Coach Prime weighing the option of Jackson St. leaving the SWAC and moving up.

Daps
Reppin
Seattle/Tacoma
So JSU as a bigger program wouldn't help the local economy of the city of Jackson? :gucci:
It would only help if it draws more fans from the other schools which it likely wouldn't. Also you likely lose revenue if you dont have some of the rival matchups that draw the biggest crowds(Southern, Alcorn etc). I don't think some on here understand the bigger than football implications of some of this. You're talking about diminishing traditions and culture when making a move like this.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So JSU as a bigger program wouldn't help the local economy of the city of Jackson? :gucci:

No it wouldn’t.

JSU has led the FCS in attendance for damn near a decade, and the SWAC is the FCS conference with the most attendance.

JSU will probably get half the attendance if they move and play white schools. Them moving up will not make JSU a “bigger program”. What the fukk is even conference USA :mjlol: that ain’t no big conference. The big conferences are the P5 ones.

What team in the Sun belt or conference USA will bring in as much revenue as a Southern-Jackson State game? None

I’m not even posting these videos for the bands, but look at the crowd and the crowd interaction with each band. None of that shyt can be replaced with a white school. Games will be dull as hell.

JSU & the SWAC have made their own lane and they don’t need to change. Deion is starting to talk too much. I’m glad he’s brought attention to HBCUs because half of y’all nikkas didn’t even check for them but he can’t be coming in here trying to change shyt.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
No it wouldn’t.

JSU has led the FCS in attendance for damn near a decade, and the SWAC is the FCS conference with the most attendance.

JSU will probably get half the attendance if they move and play white schools. Them moving up will not make JSU a “bigger program”. What the fukk is even conference USA :mjlol: that ain’t no big conference. The big conferences are the P5 ones.

What team in the Sun belt or conference USA will bring in as much revenue as a Southern-Jackson State game? None

I’m not even posting these videos for the bands, but look at the crowd and the crowd interaction with each band. None of that shyt can be replaced with a white school. Games will be dull as hell.

[

JSU & the SWAC have made their own lane and they don’t need to change. Deion is starting to talk too much. I’m glad he’s brought attention to HBCUs because half of y’all nikkas didn’t even check for them but he can’t be coming in here trying to change shyt.
Nothing but facts
Alcorn vs JSU is usually the biggest game of the year for the city of Jackson. Aka the Soul Bowl

It was like 60k Black people in that stadium this past year.

You take Alcorn and SU off that schedule, that city loses a ton of revenue, it's an intense rivalry in HBCU football

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They need donors to upgrade or replace their facilities. That’s the easiest way to move up.

And Deion has been trying since he got there

The state government won’t do it obviously. So it’s going to have to come from elsewhere.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I thought the goal was too field the best team possible, I don’t understand the push back of moving to a more competitive division

Daps
Reppin
Seattle/Tacoma
I thought the goal was too field the best team possible, I don’t understand the push back of moving to a more competitive division
The goal should be to build up the division we are in and have IT be more competitive and draw more coverage and in turn generate more revenue for our schools that service our people. Not to make 1 team competitive but then have the money they generate go to further benefit a division full of pwis while also causing financial harm to our other hbcus by removing their current revenue from the division.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The goal should be to build up the division we are in and have IT be more competitive and draw more coverage and in turn generate more revenue for our schools that service our people. Not to make 1 team competitive but then have the money they generate go to further benefit a division full of pwis while also causing financial harm to our other hbcus by removing their current revenue from the division.
Other hbcus can move up too

Daps
Reppin
Seattle/Tacoma
Other hbcus can move up too
How do you figure? Think about what has had to happen just for people to get the idea of jsu moving up. How are the others in the swac just going to move up and be accepted to a new conference? Who is their Deion Sanders? Who are their top recruits?? JSU is in this position because Deion Sanders became the coach.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
How do you figure? Think about what has had to happen just for people to get the idea of jsu moving up. How are the others in the swac just going to move up and be accepted to a new conference? Who is their Deion Sanders? Who are their top recruits?? JSU is in this position because Deion Sanders became the coach.
Isn’t Eddie George and hue Jackson coaching for one of them schools
And in theory their could be a plan for several hbcus to move up to a conference, I doubt it would only be jsu