52 in May. His last run as a full time wrestler ended in early April 2002. You know, when he was 30. His last run where he was there every week and wrestled on tv and all that stuff like a proper full time guy was his Hollywood run run from February to April in 2003. He made I think 2 one off appearances the rest of 2003 and then came back for the final month before wrestlemania XX to build his tag match with Mick Foley against evolution. There was one more one off appearance that may on raw and he didn’t appear on their programming again aside from inducting his dad into the hall of fame until his 2011 comeback to build his match with John Cena. His last match was in 2013 and his cardio was terrible back then. Rock was getting blown up 5 minutes into a match.

Cody Rhodes is by a pretty wide margin the most over act in the company and after he got screwed in the main event of wrestlemania last year, (Roman’s cousins interfered on 4 different occasions to cost Cody the match) Roman has basically spent the last year on vacation. He’s defended the belt just 3 times since that match. The fans are fully behind Rhodes getting his rematch and winning the big one after 17 years in the ring himself. Cody also just won the royal rumble match to get his shot at the belt. Now all of a sudden rock is here, seemingly by using his spot on their parent company’s board to insert himself in and Rhodes seems to be getting tossed in the bushes the way CM Punk and Bryan Danielson did when they were the most popular act in the company. It all feels like a scaled up and drawn out version of what happened with Bret Hart and hulk hogan at wrestlemania 9.
What happened with Hogan/Bret?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think WWE gon fold and give y’all cody

Only for it to end like this :banderas:

6184f-16181986549740-800.jpg

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:leostare: :leostare: :leostare:

If I wasn’t so sure they legit thought Rock/Roman was the move, I’d swear they’re tryna manufacture this into a new age “YES!” Movement to garner Cody more sympathy on top of keeping The Vince Revelations out of the news cycle

That's the part I don't get, why is an elaborate swerve needed for Cody who is already the top face and has fan support, Roman vs Cody angle is/was fine. When more victims appear I don't think there is enough superstars to divert the attention

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What happened with Hogan/Bret?
Bret goes into wrestlemania 9 (1993) as the defending champ against Yokozuna, who won the rumble to get the shot at the belt. At the end of the match Mr Fuji throws salt in Bret’s face while he’s got the sharpshooter locked in and Yokozuna covers for the win. While Bret is standing ringside basically trying to wipe his face off, hulk hogan shows up to talk to Bret. All of a sudden Mr Fuji gets on the mic and challenges hogan to face Yokozuna for the belt on the spot. Hogan rushes into the ring, the match starts, and after about a minute or two Yokozuna sets hogan up for Fuji to throw salt in his face. Hogan ducks, Yokozuna gets salt in the face, hogan hits the leg drop, covers Yokozuna for the 3 and the title, and the show goes off the air with hogan posing for the camera as the new champ. Totally pulled the rug out from under Bret who’d just won it all for the first time in October 1992 after 16-17 years in the ring himself. Hogan was 39 at this point and his high point of his match with Andre the giant was 6 years ago at this point and it had been 9 years since hogan won it for the first time. He’d lose the belt to Yokozuna at king of the ring a few months later and left for wcw later that year. Bret didn’t fully recover until beating Yokozuna at wrestlemania 10 the following year in Madison square garden. Bret doesn’t think very highly of hogan and this is one of many reasons why.