Coach Prime weighing the option of Jackson St. leaving the SWAC and moving up.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
That will never happen man and I hope it doesn’t. SWAC teams ride buses everywhere while these P5 schools fly. Imagine Texas Southern riding a bus from Houston to Syracuse or Boston College. We just need to stay in our own lane. fukk everyone else.

I think the p5 schools will stop playing the g5 schools eventually…them playing FCS teams is about to die.

The Ivy League schools do it right in my opinion. They play out of conference games but they’re all about the Ivy League and they don’t apologize for it.

HBCUs have been getting mistreated by the NCAA for far too long. Whenever HBCUs would go to the FCS playoffs they’d always have our schools as the lowest seed traveling to the Dakotas or Montana. We make more money with the Celebration Bowl & the CB gets more views than the FCS playoffs. fukk em :camby:

Move “up” to the MEAC? :mjlol:

MEAC won’t be around in 3 years all of their schools are bailing. Shout out to FAMU & Cookman for coming to the SWAC. My wish is to create a HBCU “super conference” with the remaining MEAC schools & maybe bring up some of the SIAC or CIAA schools.

Lmao I'm clowning breh

I'm hoping for a HBCU Superconference too, which was something Prime was alluding to not too long ago. I much rather see that more than anything tbh.

The MEAC is on its last legs, but salute to Howard for turning down the chance to leave unlike Hampton and A&T. I know the MEAC is looking to expand but it's a hard sell considering how quick Savannah State and Winston Salem State went back to their respective conferences after a stint in the MEAC.

A superconference would be the best option for all parties involved.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Probably should move up if you want to compete with bigger schools, gain more revenue, and get better recruits

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lmao I'm clowning breh

I'm hoping for a HBCU Superconference too, which was something Prime was alluding to not too long ago. I much rather see that more than anything tbh.

The MEAC is on its last legs, but salute to Howard for turning down the chance to leave unlike Hampton and A&T. I know the MEAC is looking to expand but it's a hard sell considering how quick Savannah State and Winston Salem State went back to their respective conferences after a stint in the MEAC.

A superconference would be the best option for all parties involved.

fukk Hampton and A&T. Hampton left first, then A&T let their white athletic director convince them to go to the big south too or whatever they went. Few months ago, Hampton announced their going to another white conference, leaving A&T alone with them other white schools :mjlol:

shyt makes absolutely no sense at all. They said travel was the main reason the left the MEAC, but both of their new conferences has schools further away than the schools in the MEAC were.

But yea shoutout to Howard, Norfolk, SCSU, NCCU & the other MEAC schools for holding it down. If they can, they should try to get some of those CIAA schools to move to D1 and join them, or they just need to join the SWAC like FAMU & Cookman did.

Probably should move up if you want to compete with bigger schools, gain more revenue, and get better recruits

When you say bigger schools, what do you mean..Ohio State, Alabama, UGA, etc? They have a 100 year head start. It would be foolish to try to move up to compete with bigger schools. What’s wrong with being crowded HBCU champs? If they wanna schedule big schools for pay days then fine. HBCUs have beaten some G5 schools thinking they were going to get a easy W.

If we need to use athletics for more funding, then that’s a major problem. Other FCS schools don’t need sports teams to make money for them. HBCU presidents and alum need to do a better job of donating and finding other ways to make money.

I don’t buy the better recruits thing either. If you’re talented, you’ll make your way to the NFL. My school Alabama State had a OL drafted by the raiders in the first round a few years ago. All of the big time players go to a handful of schools, especially now since the NIL is in play.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Never happening.

What’s the fukkin point of going FBS when you’re a G5 school? P5 teams are making super conferences taking all the money. SWAC schools don’t have the resources or amenities for that.
They ripe for a Conference USA or a Sunbelt Conference spot. They're up and coming, improved facilities, and has a stadium that seats 60,000

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They ripe for a Conference USA or a Sunbelt Conference spot. They're up and coming, improved facilities, and has a stadium that seats 60,000

Ok..say they’re in those conferences. Then what?

What shytty bowl are they going to play in in the middle of winter in Idaho or some shyt that their fans aren’t going to & nobody watches on TV,
versus playing in the Celebration Bowl in Atlanta which probably has the most HBCU grads out of any city in the country & it’s closer to Mississippi?

Are the students, alum and fans going to be excited to see them go against Tulsa or some shyt? Are white schools going to bring a crowd to HBCU stadiums? (The answer is hell no. They don’t even do it now and we play schools closer to us).

And who the hell wants to see HBCU bands go up against these white bands? an HBCU game is a whole different experience.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok..say they’re in those conferences. Then what?

What shytty bowl are they going to play in in the middle of winter in Idaho or some shyt that their fans aren’t going to & nobody watches on TV,
versus playing in the Celebration Bowl in Atlanta which probably has the most HBCU grads out of any city in the country & it’s closer to Mississippi?

Are the students, alum and fans going to be excited to see them go against Tulsa or some shyt? Are white schools going to bring a crowd to HBCU stadiums? (The answer is hell no. They don’t even do it now and we play schools closer to us).

And who the hell wants to see HBCU bands go up against these white bands? an HBCU game is a whole different experience.

This is Prime showing his PWI colors