Coach Prime weighing the option of Jackson St. leaving the SWAC and moving up.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they’re fine where they’re at, like @staticshock was alluding to, is it better to stay in SWAC and keep your rivalries or play in Huntington, West Virginia in November fighting for a spot in the Dollar General bowl?

That's another thing will those PWI travel to those HBCU stadiums.

Plus there will be no zero qtr and fifth qtr with the bands

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
A move to a sun belt type conference in time may be the move

no reason they can’t be app state or coastal Carolina level program

maybe even a conference like the MAC or AAC gets desperate enough

nikkas talking ACC and Big 10 are out their damned minds

Last edited:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
It's too soon to even talk about it.......let the Jackson State rising tide bring other along in its wake so that everybody eats. As soon as shyt starts to get good for one everything turns selfish on some short term shyt. Group economics, bargaining power, shyt wait until a couple other schools start to rise and have other schools join you. The plan was supposed to be for an HBCU revival.........shyt is shaking out funny in the light

Karume

All Star
Daps
life often breeds opportunities for jealousy not necessarily of what is but of what could be

Karume

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
It's too soon to even talk about it.......let the Jackson State rising tide bring other along in its wake so that everybody eats. As soon as shyt starts to get good for one everything turns selfish on some short term shyt. Group economics, bargaining power, shyt wait until a couple other schools start to rise and have other schools join you. The plan was supposed to be for an HBCU revival.........shyt is shaking out funny in the light

I don't think Deion has the patience for all that

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Eventually, what’s going to end up happening is those Power 5 schools will stop paying to play them.

HBCU’s have to step up financially. If they start getting better talent the money will come. We’re our own worst enemy. We should be able to recruit our own people. Especially in the south. You got all these rappers in the south making millions and don’t even support these institutions.

If HBCU’s don’t step up they will get left even further behind.
Recruiting takes money

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Ok..say they’re in those conferences. Then what?

What shytty bowl are they going to play in in the middle of winter in Idaho or some shyt that their fans aren’t going to & nobody watches on TV,
versus playing in the Celebration Bowl in Atlanta which probably has the most HBCU grads out of any city in the country & it’s closer to Mississippi?

Are the students, alum and fans going to be excited to see them go against Tulsa or some shyt? Are white schools going to bring a crowd to HBCU stadiums? (The answer is hell no. They don’t even do it now and we play schools closer to us).

And who the hell wants to see HBCU bands go up against these white bands? an HBCU game is a whole different experience.
No arguments from me on this as I agree but the thread title says Prime wants to move upwards out of the SWAC and all I said was that Conference USA and the Sunbelt Conference were the logical and feasible next steps up. And if one of these schools truly wants a bigger conference and profile is one of them down to bite the bullet and go against tradition and not play a "southern bowl" with the pageantry, battle of the bands, celebrations, culture, history, etc.? Moving up is going to come at a price if a school like Jackson State is down to do this. It would suck to lose most of that initially but does it help the program ten years down the line and pave the way for more HBCU's to make a move? Does this help the city of Jackson's local economy improve and come out of its depressed state? Gotta weigh all options and on something like this. I've been to Jackson several times and JSU is in the heart of downtown. Its time for that town to rise up if you ask me.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
It would suck to lose most of that initially but does it help the program ten years down the line and pave the way for more HBCU's to make a move? Does this help the city of Jackson's local economy improve and come out of its depressed state? Gotta weigh all options and on something like this. I've been to Jackson several times and JSU is in the heart of downtown. Its time for that town to rise up if you ask me.
no is the answer to all of this.