CoD Advanced Warfare Official Thread

Hot or not

• Total voters

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man wtf this shyt won't install smfh this is next gen :why:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is officially out! Or, at least its Day Zero edition is. Thousands of gamers have begun plowing through the single-player mode, and even competing online. However, there are also quite a few who are frustrated by a common issue on the Xbox One version of the game.

Acknowledged by Microsoft, the issue results in gamers being unable to install the game properly on their Xbox One. Instead of being able to apply a mandatory install, the Xbox One bounces between install and queue states, making it impossible to boot up the game.

If you have this known issue, try the following:

1. Remove the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc from your Xbox One.

2. Go to My Games, press the Menu button, and then uninstall Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

3. Place the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc back in your Xbox One.

4. Try to begin the game, and if it asks you to update, say no. Your game should begin installing.

5. After the install has completed, boot up the game and install the update.

This has worked for myself as well as a couple dozen people I have communicated with through forums and direct message, so hopefully it works for you. If not, an official fix should be released in short order.

Shocked that the Xbox one version of all is having issues with COD. :mindblown:.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How I got a 60m connection and it's talking about 12 minutes to download a 100 MB updated?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jeezus maybe i should hold off on buying for ps4 you guys are having problems with a basic install.... :heh:
The PS4 version doesn't have that issue. My boy got it for PS4 and was playing immediately after inserting the disc. I was trying to shareplay it with him but it looks like the game blocked that or something. The install issue looks to be affecting mostly XB1 users.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The PS4 version doesn't have that issue. My boy got it for PS4 and was playing immediately after inserting the disc. I was trying to shareplay it with him but it looks like the game blocked that or something. The install issue looks to be affecting mostly XB1 users.

LOL@xbox one....

side note i think the shareplay thing is blocked because of activision... thats my theory... they dont want people to "shareplay/ rent" they want people to buy... mark my words that tidbit will come out...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL@xbox one....

side note i think the shareplay thing is blocked because of activision... thats my theory... they dont want people to "shareplay/ rent" they want people to buy... mark my words that tidbit will come out...
I'm guessing it's a day one thing or something. It'd make no sense to not let people try out it via shareplay. It's not like it's the most optimal way to experience the game(720p/30fps).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wish I would of read this b4 I updated and got hit with this issue,spent last 45mins waitin and now I got to start over :mjcry:
Yeah i keep seeing this issue pop up with each game release. It's like the XB1 is updating and installing the game at the same time which is weird. Suggestions involve going completely offline and installing and then updating after that's finished.